S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CRs at the Dragon

Old 02-21-2013, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI.. there is a little dragon in northern Virginia called Joplin rd, near quantico. my cuz and i did it in his mugen si.. awesome run, but sadly, people have died in the run.. from what I recall it seems about 6-8 miles of twist and elevation changes..
Old 02-21-2013, 04:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll be there doing the Double Dragon with my CR. Last year was my first year at the Dragon.
This fall I drove the Back of the Dragon in my Odyssey on the way to Myrtle Beach for a golf trip. Haha, that was interesting.
Can't wait to get back down there with the CR.
Hope to meet some more of you guys this year.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by FurY
Sorry I just mapped it... it's actually more like 5.5 hours, still not bad though.

Mocky - You're not too far north of me are you? How long is it for you? 8-9 hours?

closer to 10.5 since I'm pretty far north east.

It takes 5 and change depending on traffic to Cinci for me.

If I go, I'll be in Cinci on Wednesday night like always and meet up with everyone on Thursday morning.. still debating on caravaning with everyone though... it's a seriously long waste of time. fun to caravan... takes forever though..
Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I avoid caravans at all cost. I drive way too slow to keep up. I don't go beyond 5mph of the posted speed limit. Not kidding.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:18 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by iLuveketchup
I avoid caravans at all cost. I drive way too slow to keep up. I don't go beyond 5mph of the posted speed limit. Not kidding.
Yeah, I couldn't handle that lol
Old 02-23-2013, 01:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Wish I could! Its on my bucket list. A couple AZ members and I have actually discussed shipping our cars out there and attending one of the events...just cant make that happen this year.
How much is it to ship the car out?
Old 02-23-2013, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bucket List would be to drive down there from California. I hope I can get sometime and go down there and conquer the Dragon!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:09 PM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I think you guys would love it... even better is the surrounding roadways as well. The dragon is awesome in its own right, but there are lots of other amazing roads you guys would enjoy too. Honestly it's an incredible time and it's always been one of the top 3 vacations I take since not only is it full of great driving, but great people too
Old 02-23-2013, 05:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There better be other good driving roads around.
If the Dragon is only 11 miles, that's pitiful...

Make the trip to the santa cruz mountains and there are hundreds of miles of roads like that.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Granted I haven't been to every road in Cali, but it's highly unlikely its anything like the dragon. It is really hard to understand why/how this road was approved by DOT or whoever gives the stamp of approval. The roads are banked with frequent elevation changes, blind crests, etc - you name it. It's stupid! It's as if a six year old was given crayons to draw a road, you have the Dragon.

But to be honest, the dragon is my least favorite road in TN/NC and it's not my cup of tea. I go for the big gathering and the scenery. I get no thrill in driving fast on public roads. I'm the guy holding up traffic.

Quick Reply: CRs at the Dragon