S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

S2000 CR's for sale

Old 10-22-2016, 06:32 PM
yip

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SW2 Tuning
No offense, but if that's your budget for a CR, why bother with one that needs work? Get a pristine one that needs nothing, and end up with a car that will be more enjoyable and appreciate in value more.
I'm willing to go either way but I doubt any car I own will appreciate as I tend to put 20-30k a year on my vehicles. A little rough around the edges doesn't bother me as it will be driven daily.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:08 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by yip
Originally Posted by SW2 Tuning' timestamp='1477187126' post='24089947

No offense, but if that's your budget for a CR, why bother with one that needs work? Get a pristine one that needs nothing, and end up with a car that will be more enjoyable and appreciate in value more.
I'm willing to go either way but I doubt any car I own will appreciate as I tend to put 20-30k a year on my vehicles. A little rough around the edges doesn't bother me as it will be driven daily.
Fair enough...
Old 10-22-2016, 08:22 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by yip
Originally Posted by SW2 Tuning' timestamp='1477187126' post='24089947

If that's the case, you definitely want to keep it under $30k. We will all yell at you if you drive a $30-$40k garage queen
Old 10-23-2016, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yip
Originally Posted by k20trick' timestamp='1477179000' post='24089888

That car was originally listed around 24,500 but no one bought it, and now it's at the dealers hands at $29,000+

There is a lot of work to be done on that car. Its not worth the asking price or no where close to it. Its been sitting for a month or more now.. There is a reason why its sitting for so long.

If I bought that car I would replace the following:

1) axles, it had spacers on it, not sure why maybe it was modded once. The car pulls to the left noticeably, who knows while replacing the axles will you uncover more problems with the drivetrain? You are chancing it with the drive train to uncover more issues, trying to be aware and cautious.

2) replace tires back to extreme performance tires that came from the factory, the v12s arent cutting it

3) hardtop rattles like no tomorrow, will need to be fixed (may be an easy fit)

4) Front windshield back to oem and weather stripping

5) When I saw the shocks I could barely read out the numbers on the rear 52610 I thought cr shocks started with 52620 but it appears they were 52610 that got discontinued, any idea how you confirmed the shocks are original cr yip? When the car's suspension was modified I got worried the prior owners might have done a switcharoo. The suspension makes a lot of noises on that car.

6) there are dents scratches around the car which Im sure a pdr guy can correct.

I liked the clutch, seems like the prior owner may have put in a nice exedy stage 1 clutch (not sure though it grabbed good).

It is a great car, unfortunately saying it requires only a lot of small things would be untrue, for me anyways...

Keep in mind that the car was previously privately listed and was about to sell for 24,500 but looks like the buyer and seller couldnt agree to 24,000 and the car ended up being traded in. Im pretty sure that it was traded in for much less than that as well.

Hopefully this helps someone.
Hey, I get it... it's not worth it to you but maybe it's worth it to me. Had I been looking when it was originally listed I might have purchased it. Quite a few people on here are acting like the car was totaled and it's been put back together with wood screws and bondo. Spacers don't bother me and if it requires new axles, diff rebuild or a drive shaft rebuild then so be it. You say the car pulled when you drove it but I've confirmed by being underneath the car that nothing is bent or broken and that the suspension is OEM.

My budget for a CR is $35-$40k. I'm confident that I can remedy all of the issues that you have listed within that price range if they accept my offer. We will see if the dealer comes down to my price. They seem to be calling me once a week to check in.

I do feel that the previous seller miss represented the car and that the guy who flew out to see it should be upset.
Just in case it is helpful, I offered 25k for that car and they countered at 27.5k. They told me that they sold the car almost immediately at 30k but had to take the car back after "the buyer couldn't get approved for financing." I'd love to see that car brought back to life. If you are the guy to do it, more power to you. I'll add to the condition assessment: they don't have the tonneau corners so you'll need those. In addition to the exterior panels needing refreshing, almost every plastic piece on the dash looks like someone went over it with a sandy rag. It's not something that I would ever take the time to fix but if you are looking to get all the way back, you may need to consider that in your costs. The driver rear fender liner is gone. I didn't check the passenger side, but I would assume it's gone as well.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:15 PM

Are you sure the tonneau was gone? I couldve sworn I checked and they were there. Wonder why the car was traded in, I'm sure it wouldve sold here at the asking private party price of 24-25....
Old 10-23-2016, 01:20 PM

The cover is still there check out: https://www.culvercityhonda.com/used...11f6b930f2.htm 5th pic, so either it was originally gone when you first saw it and they added it or it was there and you missed it.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:58 PM
yip

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
The cover is still there check out: https://www.culvercityhonda.com/used...11f6b930f2.htm 5th pic, so either it was originally gone when you first saw it and they added it or it was there and you missed it.
The cover is there but they do not have the covers that you install only after you remove the hard top.

They also gave me the story about the guy that couldn't get approved. I was even told the kid took the car home and had to bring it back. I would assume they will have this problem as it's likely anyone willing to pay anywhere near their asking price is not a very responsible person.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Subbed. I'm in the market for a CR. Will do what I can to contribute.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by yip
Originally Posted by k20trick' timestamp='1477257612' post='24090266
The cover is there but they do not have the covers that you install only after you remove the hard top.
Yip is correct. Like I said, it is missing the tonneau corners not the cover.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:55 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...844327266.html