S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 CR Club Racer Edition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/)
-   -   CR parts/car pricing questions here (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/cr-parts-car-pricing-questions-here-1075726/)

TheMuffinMan 03-03-2014 12:40 PM

CR parts/car pricing questions here

I've put my OEM CR trunklid and spoiler up for sale and wanted to see if I can get opinions on how to price it.

The parts themselves, assuming you can still buy everything new breaks down to the following (per Majestic) -

$400 - 68500-S2A-A80ZZ - Trunk Lid
$408 - 71701-S2A-A01ZK - Spoiler
$76 - 71711-S2A-A01ZL - 'Foot'
$76 - 71712-S2A-A01ZC - 'Foot'
$26 - 71713-S2A-A00 - Stiffener 'Foot'
$76 - 71761-S2A-A01ZC - 'Foot'
$76 - 71762-S2A-A01ZL - 'Foot'
$26 - 71763-S2A-A00 - Stiffener 'Foot'
$10 - 74871-S2A-A00 - Spring
$10 - 74872-S2A-A00 - Spring

Plus all the little miscellaneous stuff and things you can swap over from your stock trunk (brake light, etc). I know I'm leaving out a few items but these seemed like the 'bigger' ones you'd want to have.

That comes out to be ~$1200 without shipping and potentially wrong color.

What do you guys think it should be reasonably sold at? I've got mine at priced at $1300 right now considering it was painted NFR, keyhole welded, and has the OEM Black Chrome badge on it. I feel like I've seen the wings (and hardware) alone go for ~$750 or so on the forums.

Vanishing Point 03-03-2014 01:58 PM

For a NFR S2000 owner that's not too high, assuming they are close enough to come by and pick it up. Shipping an item like that is expensive and might negate a seller from out of state. GLWS , to help with your sale post a picture. :thumbup:

Suzuka_BlueS2K 03-03-2014 05:21 PM

Very fair price. I wanted to buy all of it. I would have paid 2k for all of it but you wouldn't ship. I wouldnt ship either as its risking damage. Post on your local craigslist as most people here are going to.need it shipped. Fyi I just paid 830 for my wing with all the hardware and 456 for bare trunklid. Glws

TheMuffinMan 03-03-2014 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuka_BlueS2K (Post 23044658)
Very fair price. I wanted to buy all of it. I would have paid 2k for all of it but you wouldn't ship. I wouldnt ship either as its risking damage. Post on your local craigslist as most people here are going to.need it shipped. Fyi I just paid 830 for my wing with all the hardware and 456 for bare trunklid. Glws

I know :(

I've had bad experiences shipping larger items (specifically a S2000 door) and even though it was very well packaged it was damaged on a corner and it was an asbolute nightmare to get any money from GreyHound. And even then I was only able to recoup ~60% of what I paid.

bbova 03-11-2014 11:01 AM

Looking for a CR came across a 2008 CR with 70k on it. Looks clean. What would be the market price on a rebuilt title CR. Just seeing what others have paid.

Thanks

xLostx 03-11-2014 11:08 AM

Do you know the reason behind the rebuilt title?

goldenfri 03-11-2014 12:02 PM

I've heard the rule of thumb is 2/3 the value of a non-salvage. :shrug:

Vanishing Point 03-11-2014 05:06 PM

Again depends on the details surrounding the salvage. Was it a flood car, wrecked, stolen stripped or vandalized? For a road car I would avoid a salvage car, unless I personally knew who repaired the car. As to the question on price, I would price one anywhere from a low 9k to 16k. Why are you considering a salvage car........ track use?
Probably the highest and best use for a salvage car.

Team Sutera 03-25-2014 02:49 AM

I am looking to purchase a CR and am having a challenge understanding the true market value of several that are listed from dealers and private sales.

2008 CR's will low mileage are selling at local dealers for 34K. I am trying to understand what my expectations should be because when I go onto KELLEY or NADA I am seeing price ranges of 26 - 27 K on the very high side.

There is a beautiful yellow CR in Houston that has low mileage but also has several thousand dollars invested in parts and labor from very reputable tuners. For this I can understand a mark-up ... the parts have intrinsic value.

If anyone could help me get a better sense, I would be terribly grateful.

Kind regards,

Michael Sutera

FurY 03-25-2014 04:50 AM

In my opinion, it really is a mix of KBB/NADA, what they're going for on the market place at the time, and the overall condition of the car. You really have to factor in all of those things. It reminds me of when you would find ITR's for sale in the early 2000's... they were always for sale above whatever car buying guide you checked because of the rarity and the fact that they were sought after. The CR is really similar in that regard... low production numbers and the pricing is generally at or above the highest value you see in car buying guides.

At the end of the day, the car is only worth what the seller and buyer come to an agreement on. If someone is selling a CR for $35k and one potential buyer thinks it's too high but another comes along and pays that much for it, then you could argue that it is in fact worth the $35k the seller asked for since someone was willing to pay that. Time will tell, but I feel like we'll only ever have a ballpark idea of what a CR should go for since the pricing will vary based on mileage, condition, etc and the fact that some people want them bad enough to pay a high price for it. Even base model S2K's have been leveling out in price for a couple years now and in some cases have gone up and people still pay what sellers are asking.

I'm not saying it isn't possible to find one for a lower/better price, but you might be waiting a while and have to have good timing. IMO, if you find one for sale that you like, the condition is what you're after, and it's reasonably priced (or within what you're willing to pay), i would say jump on it. I've been watching the CR for sale ads and it seems lately that they are not staying on the market very long and you need to be ready to buy if one pops up for sale that you're interested in.

Got a little winded there, hope that helps :tipwink: