S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Custom Numbered Door Sill Inserts - Place your order now

Old 07-24-2014, 06:35 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

As mentioned above(and it may be too early to know), I'd be interested to know a ballpark figure of what they will cost. Also I assume we'd be buying a pair of 2 with whatever the price is? I like where the design and ideas behind it are going so I'm in, just curious to know what we think they will cost.

One other question... do you know if we'll need to remove our OEM sills to put these in? Or will they fit flush over top of the existing OEM sill?
Old 07-24-2014, 06:35 AM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
I'll just say I'll wait for the final version before deciding. The thought of having to purchase four sets of new door sill's may have something to do with my apprehension.

Ok, and buying four new sets of sills is not something you have to do, its something you may decide to do...

I still think these have the potential to be pretty cool little keepsakes for the car, and even if they do not get installed, it would be neat to have!

If you have suggestions, or better ideas, please feel free to PM me!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:47 AM
Community Organizer

Received 656 Likes on 413 Posts

Count me in, I already have some spare sills from another car. I think they are all the same.

1. adrs2k - Adam
2. s2k4life_az - Sandeep
3. pastoli - Tyler
4. 34WITT- Nathan
5. FurY - Jason
6. DaleJH66
7. Dreamer03
8. Kpc06bb
9. goldenfri - Jim
Old 07-24-2014, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by DaleJH66
I'm interested. Suggestion, have the yellow lettering be the same color yellow as our seats.
Factory, or as close to factory yellow is the plan!

Originally Posted by dreamer03
Depending on the cost I might be interested.
I put a cost estimate in the OP.

Originally Posted by kpc06bb
Count me in!

Originally Posted by FurY
As mentioned above(and it may be too early to know), I'd be interested to know a ballpark figure of what they will cost. Also I assume we'd be buying a pair of 2 with whatever the price is? I like where the design and ideas behind it are going so I'm in, just curious to know what we think they will cost.

One other question... do you know if we'll need to remove our OEM sills to put these in? Or will they fit flush over top of the existing OEM sill?
I put what I expect based on what I know so far as a ballpark estimate in the OP.

Yes the price is per pair.

I will work up a few more design ideas.

Yes the factory insert has to be removed. It is held on with a clip and a little bit of glue. From reading the original threads about these CF inserts it is very easy to remove the factory inserts and replace with the new CF ones. I will honestly strongly consider buying some BNIB sills to keep as spares and modify the ones currently on the car since they show some wear.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
I put what I expect based on what I know so far as a ballpark estimate in the OP.

Yes the price is per pair.

I will work up a few more design ideas.

Yes the factory insert has to be removed. It is held on with a clip and a little bit of glue. From reading the original threads about these CF inserts it is very easy to remove the factory inserts and replace with the new CF ones. I will honestly strongly consider buying some BNIB sills to keep as spares and modify the ones currently on the car since they show some wear.
Sounds good, thanks!
Old 07-24-2014, 07:49 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Looks good man.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Go2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Need this
Old 07-24-2014, 11:45 AM

There is always the option to get these as a collectible and or maybe use it in the engine bay. I think you could nicely adhere it to the radiator support so it is front and center in the engine bay. It could also be mounted inside the trunk lid so when you pop your trunk it's there. Just throwing some ideas around...
Old 07-24-2014, 12:34 PM

There is always the option to get these as a collectible and or maybe use it in the engine bay. I think you could nicely adhere it to the radiator support so it is front and center in the engine bay. It could also be mounted inside the trunk lid so when you pop your trunk it's there. Just throwing so ideas around...
The radiator support would be a great place for people who don't want to use the door sill location
Old 07-24-2014, 07:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is always the option to get these as a collectible and or maybe use it in the engine bay. I think you could nicely adhere it to the radiator support so it is front and center in the engine bay. It could also be mounted inside the trunk lid so when you pop your trunk it's there. Just throwing some ideas around...
Actually, I was thinking about the engine bay when I saw them, but my thought was to purchase three. Surely, that shouldn't be a problem - essentially, the plates are projected to cost $100 to $175 a piece. That sounds fair enough. I'm not worried about the extra sills - see no reason why I should ever sell this car.

How many orders are required to make this possible (or, how does the order count scale the cost)?

BTW, I love the additional photos of the original project. That looks fabulous. It's what the car deserves. Those photos also appear to contradict the statement that it replaces the sill insert - looks like it's attached to the insert's center.

Quick Reply: Custom Numbered Door Sill Inserts - Place your order now