S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 CR Club Racer Edition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/)
-   -   Have you been pulled over in your CR? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/have-you-been-pulled-over-your-cr-872255/)

Vinsfeld 05-30-2011 02:02 PM

Have you been pulled over in your CR?

In the three years i've owned my s2000, i've never been pulled over once. I've consider upgrading some CR parts, such as wing and lip, but am hesitant because i think it will attract extra attention but wanted some research to back up my hypothesis. Thanks.

Vanishing Point 05-30-2011 02:13 PM

Never been pulled over in the CR or my '07 S either. In fact I had a younger DPS officer give me the thumbs up as he drove alongside me on the freeway just a few days ago. Don't drive like an idiot or like a bit player in "Fast Five"on the streets and you will be fine. :tipwink:

sleeper15 05-30-2011 06:51 PM

for me, not yet in the s2k.

but in the mugen Si, i got pulled over twice.

1. the police lady said my exhaust was too loud. even though its stock on a mugen Si. She told me "No car comes from the facotry with a exhaust like that. Showed her the factory sticker. she back off.

2. couple weeks ago, got pulled over. Cop said someone called in about a 4 door blue civic driving eratcily, speeding and swerving. told the cop i wasn't in the area. he let me go. come to find out, it was my buddy in his blue 4 door Si that was drivng like that.

#172CR 05-31-2011 08:14 AM

I've been pulled over 4 times in the CR;

Once I was coming over a hill where the speed dropped by 10mph, didn't see the sign, and got stopped...No Ticket

The 3 other times it was the "Do you know its illegal to not have a front plate on your car?"...No Tickets :fingerscrossed: :thumbup:

psychoazn 05-31-2011 08:54 AM

Mostly LAPD stopping me to just chat and see if I've been drinking.

Almost always ends with a "you know you're supposed to have a front plate on?", "Yes, sir.", "have a safe evening".

rahul 05-31-2011 02:23 PM

I've been pulled over twice. First time was 50-something in a 40. I think it was 12 over... He let me off with a warning and was generally pretty nice about it. He did say that the car's easy to spot so he better not catch me again. I think being 32 and married helped a bit. He likely just figured all big kids slip up once in a while.

The second time I was pulled over was kind of bullshit. I was the first car in a left-turn lane, I got the green, made the turn. I stayed in first through the turn and it probably looked very fast, but it was nothing worthy of a track weekend and it was completely within the limits of the crappy/worn all-seasons on my car. Either way, he pulled me over without clocking me and said, "That turn you took looked kind of quick..." I told him I didn't exceed the limit through the turn, but once on the straight, I hit 44 in a 40 and backed off when I saw the 44. Given that I told the guy how fast I was going, he wrote up a warning for no front plate.

Both times the officers were pretty nice about it, as I could have gotten railed with $200+ worth of tickets. It's a car that attracts some attention anyway...add to that a wing and noise, and we've got police on us.

kgf3076 05-31-2011 02:49 PM

I was coming down the hill to the Gravel Pit on the Dragon at Wake The Dragon 9 and saw a county sheriff parked in the gravel pit with his car pointing up the hill (great for the dash mounted radar gun). I debated just pulling in to the gravel pit and stopping beside him but decided not to. I drove past him at roughly the speed limit (30mph) until I got to the 40mph section. When we got there, he turned his lights on (like I expected) so I pulled over. The usual license, registration, insurance stuff, and then he asked if I had any tickets (which I don't). He did the normal registration, NCIC check and came back and asked if I knew I was doing 49 in a 30 zone? I said I was just coasting down the hill (not totally untrue, I went through the last turn and just let the car slow down on it's own...just not fast enough apparently). He said, I'm giving you a warning, there's no ticket, no fine, just watch the speed. I was grateful. We talked about traffic on the Dragon and he said motorcycles were the worst. He had a friend who owns a S2000 so that helped as well. All in all, he was a really nice guy and we had a great 15 minute chat.

IAmTheRealAsif 05-31-2011 11:46 PM

I wanted to get a custom plate that says NO PORK because I'm muslim and don't eat pork. I thought it would be kind of funny. But I decided not to because cops might think its about them lol

#172CR 06-01-2011 07:54 PM

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2068217_n.jpg

s4play 06-02-2011 09:05 AM

LOL you getting pulled over and driving a CR or not has no correlation whatsoever! :suspect:

Try to worry more about what you look like or how you drive - those things will garner more LE attention than whether your car has a wing in our part of the country.... :feint: