S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Purchasing new complete CR springs/shocks for my 2004

Old 01-31-2012, 03:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Purchasing new complete CR springs/shocks for my 2004

51610-S2A-S21 = Assembled front right CR shock/spring
51620-S2A-S21 = Assembled front left CR shock/spring
52610-S2A-S21 = Assembled rear right CR shock/spring
52620-S2A-S21 = Assembled rear left CR shock/spring

Hardtop Guy:
[HTG is willing to match any price I can find, so I'm 99% sure I will order from him!]

$650.21 = Front shocks and springs, assembled
$755.53 = Rear shocks and springs, assembled
$51.66 = Shipping to my door in California
$0.00 = NO TAX !!

Total (shipped, no tax) = $1457.40

====================

Honda Parts Cheap:

$307.92 = Assembled front right
$307.92 = Assembled front left
$357.80 = Assembled rear right
$357.80 = Assembled rear left
$109.84 = Sales Tax (ouch)
$3.95 = Handling (No shipping cost if I specify local pickup)

Total (taxed, no shipping) = $1445.23

============================

I've already got the front/rear CR sway bars and rims, and I'm not interested in anything other than CR suspension. Please don't try to convince me to buy aftermarket coil overs. I know what I want, I just want help finding the best deal.

Is this all I need to buy, or are there are parts needed? Is this just plug and play for my 2004?

======Quotes for install+ alignment=====
$380 = Installed and aligned at Auto Innovations in Milpitas, CA
Old 01-31-2012, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have CR springs FS
Old 01-31-2012, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by killin1t
I have CR springs FS
Sorry I didn't make this thread as a WTB used parts. I'm just looking for information on purchasing new CR shocks/springs, and making sure I order the right parts.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:54 PM

hey, i ordered the cr suspension along with the cr exterior parts for my car at the end of november and still didn't receive any of my parts yet...the person in charged at hardtop guy keeps telling me he will get it ship, he's getting trouble finding someone to ship bumpers...etc etc. So if you are getting it from hardtop guy, please do yourself a favour and ask for an expected arrival date before you purchase it...
Old 01-31-2012, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by s2k_4life
hey, i ordered the cr suspension along with the cr exterior parts for my car at the end of november and still didn't receive any of my parts yet...the person in charged at hardtop guy keeps telling me he will get it ship, he's getting trouble finding someone to ship bumpers...etc etc. So if you are getting it from hardtop guy, please do yourself a favour and ask for an expected arrival date before you purchase it...
Wow very good information. I would hate to sink money into something and have to wait a long time. I'll be sure they are being shipped immediately before ordering. That's insane that you've waited two months for anything!

Did your CR suspension come yet?
Old 01-31-2012, 05:08 PM

nope...he informed me that he will get it shipped two weeks ago and still haven't heard from him. i sent him a couple emails so hopefully he'll reply to them. i think ill give him another 2 weeks before i call my credit card company...
Old 01-31-2012, 05:45 PM

I just talked to HTG. He stated that the CR suspension is not in stock on his end. When I place the order, he will place an order to honda. Then if its a local warehouse, he will get it in 1-2 days, if its a distant warehouse, he gets it in 3-4 days. Then he would ship from his place to my place. He said he could give me specific dates for shipping when he is in the office tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:40 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Hardtop guy has done wonders for this community. Yes he is not always as good with communication as it could be, but he offers this as a side to his normal job, to the s2ki community.

The CR suspension, at last check, is not in any warehouse except california. And at the time, there were only a few pieces there, not an entire set. (If I remember right it was 3 driver fronts, 2 passenger fronts and 4 passenger rears? )

More likely than not Honda will have to ship it over from Japan unless they've received new stock. When they send shipments over, they fill semi truck containers full with what will fit, not always what is ordered. Sometimes everything comes...sometimes it doesn't. When it comes into Port in Cali it then has to go through inventory before it can be sent out to dealers / hardtop guy.

If those other sites (honda cheap parts, or majestic Honda) let you order it, chances are they are in the same boat as far as inventory as hardtop guy.

As far as pricing for a brand new set, I think that's a very fair price, and installation + alignment (if you don't want to do it yourself, they are plug and play) isn't terrible. If you're getting out for under $1800 for a brand new set of unused, un touched CR suspension, getting it installed, aligned, and not doing anything, you're doing ok
Old 01-31-2012, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by #172CR
Hardtop guy has done wonders for this community. Yes he is not always as good with communication as it could be, but he offers this as a side to his normal job, to the s2ki community.

The CR suspension, at last check, is not in any warehouse except california. And at the time, there were only a few pieces there, not an entire set. (If I remember right it was 3 driver fronts, 2 passenger fronts and 4 passenger rears? )

More likely than not Honda will have to ship it over from Japan unless they've received new stock. When they send shipments over, they fill semi truck containers full with what will fit, not always what is ordered. Sometimes everything comes...sometimes it doesn't. When it comes into Port in Cali it then has to go through inventory before it can be sent out to dealers / hardtop guy.

If those other sites (honda cheap parts, or majestic Honda) let you order it, chances are they are in the same boat as far as inventory as hardtop guy.

As far as pricing for a brand new set, I think that's a very fair price, and installation + alignment (if you don't want to do it yourself, they are plug and play) isn't terrible. If you're getting out for under $1800 for a brand new set of unused, un touched CR suspension, getting it installed, aligned, and not doing anything, you're doing ok
When was the "last check" that was done on inventory of CR suspensions? I'm in CA, so hopefully there is some somewhere. Should HTG be able to check the warehouse availability vs. needing to order from Japan? I would hate to be out $1400 and waiting for a boat to cross the ocean...
Old 01-31-2012, 09:49 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

September 2011

Quick Reply: Purchasing new complete CR springs/shocks for my 2004