S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

MY HPDE Track Build - Biohazard

Old 03-19-2013, 03:39 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Seabee Bob
I wraped it myself a few months ago but I never finished it. I got all the front end done but never got the time to finish it. I need to color match my CF hood. It's a beautiful Top Secret hood but oxidizing has gotten the best of it :/ I want to get some rims here but I'm having trouble picking sizes :/ http://neezinternational.com/
Seabee Bob,

Pm FlatWrapCR, he has a Berlina CR he bought that the previous owner had wrapped in flat black. It looks pretty good, maybe he can send you some pictures so you can see how your CR might look. As the others have said, I would keep the OEM paint scheme. Sorry to hear about the break in, and the thread jack.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you like your catch can & how tall is it? I need to get a catch can asap and the Saikou Michi looks like it fits the bill. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It works great, but I had a custom single can made by him. It is not the dual one on the site. The dual one actually sucked up oil. I have a single can with ventillation at the top and a sight glass on the back side, I then just use a clamp on the pcv line when I head on the track to stop oil from moving over to the manifold (this is the main source of oil on the sweepers). I get about 1-2 oz after an entire day on the track (very little). It uses his standard battery tie down with a spacer and fits perfect. I never blow smoke anymore on any track. If intrested tell him you want the one he made for me. PM me for my full name.

Here is the clamp I use on the hose, won't cut the hose or kink it after.

Here is the custom can I had made.

Installed

Hope this helps you out.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Biohazard
I then just use a clamp on the pcv line when I head on the track to stop oil from moving over to the manifold (this is the main source of oil on the sweepers)
Would I be able to do this with out the catch can? The catch can is and the car is awesome too!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM

Yes, you can do the same thing with just the clamp but you will get a little blow by through the vent case line going to the intake. If you are only tracking it occasionally, it shouldn't be too bad. The clamps (Lisle) are $6 for two of them you can get them online or order from Sears, Auto zone, Advance, etc.

Made by Lisle
Model # 22850
BACK HOSE PINCHERS

Sold Two Per Set.

A quick, easy way to pinch off vacuum lines, fuel lines, etc. without damaging the line.

Shipping Weight: 5 oz.
Suggested Retail: $7.65
UPC Code: 083045228509
Old 04-02-2013, 08:29 PM

Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

I'd like more details on this and not having to use a catch can. Which line/lines am I supposed to pinch off?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:08 AM

In the picture I posted with the 4 pics together you can see the PCV line that goes from the side of the valve cover over to the manifold. This is the line that needs to be piched off. The purpose of this line is for emissions compliance. Pinching this off on the track does nothing to the vehicle and keeps the oil from being sucked up and over to the manifold when under vacuum and in a long right hand sweeper. The valve cover design seems to allow oil to pool/puddle up right in that area allowing it to be sucked over under vacuum.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Biohazard
Since everyone else has a bulid thread, I figured why not me, right now I only have time for HPDE events with NASA and PCA. Here is my current set up.

Engine:
AUT carbon fiber cooling plate
K&N FIPK intake
Throttle body bypass
Mugen oil cap
Mugen radiator cap
Invidia 60mm test pipe
Toda 60mm dual exhaust
Toda baffled oil pan
Custom Oil Filter safety system
Flash Pro with Evans tuning custom tune
Spoon drain plugs (oil and tranny)
Eneos 5w40
LHT Brake booster brace
Saikou Michi custom single baffled catch can

Brakes:
Cobalt XR2 front/ XR4 rear
SOS slotted rotors front/ Centric blanks rear
Goodridge SS brake lines
Technafit SS clutch line
Motul RBF 600 Fluid brakes and clutch

Suspension:
Spoon x brace for front
J's Racing camber joints front

Wheels and Tires:
OZ Aleggeritta Black 17 x 8.5 non staggered (+59)
Dunlop star specs 245/40/17

Exterior:
3m clear bra
LED bulbs license plate
TC Designs Front and Rear Tow Hooks
Mugen license plate bolts

Interior:
Spoon rear view mirror
AIM SOLO gps lap timer
CG Lock for belt

my old track car and new one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaQvo4sEmY8
Really nice build when is your next trackday?
Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 AM

[/quote]
Really nice build when is your next trackday?
[/quote]

My next event is VIR in May with the first settlers (PCA). It is a 3 day HPDE for only $400. That track is usually $400 for 2 days. I may try to do another auto x event before then to keep me focused. I will shut down for summer as it is way too hot in the south. I will pick back up in September with a scheduled event October at Sebring with NASA.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:26 PM

interested in your HPDE post. recently purchased an 08 CR. would like to learn to drive at the limit but nobody on the east coast seems to know if my totally stock CR is track qualified for HPDE events. Could you givew me any info??? I am new to all of this.
thanks
buzzz

Quick Reply: MY HPDE Track Build - Biohazard