S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 CR Club Racer Edition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/)
-   -   Minor interior problems (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/minor-interior-problems-1184428/)

mgfloCR 05-05-2018 03:45 PM

Minor interior problems

Has anybody come across minor setbacks with their interiors? For example, dead LEDs behind the vent controller, and volume up knob sticking and losing function? And this is coming from a 1 owner, 36k mile CR. I know some problems are typical for all s2ks, but just wondering if any other CR owners have already experienced these small setbacks. (Thankful nothing mechanical has happened)

manystyles 05-05-2018 03:56 PM

It's only happened to me when I've had to install or loosen plastic panels; my hazard button light has a loose connection.

When I installed the Modifry phone mount, I momentarily had some lights in the HVAC not light up. I simply tapped the area that didn't light up with my fingers and the lights stayed on ever since.

So many previous owner removed some interior parts previously?

rpg51 05-07-2018 02:53 PM

I have two low mileage ap1s. One 02 and one 03. The 02 has 30K miles. The 03 has 17.5K miles. I have not experienced problems like this. But, I do avoid making modifications that involve pulling off panels and the like just for this reason. It has been my experience in general, not so much with the S2ks, that when you pull stuff off and make modifications you often end up with issues. Best to just leave well enough alone. The cars are great as is. It does not sound like your minor issues are related to mods, but such issues counsel against pulling the car apart unless its for something important.

mgfloCR 05-07-2018 06:35 PM

I definitely have not modded my interior in any way which is why I'm surprised things are going out. Man... I may have to open things up if a couple more things go bad :(

Inspired 05-10-2018 11:03 AM

Although your car is low-mileage, you have to consider that the owner before you probably used the radio buttons extensively on those short drives, and may have also been a little too aggressive when hitting the buttons. My last S2000 had a bunch of knick marks on both the volume and fan control buttons from the owner using his ring finger to use it, or he wasn't a fan of cutting his nails. I'm going with the former.

Also, to be completely honest, the S2000's interior feels less premium in respect to other Honda models. My '98 Prelude with 188K did not have a splitting dashboard issue like my S2000, which is a common issue.

​​​​​​Seeing as your car is low-mileage, I think buying a replacement radio control unit from Honda would be justified. It will set you back $100 or so, but you will have fresh buttons with new bulbs.

kpc06bb 05-13-2018 11:23 AM

I had to remove and clean/burnish the switch for the interior lights, which had stopped working - no big deal. What was a PITA was reaffixing the 12V outlet, a problem I discovered one day when I attempted to plug in my pump, Then again, getting behind the storage compartment enabled me to mount a USB and iPOD header inside of it. All in all, it's been a durable interior that's held up very well for a 10 year old car. My floor mat is telegraphing where my right heel rests, but that's unavoidable (need to buy a pair). I recently had to replace my replacement shift knob (unfortunately, my stock knob got sold with another S2000) - now grabbing a MOMO Nero (did have the MOMO Airmetal/Leather Sphere). Obviously, that last one doesn't reflect on Honda. If it weren't for the roof (which isn't always a source of noise), it would be an amazingly rattle/squeak free interior for a decade and 75,000 miles of driving.