S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR parts/car pricing questions here

Old 03-11-2015, 05:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Hopefully it finds a home where it will be returned to it's former glory, otherwise there goes another CR onto the junk heap of history.
I can't even imagine how much it would cost to get it to just decent condition. When you couple paint/body with any mechanical issues (engine felt good, but would still want a compression and leak down test).

I don't even know how to figure out what it's worth......I would have never thought of a CR as being worth less than $10k, but......

Originally Posted by Th@n@tos
I keep getting lowballed on my car (or the extreme other where people don't believe the price and want to know what's wrong with it) and thought I had it priced pretty good for a quick sale. This is after considering the dealerships are offering 22-23,200 for trade in (after accounting for 7% taxes I save because of trade in). So what do you guys think, is my price too out of whack?

As for the white resprayed car, that's sad!
For any future buyers that think your price is high, show them pictures of the "white" one along with my post. Whatever you're asking for yours will seem reasonable compared to that!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello i have to add my honest opinion
Im not here to argue or discourage anyone but as myself a former CR owner, many things factor into the value of the car

Yes i have talked to Th@n@tos i offered him similar to $23300
And why? Because fender and trunk have to be refinished and once any part of the body part on CR is refinished It will obviously react to paintmeter and there is decrease in value CR being collectors car this is critical that it was once refinished for any reasons, and alslo the owner mentioned that the it was once lowered, although it is now back to stock, the balance of the suspension system is probably not as good as the CR which was never lowered before

If you want nice bodywork and paint job which is must for these CRs
About $2000 is expected
$23300 +$2000 = $25300 I would not mind paying $2000-3000 additinal for a perfect CR which has no history of bodywork

It is still very nice car and the seller was very informative and honest
But sametime it is difficult to justify pay his asking price plus additional cost for bodywork which contributes in diminished value cuz of that
Old 03-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Community Organizer

Received 663 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by cantsleep
Im not here to argue or discourage anyone but as myself a former CR owner, many things factor into the value of the car

And why? Because fender and trunk have to be refinished and once any part of the body part on CR is refinished It will obviously react to paintmeter and there is decrease in value CR being collectors car this is critical that it was once refinished for any reasons, and alslo the owner mentioned that the it was once lowered, although it is now back to stock, the balance of the suspension system is probably not as good as the CR which was never lowered before

About $2000 is expected
$23300 +$2000 = $25300 I would not mind paying $2000-3000 additinal for a perfect CR which has no history of bodywork

But sametime it is difficult to justify pay his asking price plus additional cost for bodywork which contributes in diminished value cuz of that
I will agree with you on the paintwork etc, but the balance of the suspension being altered from being previously lowered doesn't really make any sense.

That said I think the price is ok with the low miles, but the bodywork issue is really going to limit you to a smaller subset of buyers that will be willing to be ok with that.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by goldenfri
Originally Posted by cantsleep' timestamp='1426089432' post='23535847

About $2000 is expected

I will agree with you on the paintwork etc, but the balance of the suspension being altered from being previously lowered doesn't really make any sense.

That said I think the price is ok with the low miles, but the bodywork issue is really going to limit you to a smaller subset of buyers that will be willing to be ok with that.
Yea im talking about suspension bushing getting extra force and weight by being lowered for times It might influence bushings to wear out sooner than normal
Old 03-11-2015, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Th@n@tos
I keep getting lowballed on my car (or the extreme other where people don't believe the price and want to know what's wrong with it) and thought I had it priced pretty good for a quick sale. This is after considering the dealerships are offering 22-23,200 for trade in (after accounting for 7% taxes I save because of trade in). So what do you guys think, is my price too out of whack?

I think your price is quite fair. Mine has 12K less miles and no body issues and I wouldn't take a penny less than 30K, so 25ish seems reasonable especially since these thing are only appreciating (like most factory specials).

Seriously, can anyone name another factory built specialty car as raw or rare as the CR for less than 50,000USD?
Old 03-11-2015, 02:20 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Th@n@tos, I feel your pricing of your CR is fair, especially with your full disclosure within your ad. One feature that affects your sale is the color, we (the CR forum) are partially at fault for pushing some colors over others. Far more potential buyers would prefer ABP, Rio or even GPW. Berlina Black is a great color, but requires more work to detail and appeals to a typically smaller group of potential buyers.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:36 PM

Hopefully I'm posting in the correct place for parts. Im currently in the market to make a type s clone.I'm looking for CR Spoiler and (Hardware), OEM LIP and CR rims or even V3. If you have any of these parts please hit me up. Thank You!!!!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by thepassionofthegoose
Originally Posted by Th@n@tos' timestamp='1426080422' post='23535650

I think your price is quite fair. Mine has 12K less miles and no body issues and I wouldn't take a penny less than 30K, so 25ish seems reasonable especially since these thing are only appreciating (like most factory specials).

Seriously, can anyone name another factory built specialty car as raw or rare as the CR for less than 50,000USD?
Currently, I have an 08 Nismo 350Z # 1508. They only made 1600 production models. I believe the Z and the CR were compared at some point. The thing is, I've seen a few for sale that seems beaten up pretty bad, have a lot of bodywork done, and one being boosted. Is it that common to see these models like this? I see it a lot on my350z.com. I'm just trying to get educated on the car before I post a thread that has been already answered, but I wanted a second opinion as well from other owners whether CR or non-CR.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:58 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by trustr888
Originally Posted by thepassionofthegoose' timestamp='1426107291' post='23536337
[quote name='Th@n@tos' timestamp='1426080422' post='23535650']

Currently, I have an 08 Nismo 350Z # 1508. They only made 1600 production models. I believe the Z and the CR were compared at some point. The thing is, I've seen a few for sale that seems beaten up pretty bad, have a lot of bodywork done, and one being boosted. Is it that common to see these models like this? I see it a lot on my350z.com. I'm just trying to get educated on the car before I post a thread that has been already answered, but I wanted a second opinion as well from other owners whether CR or non-CR.
[/quote]

I recognize the SN hehe. I was hoping you were going to make it out last night to the S2000 meet so I could talk you through what to expect when looking for a CR. Feel free to PM me with direct questions. To broadly answer your question, yes. I would say there are three groups of CR owners. Collector/garage queen owners, owners that buy to track/race the CR, and lastly the group of owners that this is just a car to them. The last group unfortunately treat this like any other vehicle and do not car for it. Every car group experiences this, its just tough with a limited production car because that means there are even fewer clean cars out there.

Question for you, what is your intent with the car?
Old 05-07-2015, 12:02 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi everyone,

I am speaking with a forum member who potentially might put up his 2008 ABP CR for sale and I was wondering what you guys thought would fair market value for the car. The CR has 68k miles, well maintained, mainly autocrossed, no accidents, and had a clear bra installed soon after original purchase. The car is set up for STR class in autocross and currently has the following mods: Moton shocks, Buddy club wheels 17x9, titanium exhaust, KN intake, PLM header, flashpro, and weighs about 2600 currently. If I was to purchase the vehicle, I told the owner that I would be interested in purchasing it stock.

Based on the history and previous modifications done to the car, what do you guys think would be a fair market value?

-Oscar

Quick Reply: CR parts/car pricing questions here