S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Question for you CR guys

Old 08-08-2011, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for you CR guys

So the CR has really grown on me and lately I've been thinking of selling my AP1 for a CR.
My only thing is the top. I love dropping the top whenever I want and putting it back up if I get caught in the rain or enter a store.
What do you guys do about these situations?

Oh and it's true that the cover where the convertible top goes only fits because...the tops not there right?
Thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 09:15 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Make sure there is no chance for rain.

Seriously you'll convert to a coupe if you get the CR. Most of us have that have gone from a regular s2000
Old 08-09-2011, 01:19 AM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Once you experience the CR, the soft top won't be an issue. The CR provides an elevated driving experience. Weather planning. Also see the temp covers you can get for the cockpit
Old 08-09-2011, 03:05 AM

Is the driving experience that much greater?

There's temp covers? Where can I find these?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:46 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by rugsr
Is the driving experience that much greater?There's temp covers? Where can I find these?
This is just one example of a cover, there are many types out there. Some are strictly for shading and others repel water.

http://www.caPopTop.com/?gclid=CMqso...FYReTAodth8O5w
Old 08-09-2011, 07:51 AM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rugsr
Is the driving experience that much greater?

There's temp covers? Where can I find these?

Here's an entire thread for you
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/868...or-only-cover/
Old 08-09-2011, 08:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sold my 04 to buy my 08 CR. NO REGRETS. The CR is such a step up in driving. I installed a hoist in my garage, so top on / off is a 5 minute one person job. I have been caught is a small rainfall. I just ducked into a covered fuel station and waited till the rain stopped. I have heard from others that the interior takes water well. Only downside is on trips, hardtop is a must, but the car looks great with the Hardtop and AC works better.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:19 AM

Laker,
Could u post up a pic of your hoist in action removing top? Wanting to try to fasion one my self. Thanks man.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what it looked like over the 04. No pics of it over the 08 CR. It is very simple, with a cushioned bar, similar to the OEM Honda lift. I run 2 straps to the side posts and 2 very loose to the back of the window. I do not put any pressure on the rear window as I have heard stories of it pulling off. The winch is a hand crank, like on a boat trailer. It has a lock so it cannot unwind and drop the top. I kept the top on this hoist for 5 months at a time with no negative results. Do a Google for hardtop lifts and you will see various options. I got mine from a friend.

I love it, because with the CR, it is a one- man easy operation.

Originally Posted by needanotherS2K
Laker,
Could u post up a pic of your hoist in action removing top? Wanting to try to fasion one my self. Thanks man.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've gotten wet... no big deal at all. I wouldn't drive in a heavy pour or shower, but for just drizzle and light rain, more gas = less wet

Quick Reply: Question for you CR guys