S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Hello CR owners would like to find out what your guys responses are?

Old 07-09-2019, 08:13 AM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

JHMAP21219S000200

#686 2009 Club Racer with A/C & Audio 6 Speed Manual Rio Yellow Pearl Yellow/Black 000200
Old 07-09-2019, 10:08 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

This and others like it are super lame.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:30 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Jub
To point #3, for the crowd that tracks their car and drive them hard, price going up can be a bad thing. Stuff breaks and the price of the car going up limits supply of part-outs and increases demand to keep a desirable car going. Therefore, prices increase for parts. Also, people invest parts and time into developing the car to drive the way they want. If they wreck it, they'd prefer to stick with the same chassis that they already sunk time and money into. The replacement cost is now prohibitively expensive to driving a fun, reliable, decently quick platform.

A few years ago, I think the S represented a great value for a track car. As prices start to go up and newer, faster cars depreciate, they become less and less viable. I like driving my car and would like to track it. As the value goes up, I'm risking something more expensive on the track and replacing it becomes more and more difficult. A BRZ/86 platform may now be a superior trackday option, given replacement values and their likelihood to continue to depreciate.
If only 699 S2000s had been built, I would agree it's a shame to have them out of reach for general enjoyment & use, but the reality is there are 60,000+ normal S2000s out there in the USA alone which can be modified and tracked to one's heart's content. Most of the parts on the CR are not unique to the CR alone, and those that are often get changed out by serious drivers or can be replicated easily on a standard S2000. And, there are plenty of CRs in circulation that already have been used to a degree that they will never be serious collector examples.

Plus, the S2000 in general is now 20 years old, and this is the way things go for all desirable sports cars as they age. Most of them are used normally over time, and the ones that aren't become collector cars. It's not unique to this car.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having owned multiple s2000s and nsxs it makes no sense for me to spend the extra money to get the cr. As a collectible I get it but, I can have as much fun in a normal s2000 than any cr any day. Plus I get it's a smaller numbers car but I don't like the hardtop and there's no extra power why pay a crazy premium for that? Lol. I don't mind the cr going up in value but what I don't like is when these greedy dealers just want to cash in and ask stupid prices for them. Makes you wonder how the hell do they get them in the first place? I get it they are in the business of flipping cars and making money but it's annoying, these people aren't enthusiasts they just want a quick buck. And the Ebay stunt they pulled should get them banned for life, clearly they wanted more money for it. I love the s2000 and prices will continue to rise as time goes on. Enjoy them while you have them
Old 07-20-2019, 09:22 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Fool and his money
Old 07-20-2019, 09:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense to any of the CR owners, but IMO, outside of the S2K/Honda community, no one really knows or care what a CR is. To most of my car friends, the CR is just another S2000 with different front spoiler/wing. You really only gets all the "WOOS' and "AHHS" on the forum or in the parking lot meets where other S2K owners are present...again, this is just my opinion.

Last edited by EricLee7481; 07-28-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by EricLee7481
No offense to any of the CR owners, but IMO, outside of the S2K/Honda community, no one really knows or care what a CR is, to most of my car friends, the CR is just another S2000 with different front spoiler/wing. You really only gets all the "WOOS' and "AHHS" on the forum or in the parking lot meets where other S2K owners are present...again, this is just my opinion.
I agree with you on this
Old 07-28-2019, 02:46 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by EricLee7481
No offense to any of the CR owners, but IMO, outside of the S2K/Honda community, no one really knows or care what a CR is, to most of my car friends, the CR is just another S2000 with different front spoiler/wing. You really only gets all the "WOOS' and "AHHS" on the forum or in the parking lot meets where other S2K owners are present...again, this is just my opinion.
It is your duty as a car enthusiast to teach your friends about all of the quirks and features of the CR. If they still don't understand, then get new friends.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:08 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by skafia
It is your duty as a car enthusiast to teach your friends about all of the quirks and features of the CR. If they still don't understand, then get new friends.
This is the saddest thing I think I've read on this forum. Get a life.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by skafia
To diehard Honda/S2K enthusiasts, most prob already know that CR is a unicorn since it's "limited edition". Outside the Honda community, unless they're interested to get one, one can explain the world and they still won't care.

I simply don't choose my friends b/c what cars they drive or if they agree/disagree with me on my opinions...

Quick Reply: Hello CR owners would like to find out what your guys responses are?