S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 CR Club Racer Edition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/)
-   -   Rate of depreciation for CR? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/rate-depreciation-cr-874055/)

closetgeek 06-07-2011 02:31 AM

Rate of depreciation for CR?

The CR models are averaging high 20's in value and some in the 30's for GPW. I know it hasn't been long enough but it's now been 2 years since they stopped making them. Having noticed how expensive the Integra Type R still is, and their consistent level of value, do you think the CR will be in a similar situation?

Vanishing Point 06-07-2011 06:13 AM

Those that bought their CR's new experienced the greatest depreciation upon leaving the dealer lots. The CR's seem to be gaining in pricing as they gain in popularity/exclusiveness due to their limited numbers. But, bear in mind you are also dealing with a limited clientele that wants to own a CR. My experience with limited production cars is that it may take 20-30 years to achieve a "significant" increase in the asking prices of CR's for resale.

Cronic 06-07-2011 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point (Post 20657009)
Those that bought their CR's new experienced the greatest depreciation upon leaving the dealer lots. The CR's seem to be gaining in pricing as they gain in popularity/exclusiveness due to their limited numbers. But, bear in mind you are also dealing with a limited clientele that wants to own a CR. My experience with limited production cars is that it may take 20-30 years to achieve a "significant" increase in the asking prices of CR's for resale.

I would be happy if the prices just hold where they are.

As long as people stay firm on their pricing, we should be able to maintain that.

There seemed to be a period a while back where it tanked, but it seems these cars have actually been commanding more as of late.

adrs2k 06-07-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Cronic (Post 20657736)

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point' timestamp='1307455994' post='20657009

I would be happy if the prices just hold where they are.

As long as people stay firm on their pricing, we should be able to maintain that.

There seemed to be a period a while back where it tanked, but it seems these cars have actually been commanding more as of late.

I agree with you. Prices dropped right when I was looking, and snagged my car for well under what they are going for now. As long as we hold on to them and do not sell for less, we should all be in good shape. Seems there are not as many for sale anymore, and it will only get harder to find them.

IAmTheRealAsif 06-07-2011 11:56 AM

Pretty cool. Makes me wanna keep mine lol. Wish I had GPW though, then get a white itr lol

cantsleep 06-07-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by IAmTheRealAsif (Post 20658379)
Pretty cool. Makes me wanna keep mine lol. Wish I had GPW though, then get a white itr lol

Thats exactly what I'm planning to do
I'm gonna get championship white DC2 type-R and gpw NSX
I already have a gpw CR to complete the collection :)

Kieran650@msn.com 06-07-2011 12:55 PM

I agree that there was a abnormally high drop in price about 1.5-2.0 years ago as thats when I bought mine and for pretty cheap. I am actually rather flaberghasted by the prices some of these dealers are asking and sticking to for these cars. In fact I believe we will see another drop pretty soon as these dealers drop there prices after the vehicles languish on the lots for long periods of time. Also keep in mind that although there are a couple hundred of us on here the majority of CR owners probably keep there cars for 3-4 years and I think we will start seeing a greater number hit the used car market hopefully finding their way into the hands of people like us. I own a delete model and I think mine is going to be rather hard to sell when the time comes due to an even smaller target market:)

closetgeek 06-07-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by cantsleep (Post 20658524)

Originally Posted by IAmTheRealAsif' timestamp='1307476562' post='20658379

Thats exactly what I'm planning to do
I'm gonna get championship white DC2 type-R and gpw NSX
I already have a gpw CR to complete the collection :)

When and if you're seriously looking for the Championship White ITR, feel free to PM me ;)
The whole GPW craze for the CR is stirring up drastic decisions for me! :D

Originally Posted by Kieran650@msn.com (Post 20658643)
I agree that there was a abnormally high drop in price about 1.5-2.0 years ago as thats when I bought mine and for pretty cheap. I am actually rather flaberghasted by the prices some of these dealers are asking and sticking to for these cars. In fact I believe we will see another drop pretty soon as these dealers drop there prices after the vehicles languish on the lots for long periods of time. Also keep in mind that although there are a couple hundred of us on here the majority of CR owners probably keep there cars for 3-4 years and I think we will start seeing a greater number hit the used car market hopefully finding their way into the hands of people like us. I own a delete model and I think mine is going to be rather hard to sell when the time comes due to an even smaller target market:)

I'm curious to know how long dealers are allowed to have a car sit on the lot before they start dropping prices?

That delete model will go for a nice premium if it remains stock. So many ITR owners that I know of are returning their once JDM appearance to an OEM look now. The low mileage ones still sell for 15-18k. It's not that rare to even witness one sell for the 20s either. I see the same for the CR enthusiast.

Personally, I wouldn't even keep mine mint. Later after I get my hands on one, I'm modding it for track abuse.

#172CR 06-07-2011 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by closetgeek (Post 20658842)
I'm curious to know how long dealers are allowed to have a car sit on the lot before they start dropping prices?

That delete model will go for a nice premium if it remains stock. So many ITR owners that I know of are returning their once JDM appearance to an OEM look now. The low mileage ones still sell for 15-18k. It's not that rare to even witness one sell for the 20s either. I see the same for the CR enthusiast.

Personally, I wouldn't even keep mine mint. Later after I get my hands on one, I'm modding it for track abuse.

My CR sat on the lot from 10/30/2007-4/9/2009. But from what I hear they were days away from trading it to another dealer for an accord!

IAmTheRealAsif 06-08-2011 12:07 AM

My CR was on the lot for 2 years. Came with a nice dent on the quarter panel. Paint wasn't in best shape. The lot guys at sloane honda suck and are really immature