S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

My wannabe GPW CR (Imitation is the highest form of flattery....hehe)

Old 06-01-2011, 05:48 PM
DG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love it
Old 06-02-2011, 01:06 PM

Love the Recaro's

Mind sharing where you got them re-upholstered?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick, let me know when you are free and I'll swing by to check it out in person!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:06 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AP2CRazy
Rick, let me know when you are free and I'll swing by to check it out in person!
I'll be at the shop later this week so just call/txt me before you come by

thanks guys for the comments
Old 06-07-2011, 08:57 AM

s4play, do you plan on getting CR rims?
Old 06-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Actually I had my OEM 09 rims for a while, then later switched to these NSX wheels because of the huge weight savings. No plans to go back to heavy wheels!

Once my budget allows my plan is to go with some lightweight 1-piece forged wheels so most likely ProDrive or WEDsport wheels.

I want something one piece, super light with spokes that go all the way to the edge for a flush face look. With the huge added hp increase I need something lightweight with a wide contact patch to help put the power to the ground.

rick
Old 06-12-2011, 09:21 PM

so............my s2000 is finally blown and she sounds mean as ever!

Unfortunately my oem clutch at 10k miles is slipping pretty badly in 2nd gear so looks like I need a new clutch now:

Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rick, how do you like the SoS? Have you driven any other blown s2ks for comparison?
Old 06-13-2011, 11:30 AM

Can't go wrong with SoS. I love the products they have for the NSX
Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by closetgeek
Can't go wrong with SoS. I love the products they have for the NSX
Agreed, I have some of their NSX products too on mine and Chris never disappoints in terms of service. I also got my Advan RS-D's from him for my other ride

psychoazn:

I’ve owned s2000’s with all 3 blower types (Comptech at stock boost, Vortech at 8psi and SOS at 10psi now) The only type of supercharger I don’t have experience with is the KW in terms of ownership.

First let me say going supercharged is the best bang for your money. Once you go blown you can never really go back to stock. I’m a huge fan of NA motors don’t get me wrong in the proper cars like my old e46 m3 or GT3 but those engines are usually in expensive cars.

For the s2000’s tiny 4 cylinder motor, (this is strictly my opinion) but any NA mods in general are futile and really worthless unless you are building a pure race car and have no limitations in noise or emissions. A supercharger is really the way to go in terms of ease and reliability.

My 05 Rio with the Comptech was as solid as a rock and I used it as a DD for a few years before selling to the new owner who drove it from CA > PA with no issues! I’m pretty sure the SOS will also be reliable but only time will tell.

My initial impressions is this thing is sounds so MEAN at WOT – it makes the car sound like it has a much bigger motor and the power is amazing. Going from a NA s2000 it just plain feels SLOW in comparison. The larger injectors and higher boost seems like WOT just keeps going and going – on any normal highway you just won’t use all the power. By the time VTEC hits you need to let off as you are nearing triple digit speeds. On the track this car could be a lot of fun!

Granted my 05 Rio with the Comptech on low boost only put 304 rwhp that thing was already fast and easily broke the tires loose in 2nd gear. My SOS charger in the 09 GPW is definitely faster and my butt dyno feels easily 50+hp more. Once we get it tuned with a solid clutch my guess is it will be closer to 380+ rwhp! Of course it’s an unfair comparison in terms of cost and level of mods but I’m pretty sure both cars will beat any NA s2000.

Quick Reply: My wannabe GPW CR (Imitation is the highest form of flattery....hehe)