S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

? for CR owners who track with stock seats?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tracked my CR about 5 times and 2 auto-x events. I felt pretty planted, no sliding. I do feel like I need more lateral support as others have mentioned. I am planning to get two bucket seats, but still trying to figure out the rail/srs passenger airbag issue because I still want to use OEM seat belts.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:19 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzz
ok since we are talking about tracking the CR I had the pleasure of my first HPDE event at Lime Rock with SCDA on the 15th of July.

my CR is completely stock except for the brakes, drilled/slotted rotors, ceramic pads, ss brake lines with ate blue fluid.

car performed marvelously and for a 69 year old first timer I held my own. What a blast and the instructor wants first dibs should I ever decide to sell my CR (not likely).
I thought my brakes were a bit spongy at the limit but forgot to ask the instructor his opinion (guess I was just too excited to be on the track). No fade and they seemed to work pretty well except for the "feel".
seats held this fat old man very well by the way.

any suggestions???

buzzz
wow! another S2K track junkie from the North-East and that too one with a CR

SCDA posted a pic of an NFR AP1 from Lime Rock. Was that car in your run group as well?

Several of us from Upstate & New England often run with SCDA. We just got a group together and had 10 S2000's at Watkins Glen with SCDA on July 8&9. You can read about it here https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101.../page__st__250

Hope to see you sometime at Lime Rock. NASA NE is also a good club to run with if you plan to do this regularly.
http://www.nasanortheast.com/

Wish I had the CR seats or even better a CR. Maybe someday
Old 07-17-2013, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by A 2
Originally Posted by buzzz' timestamp='1373970685' post='22668498
ok since we are talking about tracking the CR I had the pleasure of my first HPDE event at Lime Rock with SCDA on the 15th of July.

my CR is completely stock except for the brakes, drilled/slotted rotors, ceramic pads, ss brake lines with ate blue fluid.

car performed marvelously and for a 69 year old first timer I held my own. What a blast and the instructor wants first dibs should I ever decide to sell my CR (not likely).
I thought my brakes were a bit spongy at the limit but forgot to ask the instructor his opinion (guess I was just too excited to be on the track). No fade and they seemed to work pretty well except for the "feel".
seats held this fat old man very well by the way.

any suggestions???

buzzz
wow! another S2K track junkie from the North-East and that too one with a CR

SCDA posted a pic of an NFR AP1 from Lime Rock. Was that car in your run group as well?

Several of us from Upstate & New England often run with SCDA. We just got a group together and had 10 S2000's at Watkins Glen with SCDA on July 8&9. You can read about it here https://www.s2ki.com/...a/page__st__250

Hope to see you sometime at Lime Rock. NASA NE is also a good club to run with if you plan to do this regularly.
http://www.nasanortheast.com/

Wish I had the CR seats or even better a CR. Maybe someday
Old 07-17-2013, 02:49 PM

there was one other s2ki , ran in a higher group, dont know the year but it was red.

i ran in the novice group, what a blast

would love to do it again as soon as time allows.

if possible keep me posted on any planned group activities.

live i RI so lime rock is 3+ hours and the glenn probably 5+

acna has some two day events at the glenn as well. membership is under $50 and you do not need to run an audi.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Have you tried just a simple CG-Lock? Before trying to go from a stock seat to basically another stock seat?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by iLuveketchup
Originally Posted by buzzz' timestamp='1373970685' post='22668498
Which tires were you using?

continental extreme contact dw
will upgrade at some point
Old 07-18-2013, 03:43 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzz

acna has some two day events at the glenn as well. membership is under $50 and you do not need to run an audi.
Some of us are thinking about the SCDA event at NJMP in September. Is that a fair driving distance for you?

If you run with SCDA again, be sure to ask ahead of time for Greg Goss as an instructor. Greg has an NFR AP1 with the #59 on it and a terrific instructor too. To keep things from going any further off-topic, I will send you a PM if a group is getting together for another event.

Apologies to the others for going OT. Will not do so any more
Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by A 2
Originally Posted by buzzz' timestamp='1374101390' post='22672327

sorry about the ot thing. pm me plaese so we can talk further

Some of us are thinking about the SCDA event at NJMP in September. Is that a fair driving distance for you?

If you run with SCDA again, be sure to ask ahead of time for Greg Goss as an instructor. Greg has an NFR AP1 with the #59 on it and a terrific instructor too. To keep things from going any further off-topic, I will send you a PM if a group is getting together for another event.

Apologies to the others for going OT. Will not do so any more
Old 07-23-2013, 08:33 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, final rundown seems to be that the CR seats would help quite a bit, but they are not a cost effective option. I could just put some Alcantara leather down on the seat for far less money.

The CG lock was mentions quite a few times and appears to be a great option to keep me in my seat.

However, the Modifry Seat Belt Lock appears to be a better choice. For about the same amount of money, it uses the seat belts built in locking mechanism, and therefore locks the shoulder belt part as well.

Thanks for everyone's help!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:01 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

I like the Modifry idea but I'm hesitant to install that because it involves cutting a hole in the car... it's a small hole but still.. cutting doesn't ever seem like something I would want to do.

I'm probably getting a CG lock... I just have to find one for sale.

Quick Reply: ? for CR owners who track with stock seats?