S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Raceseng.com

Old 10-07-2014, 12:28 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Raceseng.com

I came across Raceseng Performance in PA who designs and crafts some high quality race products for the S2000. You may or may not know much about them, but feel free to look them up on http://www.raceseng....uto/honda/s2000. I e-mailed Jarrett Seng, owner of Raceseng, with some questions on his products. He got back to me right away. Within a couple of weeks of so, I ordered a few of his quality products. It was bit of a splurge on my end, but my CR deserves some quality items for the track. I haven't spent much at all on the car this year so it was time to purchase some high-end Tow Hooks for those upcoming track days (plan is always to stay on the track). The items arrived UPS and were well packed and boxed with instructions for all items in their individual boxes. I installed all the items this past weekend, but didn't get a chance to drive the car yet or take some daytime Hi-Def pics of the products, but I promised Jarrett that I would write a brief review on S2ki.com and FB. The Tug and Two Hooks are extremely well made. The anodized finish along with the Tow Hooks being spring loaded are a big seller for me. The spring loaded actions prevents the Tow Hooks from hitting the bumper while moving protecting your all important paint. I chose 'Red' as the color so it would be very noticeable on the track. I purchased the front Tug and Tow Hook with the optional GoPro mount along with a rear Tow Hook and Tugless View GoPro Mount. These should serve for some interesting videos on and off the track. The Tug and the Tow Hooks install is fairly simple only requiring minimal tools and some patience in positioning the Tow Hooks. I plan on driving out next weekend and taking some Hi-Def pics with ample light. In the meantime, I attached some install pics in my garage for now. While on the site, I couldn't resist purchasing their Ashiko shift knob as well. At 735 grams, its an amazing shift knob. It fits well in the palm of your hand as you move through the gears. It has the perfect curvature on the top of the shift knob for easy work through the gears. I've always tested out shift knobs on the CR to get the ultimate shifting engagement through the gears on arguably the best manual transmission on the planet for its time. This one is just that much better! I plan on posting more information and pics as I use these products. Kudos to Jarrett and his team for crafting some very nice products. It's good to see that there are companies out there that are still designing new products while keeping the S2000 owners in mind.

Gallery Pics: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/a...-product-pics/
Old 10-07-2014, 04:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have their Front Tow Hook / Camera Mount on my car. Tremendous quality. I just ordered the Rear Hook Camera Mount and Shift Knob.

Two thumbs up.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:09 PM

Were you able to line everything up with the tug. I had to work it a bit for the rear tow hook. What color did you get?
Old 10-08-2014, 10:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I really like that go pro mount + tow hook combo. I'm interested to see how their set screw method of orienting the hook and camera work out. I'm all for less moving parts, but I'd like to see how well the set screw stays in place when the car is in action--especially my car with stiff engine/trans mounts and a ton of NVH. I wish this was out when I purchased my craven go pro mount for the tow hook receiver and challenge front tow hook.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:58 AM

It appears solid. The tug gets tightened first with a socket first. I did have to play around with the set screw to get the orientation aligned on the hook. I'm going to go for a short drive this weekend with the GoPro mount installed and will report back.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Front Mount in gray. It has been on my car for about 3 months with zero problems. They shipped my rear mount today.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
I have the Front Mount in gray. It has been on my car for about 3 months with zero problems. They shipped my rear mount today.
I have that one too for cruising around without the hook. Do you have videos you can post?
Old 10-26-2014, 07:35 PM

Decide to custom fit the shift boot to the bottom of the Ashiko knob. Simple fix is to place a garden hose washer inside the shift boot and place a the height you want.

[attachment=68527::]
Attached Thumbnails Raceseng.com-image-3085494321.jpg  
Old 11-02-2016, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Decide to custom fit the shift boot to the bottom of the Ashiko knob. Simple fix is to place a garden hose washer inside the shift boot and place a the height you want.

[attachment=68527::]
Does the shift knob sit lower like a countersunk shift knob with the adapter in place? Looking to get a slammer shift knob and don't want it sitting higher than stock.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:31 PM

It will be flush to the boot and countersunk. I sold it though cause it didn't flow well with the CR interior. Other shift knobs that I had looked much better so I decided to keep my Moddiction Anvil 2 with custom engraving instead. It's a much better fit and has the right weighting. The Slammer is cool but too heavily weighted for my taste. Live and learn.

Quick Reply: Raceseng.com