S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

S-Factor CR lip protector / splitter

Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think this is what you guys are talking about.

A custom full length CR Lip Splitter/Diffuser.

Before pictures:

Being super low to the ground, the front lower cover, splash shields, and fender liners have seen better days.

After:

Replaces front cover and splash shields and will better protect the front intercooler from damage when bottoming out.

It is flushed mounted with the CR lip.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is one method of tackling the issue. The OEM louvers from the underbody cowling works by allowing the low pressure air flowing underneath the car to pull the high pressure hot air out from the engine bay.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by takchi
Too bad this is a 0.25-0.5 point mod for S2k Challenge. Need a bigger splitter in order to stay competitive. Sigh...

The best part of it is that it covers up the empty space underneath the CR lip. that should help a little bit with front end downforce to reduce the possible wakes created in that small region...less drag and extra DF? Psychoazn Mike should chime in on this...!
You're the engineer, not me... haha

I need a diffuser more than a splitter -_-
Old 10-17-2012, 02:56 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Maybe it's totally psychological, but the car "feels" even more confidence inspiring at medium up speeds.
No empirical data other than just the feeling and observation, but my front tires aren't getting any younger, and the temps aren't getting any warmer this time of year, yet the car feels more planted
Win win with the cowcatcher spliter.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:59 PM

You're not alone, Fasting. A couple of STI guys are saying the same thing. It does work, besides protecting the bottom front end of the S!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasting
In a bone head move caused by new Ferrari distraction while at Watkins Glen. I whacked a curb HARD with my S-Factor Splitter.
It hit so hard, it knocked the curb off the rebar in the ground.
My buds were standing about and made the ugly face from the ugly sound ! Mind you, this is my 3rd S2k, and I have never ever done this before, but I'm so glad it happened with the splitter on.

Besides some chipped paint on the underside of the front edge of the splitter, NO DAMAGE !!!
We all stood around laughing thinking about the functionality of this hard guillotine.
Thanks Ray for this splitter. You saved the front of my car.
More careful in the future...
Always park backwards!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasting
Maybe it's totally psychological, but the car "feels" even more confidence inspiring at medium up speeds.
No empirical data other than just the feeling and observation, but my front tires aren't getting any younger, and the temps aren't getting any warmer this time of year, yet the car feels more planted
Win win with the cowcatcher spliter.
...well it is a splitter...and you know what splitters do...

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Originally Posted by takchi' timestamp='1350491985' post='22089260
Too bad this is a 0.25-0.5 point mod for S2k Challenge. Need a bigger splitter in order to stay competitive. Sigh...

The best part of it is that it covers up the empty space underneath the CR lip. that should help a little bit with front end downforce to reduce the possible wakes created in that small region...less drag and extra DF? Psychoazn Mike should chime in on this...!
You're the engineer, not me... haha

I need a diffuser more than a splitter -_-
Yea...I have some fun ideas that should make the car extra fun. Just need a zero dollar way to make it happen. It'll definitely make every CR owner drool at the possibilities.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:56 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I spun out at NJMP lightning last week and this thing protected my cr lip perfectly. make sure you really bolt it down to the bumper so its STRONG!

I am getting S-Factor to make me a new one that connects to the frame like the custom full length CR Lip Splitter/Diffuser

just gotta find time after race season :-)
Old 03-05-2014, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump are these for sale??
Old 03-05-2014, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Topplayer
I spun out at NJMP lightning last week and this thing protected my cr lip perfectly. make sure you really bolt it down to the bumper so its STRONG!

I am getting S-Factor to make me a new one that connects to the frame like the custom full length CR Lip Splitter/Diffuser

just gotta find time after race season :-)
He ain't lying.

Quick Reply: S-Factor CR lip protector / splitter