S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Federal 595 RS-R width

Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Casey (eklipz98) has been running these on his AP2 with full CR Suspension Setup. He ran the standard 215/255 and now is on 225/255 RS-Rs. You won't have any rubbing issues. The roads we drive are extremely bumpy, and he is known to get airborne off of some jumps now and then.

The feedback he has mentioned to me is that the overall grip is good, a little less precise feel compared to Star Specs, and pretty loud at the limit (lots of squeal), overall a pretty damn good tire with an excellent price.
Andrew speaks the truth. Straight from my mouth. Only part I will add is that I'm paying $500/4 tires. Which was $200+ cheaper than what I was getting the star specs for. If money is an issue this is a no brainier. If money was not an issue is be running through star specs. Both tires last me 8,000 miles max and I put 2,500 on the car per month. The logic of my financial situation makes these tires a no brainier.

You couldn't make these rub even if you tired with OEM tire size and OEM cr suspension. I get airborne and gutter drop and frame slap my x brace with showers of sparks weekly and have never rubbed.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

8000 miles max? Something doesn't sound right...
Old 01-08-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoazn
8000 miles max? Something doesn't sound right...
I went through a pair of rear RSR's in about a month and a half when I used to go to GMR 4-5 times a week...that was definitely no where near 8000 miles
Old 01-08-2013, 02:32 PM

I do my share of canyoning and I'm pretty sure my tires go longer than that... are you guys sure your alignments are okay? Bad alignments eat tires...

Granted, I thought my Federals wore really fast too when I tried em.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I do my share of canyoning and I'm pretty sure my tires go longer than that... are you guys sure your alignments are okay? Bad alignments eat tires...

That's the thing, my tires wore pretty evenly as far as the inside not wearing quicker than the middle or outside.

My current set of RSR's, I've had for close to 8k now, but my canyoning has been cut down to once, maybe twice a month ever since my friends got into some trouble with West Covina court and surrounding law enforcement.

I want to try either AD08's next or Star Specs just to see if they do last more milage.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Yea, but you dont drive like eklipz.... watch those double yellows ........

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUFyoLfiFoykOBaa0kV4Wo0Q&feature=player _detailpage&v=Ad6UcXcTJLI[/media]
Old 01-08-2013, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by freq
Originally Posted by psychoazn' timestamp='1357687933' post='22254215

Yea, but you dont drive like eklipz.... watch those double yellows ........

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUFyoLfiFoykOBaa0kV4Wo0Q&feature=player _detailpage&v=Ad6UcXcTJLI[/media]
It's hard to say how he's driving judging from a canyon clip... and I can't gauge by lap times since we don't run the same tracks...
Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ended up ordering them monday from onlinetires for $503 shipped, so i certainly cannot complain about the price. should be here saturday. id do a review if i knew wtf i was talking about. truthfully these will never see any track/ auto-x time, and i dont really even have anything to compare them to considering ive probably only driven on the re070s a handful of times before replacing them.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by mellamoalex
Is anyone running these on their CR at stock sizes (215/45 & 255/40) and stock ride height/camber/wheels?

Just wondering if I need to be concerned with the width of these, as I was looking at reviews and came across a picture comparing the width to a Nitto NT05 (both 255/40)

Should I be worried about rubbing?
Looks like a 215/255 pic. Crazy if there is that much difference between two different manufactures 255's. Pretty stupid actually.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:44 PM

Click the link in my sig to the tire review thread to see some pictures...

Quick Reply: Federal 595 RS-R width