S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Do people ever ask you why you put on that "wing"

Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 AM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

I had a local follow me last night to a car meet. When we got to the meet and told me, ya know I used to really hate that wing and think it was ugly, but after following you, I LOVE IT! I was never much of a wing person, but I do like this wing in looks, and how much better the car drives at higher speeds with it
Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
I had a local follow me last night to a car meet. When we got to the meet and told me, ya know I used to really hate that wing and think it was ugly, but after following you, I LOVE IT! I was never much of a wing person, but I do like this wing in looks, and how much better the car drives at higher speeds with it
I've had your pictures of your car as my desktop for a while and my twin brother just commenting about the wing. His biggest petpeeves when it comes to rice are fart cans. Wings comes a close 2nd.

I know him well enough to know that the wing will eventually grow on him. He's really into stock oem looking cars and how everything should remain from the factory.

His opinions or anyone else won't ever change my mind about the car, but boy does it get annoying when someone is constantly ragging on you about rice.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 AM

That is cool!

The whole rice thing is annoying. If it wasn't a Japanese car, or mainly a Honda, it would be a non issue. Look at the Dodge Viper ACR, BMW M3 GTS, and the Porsche 911 GT3 Variants. They all have aggressive front lips and big wings out back, and I guarantee people don't call them ricey! I could care less what other people think, because I bought the car for me. It is my poor mans Viper, BMW, Porsche. It was designed and built with the same criteria and thought process as the previously mentioned cars. It just does it in a much different way. Personally I love the shape of the CR wing. Looks extremely functional!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:24 PM

^^^couldn't say any better

It actually looks good!
People are just stereo typing " oh it's a Honda with a big wing"
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by cantsleep

It actually looks good!
I'm contemplating an even bigger one for HPDE. Thinking too far ahead of time though.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It actually looks good!
so, let me summarize: some cr owners still don't like the wing (saying it's "ricey"), but most do.

but if the CR wing is okay, then what's wrong with driving around with a big aftermarket Voltex wing? both are functional, and in fact, the Voltex is even more functional.

my argument is that "ricey" should be equated to "poseur"... but stuff that's functional shouldn't be subjected to criticism. as for the next argument that "you don't need a wing to drive on the street", well, you don't need a sports car to drive on the street either. nothing wrong in having more performance than you'd use.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 PM

It actually looks good!
yeah, i still get stereo typed in with other idiotic honda owners in my area.

i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm a honda guy at heart. but, latly the new young folk getting in honda's is pissing me off. peeling out everywhere, trying to race everything under the sun or moon, and talking trash on other cars for no damn reason (though that seems to be every car folk up here in north east PA).

sorry for that rant
Old 06-07-2011, 02:07 PM

If you own a CR and don't like the wing, then why buy the car? I think the aero is one of the biggest things that make the CR different from other models. Honda even states that they spent most of their time on the aero, then tuned the suspension to match.

I think the CR wing is a happy medium between street/track. Voltex, J's etc are more track oriented and dont look as clean/oem on the street. I have nothing against them, but would never rock it on the street.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you own a CR and don't like the wing, then why buy the car? I think the aero is one of the biggest things that make the CR different from other models. Honda even states that they spent most of their time on the aero, then tuned the suspension to match.

I think the CR wing is a happy medium between street/track. Voltex, J's etc are more track oriented and dont look as clean/oem on the street. I have nothing against them, but would never rock it on the street.
It's not enough...
Old 06-17-2011, 04:38 PM

So how functional is the CR wing? I'm considering a wing for my Ap1. I like the look of the Cr wing, along with the Mugen wing. I'm not crazy about the super tall Voltex wing. What can I expect if I put this wing on my Ap1?

Quick Reply: Do people ever ask you why you put on that "wing"