S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR parts/car pricing questions here

Old 07-19-2019, 02:11 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Appears they may have the trunk lid: https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-...lid.html?PNC=2
Thanks, I just emailed them. Hopefully they have.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an 08 BB CR that has been my daily for nearly a decade, so it has 82k on the odometer and it also has its share of little stone chips in the paint (hood & nose). Otherwise, it's in really good shape, although my dog did leave nail scratches on the elbow pad on the center console. The leather wrap for the steering wheel has begun decomposing, so I wrapped it with an aftermarket leather cover. I also installed a MOMO air metal shift knob and the original left when my son sold his S2000 (I didn't intend for that to happen). I was very lightly rear ended (see photo below) years ago, and as I never intended to sell the car, I had the rear bumper replaced. I had instructed the body shop to keep the original, which I planned to keep, but they didn't have it when I picked up my repaired car. The AC system was replaced last year and the left half-shaft was replaced a few years ago. I also had a valve adjustment done at 60k miles and various fluids have been replaced every 30k miles.

Sorry for the lengthy introduction, but I'm curious about a real resale value for this car. I can't say that I want to sell it, but there are some things motivating me to do so. It's not immaculate (although, it looks it from about 10'), but it's a pretty clean car. It hasn't been tracked and it certainly hasn't been abused. It has been garage kept and it definitely has been loved - most enjoyable car I have ever owned.

Is this a mid-$20k car, or am I dreaming? In a way, I'd like to think it isn't even worth $20k, which would discourage me from selling it. I've never kept a car this long and the prospect of replacing a car has never made me feel sick, but there's something special about these cars. I know that I'll regret selling it, but it's the rational thing to do. Maybe, I just want someone to talk me off of the ledge.

Believe it or not, this is the damaged bumper. The area around the tag was deformed, but it doesn't show in the photos I took. All you can see is a little scuff above the passenger-side tailpipe.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Asking for a friend.....My friend's car is track oriented and was considering an aftermarket wing.

What is a fair listing price for the entire OEM CR trunk and wing setup, it's RYP?
Old 05-14-2020, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kpc06bb
I have an 08 BB CR that has been my daily for nearly a decade, so it has 82k on the odometer and it also has its share of little stone chips in the paint (hood & nose). Otherwise, it's in really good shape, although my dog did leave nail scratches on the elbow pad on the center console. The leather wrap for the steering wheel has begun decomposing, so I wrapped it with an aftermarket leather cover. I also installed a MOMO air metal shift knob and the original left when my son sold his S2000 (I didn't intend for that to happen). I was very lightly rear ended (see photo below) years ago, and as I never intended to sell the car, I had the rear bumper replaced. I had instructed the body shop to keep the original, which I planned to keep, but they didn't have it when I picked up my repaired car. The AC system was replaced last year and the left half-shaft was replaced a few years ago. I also had a valve adjustment done at 60k miles and various fluids have been replaced every 30k miles.

Sorry for the lengthy introduction, but I'm curious about a real resale value for this car. I can't say that I want to sell it, but there are some things motivating me to do so. It's not immaculate (although, it looks it from about 10'), but it's a pretty clean car. It hasn't been tracked and it certainly hasn't been abused. It has been garage kept and it definitely has been loved - most enjoyable car I have ever owned.

Is this a mid-$20k car, or am I dreaming? In a way, I'd like to think it isn't even worth $20k, which would discourage me from selling it. I've never kept a car this long and the prospect of replacing a car has never made me feel sick, but there's something special about these cars. I know that I'll regret selling it, but it's the rational thing to do. Maybe, I just want someone to talk me off of the ledge.

Believe it or not, this is the damaged bumper. The area around the tag was deformed, but it doesn't show in the photos I took. All you can see is a little scuff above the passenger-side tailpipe.
are you still looking to sell? I’m looking to buy a CR
Old 10-12-2020, 10:01 AM
B-T

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I would say that is likely a car worth around $30-35k.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by B-T
I would say that is likely a car worth around $30-35k.
Modded, lower mileage CRs are going for that price. I would say its a 25-28k car all things considered.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:06 AM
B-T

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I would say a generally clean stock non CR with 80k miles would go for around $24k, so the CR is easily about $10k more for rarity. I would definitely list it for no less than $35k and see what happens. I would be surprised if it did not sell pretty quickly.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:20 AM

Received 81 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by hobbs
Modded, lower mileage CRs are going for that price. I would say its a 25-28k car all things considered.
Lower mileage NON CR's are going for low to high 20's depending on care and maintenance. Like B-T said, add $10,000 for rarity and exclusivity and you should be on mark. If there are any $20,000 plus CR's kicking around, please post them here!
Old 10-13-2020, 01:42 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by silvio1522
Lower mileage NON CR's are going for low to high 20's depending on care and maintenance. Like B-T said, add $10,000 for rarity and exclusivity and you should be on mark. If there are any $20,000 plus CR's kicking around, please post them here!
No, low mileage stock AP2s are going for low to mid 20's, maybe 25k+ if it has less than 20,000 miles and a hardtop. A 80,000 mile AP2 in "good" shape is a sub-20k car, only time you'll see a 80,000 mile S2000 up for sale at 20k+ is at an overzealous dealership.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:19 PM

Received 81 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by hobbs
No, low mileage stock AP2s are going for low to mid 20's, maybe 25k+ if it has less than 20,000 miles and a hardtop.
So the Rio yellow with 59,000 miles and no hardtop, that you gave your professional opinion on, and said should sell for high 20's, met your criteria then? Or was that a BAT "wacked" price?
You know what they say about Opinions, Right?

Quick Reply: CR parts/car pricing questions here