Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 CR Club Racer Edition
Reload this Page >

Do people ever ask you why you put on that "wing"

S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Do people ever ask you why you put on that "wing"

Old 05-28-2011, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do people ever ask you why you put on that "wing"

Do people ever ask why you put on that "wing?" A few people at car meets were trying to call me a ricer and and asked why I put the spoiler on...And it was funny when we informed them that it is a factory spoiler. I went to Chinatown last night with my friends 08 S/C Si for some bubble tea. He pulls in and these cute asian girls start telling him they love how his car sounds...Then I pull in and they lose it. The asian girls said they loved my car ect...Then some guys that were with them said "You think you're fast huh" I was like?? Then he started talking about the spoiler, and I informed him it was factory...He said " Does it make the car fly?" (trying to be a smart ass) Before I could answer he ran away...LOL
Old 05-28-2011, 12:00 PM

yup, in the few days I have owned mine, that has been brough up.

but the best thing i've heard was "Typical honda ricer. Putting a wing on a front wheel drive car."

Old 05-28-2011, 09:49 PM

Yea people think it's ricey and don't think it's functional actually
Old 05-28-2011, 11:03 PM

I know its functional and I still feel its ricey
Old 05-29-2011, 04:33 PM

Better than nismo 350z
Old 05-30-2011, 11:38 AM

I'll be honest I like the Nismo 350 spoiler. haha....I love how a stock s2k looks. It's very clean and non offensive. Body is just simple and smooth. I do think the CR looks reat with the lip and spoiler though. I am suprised not a lot of people know about the CR...even at car meets and stuff. Do they think I added the lip and spoiler and random CR badges that mean nothing? lol
Old 05-30-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper15 View Post

but the best thing i've heard was "Typical honda ricer. Putting a wing on a front wheel drive car."

Makes me facepalm. I see people on facebook posting statuses about "you don't need a wing on a FWD car" or " wheelie bars on a FWD?" even though the car runs like 9's lol. Sadly these people call them selves "car people" Plenty of people these days are ignorant.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IAmTheRealAsif View Post
I'll be honest I like the Nismo 350 spoiler. haha....I love how a stock s2k looks. It's very clean and non offensive. Body is just simple and smooth. I do think the CR looks reat with the lip and spoiler though. I am suprised not a lot of people know about the CR...even at car meets and stuff. Do they think I added the lip and spoiler and random CR badges that mean nothing? lol
I've seen an Accord GT-R Type-R on the street with a big wing, lowered, and big wheels. So yea, people add badges for no reason...
Old 05-30-2011, 12:26 PM

Haha iv seen stuff like that too
Old 05-30-2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by IAmTheRealAsif View Post
Originally Posted by sleeper15' timestamp='1306612824' post='20626848

Makes me facepalm. I see people on facebook posting statuses about "you don't need a wing on a FWD car" or " wheelie bars on a FWD?" even though the car runs like 9's lol. Sadly these people call them selves "car people" Plenty of people these days are ignorant.
yeah, shows some of the idiots i have to deal with up in my area. If it ain't boosted or AWD, people automacticlly label it rice or slow.

Quick Reply: Do people ever ask you why you put on that "wing"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands