S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Hello CR owners would like to find out what your guys responses are?

Old 06-25-2019, 06:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hello CR owners would like to find out what your guys responses are?

I would like to know what you guys think of the $150,000 CR? As for me if I had the extra cash laying around I would purchase it!
Old 06-25-2019, 06:45 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

I think it is one of the dumbest things I have seen. Some collector will pay a lot for it (probably not near $150k), but I still think it is dumb. But I dont do garage queen collector cars. This is a drivers car, so in my mind the only thing good about the low miles is that I could put a LOT of miles on it :P I hope some rich person buys it and drives the living $#it out of it and puts 200,000 miles on it lol
Old 06-25-2019, 07:00 AM

Well that’s one way to look at it, as for me I would like to see all S2000 prices hit the roof and beyond lol
Old 06-25-2019, 10:01 AM

Received 280 Likes on 140 Posts

Until proven otherwise it's an $81,000 CR. Not sure how the dealer weasled out of it but the car sold fair and square for that amount last week on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Honda-...orig_cvip=true
Old 06-25-2019, 12:35 PM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by twohoos
Until proven otherwise it's an $81,000 CR. Not sure how the dealer weasled out of it but the car sold fair and square for that amount last week on eBay:

That is still nuts.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:38 PM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by Oneloveknk
Well that’s one way to look at it, as for me I would like to see all S2000 prices hit the roof and beyond lol
I buy cars to drive them and keep them long term. Even my daily drivers I keep forever since I hate car payments. So the S2k becoming super valuable just makes parts more expensive for people like me on a car that will always have the living shit driven out of it on track/course. And it makes my car even more appealing to thieves. So I really dont care to see them climb to stupid prices personally. I guess if I decided to sell it then it could magically climb over night :P
Old 06-25-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by twohoos
Wow thanks for the info! Didnt even know it was listed on EBay. That was smart marketing list it for $150,000.00 everywhere then post on eBay and watch it get $81,100.00 well done well done.....
Old 06-25-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by engifineer
I buy cars to drive them and keep them long term. Even my daily drivers I keep forever since I hate car payments. So the S2k becoming super valuable just makes parts more expensive for people like me on a car that will always have the living shit driven out of it on track/course. And it makes my car even more appealing to thieves. So I really dont care to see them climb to stupid prices personally. I guess if I decided to sell it then it could magically climb over night :P
Well made point. But it still feels good knowning what I spent my money on didn’t all go to waste
Old 06-30-2019, 10:32 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

A few of things:

1) The S2000 has entered collectability status and prices have definitely increased (50% in the past 3 years from my personal experience).
2) Assuming it's a collector car that checks all the boxes (and the S2000 does), they say you never pay too much but too early.
3) I don't understand the owners that complain when the prices of their own car goes up? It's like if your neighbors house all of a sudden sells for 50% more than what you paid for yours, what's there to complain about? There is nothing negative about that for you as an owner.
4) I've turned down multiple offers of $90k for mine (2009 with 100 miles), and I think if presented better this car could sell for around $100k today.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:42 AM
Jub

Received 384 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by skafia
A few of things:

1) The S2000 has entered collectability status and prices have definitely increased (50% in the past 3 years from my personal experience).
2) Assuming it's a collector car that checks all the boxes (and the S2000 does), they say you never pay too much but too early.
3) I don't understand the owners that complain when the prices of their own car goes up? It's like if your neighbors house all of a sudden sells for 50% more than what you paid for yours, what's there to complain about? There is nothing negative about that for you as an owner.
To point #3, for the crowd that tracks their car and drive them hard, price going up can be a bad thing. Stuff breaks and the price of the car going up limits supply of part-outs and increases demand to keep a desirable car going. Therefore, prices increase for parts. Also, people invest parts and time into developing the car to drive the way they want. If they wreck it, they'd prefer to stick with the same chassis that they already sunk time and money into. The replacement cost is now prohibitively expensive to driving a fun, reliable, decently quick platform.

A few years ago, I think the S represented a great value for a track car. As prices start to go up and newer, faster cars depreciate, they become less and less viable. I like driving my car and would like to track it. As the value goes up, I'm risking something more expensive on the track and replacing it becomes more and more difficult. A BRZ/86 platform may now be a superior trackday option, given replacement values and their likelihood to continue to depreciate.
The following users liked this post:
impulse21 (07-06-2019)

Quick Reply: Hello CR owners would like to find out what your guys responses are?