S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR Owner in Germany

Old 08-09-2011, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CR Owner in Germany

Hey fellow CR owners,

As some may know I'm a military member that is stationed in Germany. My CR has been with me for a few months now since I shipped it here recently, I have also done the basic fluid changes oil/diff/transmission/brake since I got it. I just got hit down with a 6-9month deployment to Africa here in a few months, so I'll be keeping it in my garage for the time being.

What steps/procedures would you take for winter storage for our cars.

I'll be..

- washing/wax inside and out.
- unpluging the battery
- towels under the wiper blades
- crack the windows a little bit
- top the fuel tank

When I come back I'll...

- change all the fluids

Anything else you can think of?

Thank You!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:26 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I would add a product like Sta-Bil to the fuel being parked that long and I would put several sheets of one-two inch styrofoam under each tire. This will prevent a tire issue sitting in one place that long. Depending on the humidity, you might add a couple of bags of desiccant to the trunk/interior of the car. If rodents could be an issue I would add a few rat poison packs to the garage area. You don't want chewed on wiring or nests under the hood, etc.

Here's hoping your deployment passes quickly and you return to find your baby safe and unharmed!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 AM

Received 280 Likes on 140 Posts

I don't think there's anything particularly "special" about the S2000 (relative to other cars) as far as extended storage -- it's practically a new Honda, after all. I'd Google it and look for some of the tips/hints from car-mag sites, and maybe even collector-car sites; then do the things that seem reasonable.

The most important thing in my mind would be: make sure your storage location is secure!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:23 PM

[quote name='34witt' timestamp='1313007608' post='20865911']
Nice man, are you in Ramstien or Spang? I have my CR back in the states and bought a 99 JDM one here. If you need someone to look after it let me know. I would be more than willing to look after your gem.

Before you head out would you like to meet up for a drive and perhaps a trip to the Nurburgring? My old white AP1 is here. We head up there all the time with an FD and FC usually tagging along.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:28 AM

Hey im in ramstein, got another year left here. I appreciate the help while I'm gone but the wifey its watching guard =).

I would def like to hit up nurburging sometime, but just be forewarned I'm a complete noobie driver and have zero knowledge in track/circuit/xcrossing. This is my first rear wheel car (sold my EM1 last year), so I'm still testing it out on these curvy german roads =).
Old 08-11-2011, 06:00 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm so jealous of you having your CR there. For storage, I would suggest what everyone else posted plus maybe drain the oil out of the engine... You don't want gunk build up over time
Old 08-11-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by BrutalDawg
Hey im in ramstein, got another year left here. I appreciate the help while I'm gone but the wifey its watching guard =).

I would def like to hit up nurburging sometime, but just be forewarned I'm a complete noobie driver and have zero knowledge in track/circuit/xcrossing. This is my first rear wheel car (sold my EM1 last year), so I'm still testing it out on these curvy german roads =).

Sent you a PM