S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR Wing Install on a Non-CR trunk lid

Old 12-02-2018, 08:50 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Two distinguishing aspects of the OEM rear spoiler is the small "weep" hole on the bottom side of either end of the spoiler. The other is the color matched attachment hardware plug covers on the underside next to the stanchions, I don't believe non OEM spoilers would have either of these.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One issue I still haven't fixed that's nagging at me is that the trunk skin buckles pretty easily with a bit of weight on the wing. The support plates aren't cutting it so well, IMO.
Any proposals on how I can better brace that part of the trunk? I could imagine using epoxy to glue the plates to the trunk (I used a beater trunk anyways). But....I'm hoping for a more graceful solution.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Two distinguishing aspects of the OEM rear spoiler is the small "weep" hole on the bottom side of either end of the spoiler. The other is the color matched attachment hardware plug covers on the underside next to the stanchions, I don't believe non OEM spoilers would have either of these.
My replica has this weep hole on the inside-side of the end-plate. So the holes both face towards the central axis of the car. They're very small, and probably used when molding the plastic.

I don't think I have the color matched hardware plug.

I do think the replica's wing stand plastic molding has a slightly different design from the CR wing's. You have to look closely at pictures - there's a ton on ebay of the replica wing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-00-09-H...-/323270013489
Old 12-30-2019, 02:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by limenuke
My replica has this weep hole on the inside-side of the end-plate. So the holes both face towards the central axis of the car. They're very small, and probably used when molding the plastic.

I don't think I have the color matched hardware plug.

I do think the replica's wing stand plastic molding has a slightly different design from the CR wing's. You have to look closely at pictures - there's a ton on ebay of the replica wing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-00-09-H...-/323270013489
What difference did you notice? Also, how's the quality of the ebay CR rep wing? I am a step before ordering one.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much would you say the OEM CR wing weighs??

Old 05-09-2022, 05:00 PM

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

This guide is still helpful in 2022.
The following users liked this post:
#172CR (05-17-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 01:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by rush2redline
This guide is still helpful in 2022.
Thank you! The wing has held up for me since 2012!

Now with new rear bumper to boot!

The following users liked this post:
tpolonyi (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 04:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a very helpful guide and the new rear bumper looks great

I am also building a Type S as well, can you tell me the distance you used from the bottom edge of the trunk lid to the bottom of the "Type S" emblems, and the distance from the front top of the "S" to the right edge of the trunk lid? I want to get that looking right. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2022, 12:02 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by PW2K

I am also building a Type S as well, can you tell me the distance you used from the bottom edge of the trunk lid to the bottom of the "Type S" emblems, and the distance from the front top of the "S" to the right edge of the trunk lid? I want to get that looking right. Thanks in advance.
Should be in centimeters as you see in the pic. Hope it helps.

Old 05-22-2022, 12:06 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by PW2K

Here's also an official render, this probably differs from mine.

Quick Reply: CR Wing Install on a Non-CR trunk lid