S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Hello Everybody

Old 05-27-2014, 04:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hello Everybody

I fell in love with the Apex blue in the Spring of 2008 at my local Honda dealership show room.

My name is Manu and I am the proud new owner of #657 I purchased from cbad last weekend. It was a great buying experience and it came with a lot of extra goodies. Car only had 19k miles when I picked her up (so new). He had plans for the car, but buying real estate (house) was his priority and track setup plans for the car were put aside. She has been sitting in the garage for a long period of time (average 4k miles a year) and as soon as he got back from Japan I jumped on it despite other people messaging him here on the boards about it before I did, but he was not physically able to be here to sell the car. I was immediately serious especially after my failed attempt to buy #87 (physical condition did not meet my standards) in Tampa the weekend before. After messages back and forth and a Skype video chat, my intuition served me right to buy a one way ticket to Norfolk coming from Jacksonville. Everything went smooth, on time, and in a professional manner. He picked me up in the airport with the car, we went to Honda, looked under the car even after the PPI the day before, went to his bank, completed paperwork, and even went to UPS to ship a spare factory painted CR front lip (came with the car). I could tell from his sighs, and staring at the car that it was an entirely bittersweet experience for him, but from time to time he kept telling me that when he officially sells the car, he wants somebody who will continue what he initially wanted to use the car for. According to him, I was the ideal buyer since he posted the car on S2ki for sale and nowhere else. We parted ways after UPS, and the drive back was so smooth and sharp which is why the CR suspension is probably my favorite feature on the car.

I cannot get enough of it! I am coming from an AP1 which the biggest difference is that I do not feel like I am on the rails all the time. CR feels more planted and stable. I cannot wait to actually track her. I look forward to being a part of this exclusive club celebrating the legacy of the s2000 and Honda's fruit of their labor in perfecting the s2000.

Any suggestions or tips. Please let me know. I am all ears.

Cheers.

Manu
Old 05-27-2014, 06:45 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome Manu to the CR forums and CR ownership ! I've updated the CR Roll Call to reflect your ownership of #657.

~Steven
Old 05-27-2014, 06:50 AM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

Welcome and enjoy the new car
Old 05-27-2014, 08:45 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats and welcome.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good buy! I was going to buy this one but for some reason the passenger side airbag cover was little off in color from the rest of the dash. Im sure its no big deal! But that was a deal breaker for me.
Enjoy your new car im sure its a blast to drive
Old 05-27-2014, 10:27 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Congrats Manu!
Old 05-28-2014, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by cantsleep
Good buy! I was going to buy this one but for some reason the passenger side airbag cover was little off in color from the rest of the dash. Im sure its no big deal! But that was a deal breaker for me. Enjoy your new car im sure its a blast to drive
The dash needed to get detailed, from the sun taking it's toll, but after that it's fine !
Old 05-28-2014, 03:35 AM
Go2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and welcome! Keep us updated on your ownership
Old 05-28-2014, 04:08 AM

Drive her to work today!!! 30% chance of rain in the afternoon! Weeeeeeee lol
Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I was wondering when you were going to create a thread about your new CR Congrats again man, glad to have you as part of the club (racer)!

Quick Reply: Hello Everybody