S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Product Evaluation- Aquartz Iron Cut

Old 01-24-2013, 03:36 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Product Evaluation- Aquartz Iron Cut

Today, being it was nice I thought I would wash the white CR in preparation for an upcoming meet this saturday. Besides washing I was going to use a new product I'd purchased from Detailers Domain called Aquartz Iron Cut. The product claims to loosen the ferrous particles imbedded into your paint, it claims to have a noticeable appearance when it comes into contact with ferrous particles, namely a reddish/purple color. iron Cut is said to loosen these particles and make them easy to wash off the car, so I thought I would give it a try.

This car only has a little over 9k miles, and was garaged so it only needed a quick wash. While it was still wet I misted the Iron Cut over the entire car, including the glass. I wiped the car down per the instructions and waited about three minutes. The first thing I noticed is the door cups turned red along with the area around the side emblems. Then the entire car turned a sickly reddish-purple before my eyes. The now released metals were running down the sides of the car, so after waiting the required time I rewashed the car and dried it. I wish I had taken pictures of the process, I will when I wash one of the other cars, but the appearance change is dramatic. The car is noticeably cleaner and shinier, even before waxing and polish. The surface is smoother and brighter in appearance, so if you think your CR is clean you might want to try this product, but I'll warn you this stuff stinks to high heaven! If it was this dramatic on a car with only 9k miles, I can only imagine what a higher mileage car might have attached to it.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Aquar...Cut_p_327.html
Old 01-24-2013, 04:07 PM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow very interesting product it sounds like... don't think I've heard of it before. I'll have to check this out, thanks for sharing! I'd be interested to learn more about how it works and I'm assuming it is but... safe on paint over time?

Link is broken btw
Old 01-24-2013, 04:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Good stuff! I've been meaning to purchase this stuff. Even though my 08 only has 8k miles, I'm sure it would take off some stuff. From the research I've done on it, it's pretty much like the Sonax full effect wheel cleaner(that stuff smells horrible too).

Curious as to why you didn't put this in the Wash and Wax forum. I know a lot of guys in there would love to hear a review of it on an S2000.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by FurY
Wow very interesting product it sounds like... don't think I've heard of it before. I'll have to check this out, thanks for sharing! I'd be interested to learn more about how it works and I'm assuming it is but... safe on paint over time? Link is broken btw
Thanks I fixed the link FurY. If you read the product description if gives a lot more information concerning the product. Of course if you have any more questions I would pm or email Phil at Detailers Domain.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by FISH22
Good stuff! I've been meaning to purchase this stuff. Even though my 08 only has 8k miles, I'm sure it would take off some stuff. From the research I've done on it, it's pretty much like the Sonax full effect wheel cleaner(that stuff smells horrible too). Curious as to why you didn't put this in the Wash and Wax forum. I know a lot of guys in there would love to hear a review of it on an S2000.
I might need to do that, the product is definitely worth the money.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Originally Posted by FISH22' timestamp='1359076836' post='22290942
Good stuff! I've been meaning to purchase this stuff. Even though my 08 only has 8k miles, I'm sure it would take off some stuff. From the research I've done on it, it's pretty much like the Sonax full effect wheel cleaner(that stuff smells horrible too). Curious as to why you didn't put this in the Wash and Wax forum. I know a lot of guys in there would love to hear a review of it on an S2000.
I might need to do that, the product is definitely worth the money.

And I think there are some huge results on white cars.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does this do anything that claying wouldn't do? Or does it just make claying "easier/faster"?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the comments about the urine odor and the red drain, how similar is this product to Sonax? I know it's a wheel cleaner.. but are the chemicals similar?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Community Organizer

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm intrigued. Especially on a white car like mine.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Very interesting.

Quick Reply: Product Evaluation- Aquartz Iron Cut