S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Info on CR JHMAP21298S001559

Old 09-30-2016, 05:26 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Info on CR JHMAP21298S001559

I'm creating a VIN to follow the history of this vehicle

JHMAP21298S001559

Apex Blue Pearl with AC and Radio

In 2009 there were some posts regarding the vehicles history/accidents. Since then, the vehicle has obviously changed hands with that, there are no current reports of a salvage brand on the title.

Below is where the ambiguity starts;

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:10 PM
Damaged goods. Do not accept.

Problem Reported! AutoCheck's database for this 2008 Honda S2000 CR (JHMAP21298S001559) shows a negative title(s) or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems.

1 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
Frame damage record(s)

03/10/2009 VA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
REPOSSESSED
04/01/2009 PA
Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FRAME DAMAGE
Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:15 PM
Yea definitely has some problems. No Vin stickers on the fenders either that I can see. But that should be pretty obvious they were replaced when the badges are wrong...
Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:20 PM
oh wow, didnt get to check back on this thread till now.

i noticed the weird gaps in the panels. i ran a carfax earlier and low and behold, the repo and a front end collision showed up on the report.

i think its ovbious enough that its not worth it.
With the information being 7+ years in the past, the current vehicle is showing an accident on the vehicle history, but not listed as salvaged. The original auction in 2009 listing the frame damage is no longer present and first hand accounts of the car appear to substantiate some work done, but the frame damage is completely unverified.

With that said, please feel free to draw your own conclusions on the car from the unverified data from 2009 and present. The car is currently up for sale as of this initial posting
Old 10-01-2016, 05:31 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

My conclusion:

it's still a very poorly "rebuilt" CR. That needs a thorough checking, especially underneath for crease lines, displaced seam filler. in fact, if I were a potential buyer I would want it put on frame jig and see if it's still within factory tolerances. I highly doubt a dealer or quality body shop did the repairs. It's fairly obvious when the lower front spoiler is painted, the underbody diffusers are similarly painted. The interior is very dirty appearance wise, the side emblems are mounted wrong and the wheels are the Ap2V3's in silver, not Kaiser silver. And this is just from looking at the posted pictures, I'm sure there is much more one can find in person.

Price wise, it's not worth the current asking price, FAR from it.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:20 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Thanks for "clarifying" the information regarding this vehicle. Contrary to what I've been told, not "every s2000 has been in an accident" or owned by a bunch of " low life" enthusiasts.

I'll leave it at that.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the above statements also. The price would have to be way cheaper for the repairs it needs. They say it needs nothing and is perfect from the pictures. Sad to see a car that needs so much.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

auction info for this car below.

08/23/16 Manheim Baltimore-Washington Lease $22,600 81,481 Avg BLUE 4G 6 No
Old 10-02-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw this car in person earlier this year when it was for sale at a Jaguar dealer in Maryland. The front end panels were very poorly fitting and the wheels at the time were painted black. As others have said, buy with caution. I want to say the dealer had it listed for about $20k at that time.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Beard
I saw this car in person earlier this year when it was for sale at a Jaguar dealer in Maryland. The front end panels were very poorly fitting and the wheels at the time were painted black. As others have said, buy with caution. I want to say the dealer had it listed for about $20k at that time.
wow, that means that dealer made money even sold at auction, honestly this car been from dealers to dealers, there's a reason still in market for sale.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

That's because all S2000 enthusiasts "low life's".
Old 10-04-2016, 07:08 PM

In regards to CR #172:

If it's any consolation, I called on this car when it was first listed before it even went into the auction circuit.

The car was posted on Craigslist in Baltimore for less than 2 hours when I called. The car was listed for $21,500 and thought it was a steal because an Apex Blue Pearl CR was exactly what I was looking for, and that price is ridiculously cheap for a CR. He immediately took the posting down once I called because in that time that he posted it and when I called, he found out that the car had a lien on it. The guy (Gary) was taking care of an estate of a son whose mother was selling off all his possessions because of his death. Gary told me he would call once the car was paid off and I was able to purchase it. 2 weeks went by and I finally got my call, he told me that the car had a salvage title and they were told by the bank that their best option was to go faulty on the payments and let the car get repossessed. I thought this was crazy, but because the owner who passed owed about the same amount on the car as it was valued by the bank, the mother wouldn't owe anything on the car if it was repossessed and no ones credit was taking a hit. It was a sad day to let the car go because it was a long 2 weeks of getting my hopes up all for what turned out being a salvage title car, but I wished the best to the family and moved on. That was first-hand from the family that the car was salvaged.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:51 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevorh
In regards to CR #172:

If it's any consolation, I called on this car when it was first listed before it even went into the auction circuit.

The car was posted on Craigslist in Baltimore for less than 2 hours when I called. The car was listed for $21,500 and thought it was a steal because an Apex Blue Pearl CR was exactly what I was looking for, and that price is ridiculously cheap for a CR. He immediately took the posting down once I called because in that time that he posted it and when I called, he found out that the car had a lien on it. The guy (Gary) was taking care of an estate of a son whose mother was selling off all his possessions because of his death. Gary told me he would call once the car was paid off and I was able to purchase it. 2 weeks went by and I finally got my call, he told me that the car had a salvage title and they were told by the bank that their best option was to go faulty on the payments and let the car get repossessed. I thought this was crazy, but because the owner who passed owed about the same amount on the car as it was valued by the bank, the mother wouldn't owe anything on the car if it was repossessed and no ones credit was taking a hit. It was a sad day to let the car go because it was a long 2 weeks of getting my hopes up all for what turned out being a salvage title car, but I wished the best to the family and moved on. That was first-hand from the family that the car was salvaged.

Good info, thank you

Quick Reply: Info on CR JHMAP21298S001559