S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR parts/car pricing questions here

Old 06-07-2014, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iamxpL
To a person like me, I wouldn't mind it having an accident on its history as Orijinal pointed out. In fact i am actually looking at one right now. As long as the car tracks straight and there was no serious damage, looking at your pictures it looks like it was involved in the same kind of accident. My car will be an autocross car. You can get it fixed and start off high in the price range and see what offers you can get.
Thanks for giving me a ray of hope. The car was repaired right away 2 years ago. To me it's perfectly fine.
I did kinda remember they say the support frame, or something in like that, for the radiator needed to be straighten out. I am not sure if that's part of chase frame (X frame)or an important frame.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The radiator frame is not a big deal. Dont lose hope just yet.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
I really don't understand the ridiculous asking prices for S2000's lately, especially CR's.

This car is not even remotely close to being out of production long enough to be appreciating in value. These things are not an NSX yet people have this delusional idea that their cars are worth $4-7k more than their actual value.

This one here. The black one in Washington state that started off with an asking price near $40k.

Seriously get real people. You don't buy a car six years ago, drive it for six years, put 30k miles on it and then get to sell it for what you bought it for.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:53 AM
Community Organizer

Received 662 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by honda606
Originally Posted by RedCelica' timestamp='1414157949' post='23381384
I really don't understand the ridiculous asking prices for S2000's lately, especially CR's.

This car is not even remotely close to being out of production long enough to be appreciating in value. These things are not an NSX yet people have this delusional idea that their cars are worth $4-7k more than their actual value.

This one here. The black one in Washington state that started off with an asking price near $40k.

Seriously get real people. You don't buy a car six years ago, drive it for six years, put 30k miles on it and then get to sell it for what you bought it for.
Supply and demand. Its worth what people will pay.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by goldenfri
Nah. It's actually called flawed valuation.

KBB's pricing was so flawed and incorrect that I emailed them about the issue and they have lowered their S2000 values across the board by roughly ~$3k over the last 30 days. Their pricing was $4-4.5k higher than anyone else on the web (nadaguides.com, edmunds.com, etc.) so I wrote them a lengthy email explaining how their values were skewing the overall used market value for the car and they actually replied that I was correct and took action. You can read the account in this thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1100942-buying-an-s2k/

So, knowing that KBB has the highest resale values on the web by far for the S2000, and seeing how they come back with a value of ~$26k for an 08 with 34k miles, one can easily determine that the asking price for this particular GPW is delusional.

Sorry but a CR isn't magically worth an additional $7.5k because it has white paint.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:57 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica' timestamp='1414157949' post='23381384
Mint GPW CR w/ 34000 miles in FLhttp://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/4725543752.html
I really don't understand the ridiculous asking prices for S2000's lately, especially CR's.This car is not even remotely close to being out of production long enough to be appreciating in value. These things are not an NSX yet people have this delusional idea that their cars are worth $4-7k more than their actual value.This one here. The black one in Washington state that started off with an asking price near $40k.Seriously get real people. You don't buy a car six years ago, drive it for six years, put 30k miles on it and then get to sell it for what you bought it for.
KBB, like most valuation tools is flawed, but not in the way you've described. They don't take into consideration that the CR is/was a limited production car, the delete model even more so. In fact KBB doesn't even adequately describe their criteria for what constitutes a car in excellent condition or poor condition. Regional valuations alone can affect a cars valuation, don't believe me, check a similar hypothetical car in Michigan versus Texas. I doubt KBB even knows the history or production figures for the CR, let alone a S2000. You come off as someone crying because the CR is plan and simple a more desirable model of S2000, and in some cases is worth more. There are plenty of cars out there that command top dollar, is the CR one of them? Some think so and it's their right to sell/ask whatever they wish, it only takes one person interested enough to purchase the car.
Would I take the 29,000/ 28,740 or 27,650 for the same car entered on KBB within the span of four minutes? The answer is no, KBB isn't fixed. The seller is the best valuation tool of their car based on the resources on S2KI, the CR forum, prior sales and your documentation of the vehicle.

*** NSX's are going up too, and some colors are more desireable, one of which is white. Just a FYI.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:47 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1414421595' post='23384089
Nah. It's actually called flawed valuation.

KBB's pricing was so flawed and incorrect that I emailed them about the issue and they have lowered their S2000 values across the board by roughly ~$3k over the last 30 days. Their pricing was $4-4.5k higher than anyone else on the web (nadaguides.com, edmunds.com, etc.) so I wrote them a lengthy email explaining how their values were skewing the overall used market value for the car and they actually replied that I was correct and took action. You can read the account in this thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1100942-buying-an-s2k/

So, knowing that KBB has the highest resale values on the web by far for the S2000, and seeing how they come back with a value of ~$26k for an 08 with 34k miles, one can easily determine that the asking price for this particular GPW is delusional.

Sorry but a CR isn't magically worth an additional $7.5k because it has white paint.
The problem is the CRs are selling for close to what people are asking, so it's not exactly a flawed valuation.

I've got a GPW CR I'm willing to sell if you're interested. I guarantee you're going to be unhappy with the asking price though. White might not be worth a premium to you, but to some people it is.

Edit: Aren't you the guy who I have to routinely deletes posts from because you're always complaining about prices on other peoples for sale items? I believe Orjinal's hardtop was a recent example. You come across as someone who wants an S2000 and it's related parts but doesn't want to pay the premium associated with the car or it's parts.

You can send all the emails to whatever organizations you want, at the end of the day the cars are worth whatever people are willing to pay. I don't care if KBB says my car is worth $10,000, I'm still going to list it for what I want to sell it for.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:03 AM

Received 190 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
at the end of the day the cars are worth whatever people are willing to pay. I don't care if KBB says my car is worth $10,000, I'm still going to list it for what I want to sell it for.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:36 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I was doing a parts search and never realized there are three wheels studs indicated for our CR's. Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with the cheaper one vs. the more expensive option. I "assume" there might be a reason, maybe suppliers changed over the years and Honda never deleted the other part numbers.

From Hondapartscheap:

38 90113-SM1-005 BOLT, WHEEL (ROCKNEL FASTENER)
$1.90 $1.33
38 90113-SM1-005 BOLT, WHEEL (NAGOYA RASHI)
$1.90 $1.33
38 90113-SA0-006 BOLT, WHEEL (SAGA)
$5.83 $4.08

Interestingly Majestic only lists the SAGA and the ROCKNEL fasteners.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep getting lowballed on my car (or the extreme other where people don't believe the price and want to know what's wrong with it) and thought I had it priced pretty good for a quick sale. This is after considering the dealerships are offering 22-23,200 for trade in (after accounting for 7% taxes I save because of trade in). So what do you guys think, is my price too out of whack?

As for the white resprayed car, that's sad!

Quick Reply: CR parts/car pricing questions here