S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Running into non forum CR Owners

Old 05-04-2011, 06:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wait wut? You have your own url?

cr.s2ki.com anyone?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:30 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Man, the CR forum needs our own cards!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only ever seen 1 other CR is pittsburgh and it's someone I know... That's about it..

A lot of civic kids ask why I put that big ass wing on my car.. They don't understand it's OEM
Old 05-04-2011, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by dc5rn
I've only ever seen 1 other CR is pittsburgh and it's someone I know... That's about it..

A lot of civic kids ask why I put that big ass wing on my car.. They don't understand it's OEM
Yeah people ask me why I picked such a cartoonish sized wing all the time lol I just tell them it came like that. People always like the cover behind the rear seats though.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by YoMattYo
Cool, I'm actually moving to Seattle at the end of June and will be looking for a CR. I was planning on buying one in California and driving it up, but it's cool that there are some local ones.
Nice hit me up when you get here. Good luck in your search there are two for sale around here that I know of one in Oregon (black) and one Apex Blue at a Seattle dealer. About a year ago there was a gpw for sale in spokane for $25,000 I really regret not picking that up.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by #172CR
Kieran, every CR owner I've ran into has been really friendly. I blame it on being "seattle" I saw an apex blue up there in south center parking lot on Sunday. No owner in site though. I'm really surprised you saw a GPW CR.
Yeah I was not expecting to see a gpw cr how random to bad I was on my bicycle I think the other owners up here work for the tech companies and bought one just because it was the top of the line S2000 and maybe wanted it more for status. I think this is why we are starting to see more end up for sale at dealerships or online as these owners move on to the next new thing. Hopefully these orphan cars will find homes with enthusiast owners.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:38 AM

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I've met 2 CR owners that weren't on the boards.

The weekend after I bought my CR I met a guy at an autox. He was a really nice, older experienced autoxer who was a miata guy at heart but had to have the CR. He just crossed the break in period on his way to the autox so he only hit vtec that day (I hit vtec on my way out of the dealership lol). Since the CR was new to both of us we had fun finding the differences between delete and comfort models as well as figuring out how to disable VSA. Since he was older, I figured he wasn't the forum type.

The second guy I met was the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Met him at a late night car meet. He took the wing off his car because he didn't like how it looked. When I asked him how he liked the CR he basically said "meh" and it needed more power and thought the hard top was a pain. Really dude? Did you not do any research before you bought it? Basically, one of my pet peeves is S2000 owners (especially CR owners) that aren't happy with their car and have never driven it on a track or autox. I understand that racing isn't for everyone, but don't complain about poor handling and not enough power if you haven't really tested either. Didn't invite him to the forums since he seemed like a dick.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:04 PM

I ran into some chick with an ABP CR at a gas station, but I was driving my DD FX at the time. I told her to join S2KI lol.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

im from seattle...but moved to LA just 8months ago. i miss home. id be mobbin with you guys back in seatown if i was up there. three of my buddies all bought ap1's just recently too...all white too.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:09 AM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by patinum
Since he was older, I figured he wasn't the forum type.
So does 66 (67 in 9 days) qualify as older and not the forum type? . Careful with the stereotypes there, young man.

Quick Reply: Running into non forum CR Owners