S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

S2000 CR Supercharging

Old 12-19-2012, 09:55 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Why go with the base model? I don't see anything wrong with boosting a CR.

No, you shouldn't be lowering the compression ratio. Hit up the Forced Induction forum to do some research and get your questions answered.

I'm not sure a boosted s2k is the best car for you, as it's a very unforgiving car.
I agree, nothing wrong with boosting a CR necessarily... totally up to the owner. I think what Go2 was getting at and what I agree with is... there were only 699 CR's ever made which makes it pretty special/unique and boosting it is a pretty major change to the car. Again, nothing wrong with that, to each their own. I think purists though will generally frown on that though. Just my $0.02.

OP - Best of luck in your research and do whatever you'll enjoy the most. And what psychoazn said is true about it being unforgiving... I used to own a turbo S2000 and can tell you that it's a lot more twitchy in the bends when you have that extra power.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

There is NO DIFFERENCE between the two car's motors so why would it matter which car you boost?

We've grown acustomed to driving nothing but "boosted" s2000's here at the shop and I can tell you going back to a stock s2000 just feels lethargic. If done right, even a base CTSC running 4-5lbs of boost is a huge improvement over the stock car, track or street!

We have cars here that range from 290 - 400+ RWHP and I can tell you that most of our guys prefer the lower 290 powered cars since they are smoother to drive. When you get into the 380+ range you start to sacrifice certain things.

We have worked with almost every brand of supercharger kit from Comptech, Vortech, Kraftwerks and SOS. 3/4 use Paxton blowers and the same principles while the Kraftwerks is the most unique and most powerful out of the box.

Each kit has it's advantages

Gluck in your path

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@euroboutique/videos
Follow-Us Instagram/Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

Old 12-19-2012, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
For a DD, sometime weekend racer, a better choice would be to simply purchase a Hondata Flashpro.
I completely agree with this, I went all out with a custom turbo kit setup on my Acura Integra and honestly it was kind of a PITA to deal with all the random stuff that would come up. If the S2000 is your primary (only) car, then you'll want to factor in the potential cost in time, inconvenience, and money of an FI setup. I blew my stock block while I was in another state getting tuned and was out of a car for over a month, that sort of thing is far less likely to happen with a simple NA setup.

Depending on what kind of racing you want to do, FI may or may not be the best route to take. For AutoX, I know that I prefer my naturally aspirated S2000's smooth power delivery over my tuned twin-turbo 335i's unsettling turbo lag coming out of corners. Heck, even the factory VTEC changeover was unsettling before Mase smoothed it out with the FlashPro & tune and made some great midrange gains. Sticking with a simple NA setup lets you keep more OEM parts on the car, which usually results in better reliability. Plus, a FI setup in AutoX will put you in a class where your car is probably not competitive. You'll want to figure out what kind of racing you intend on doing before you start modifying your car.

After you buy an S2000, it wouldn't hurt to just pick up a test pipe and Hondata Flashpro to see if that satiates you and you can get accustomed to the car's handling. I've been very happy with just IHE bolt-ons and a FlashPro tune.

Good luck with your purchase
Old 12-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Go2

Originally Posted by FurY
Originally Posted by psychoazn' timestamp='1355938688' post='22219786

No, you shouldn't be lowering the compression ratio. Hit up the Forced Induction forum to do some research and get your questions answered.

I'm not sure a boosted s2k is the best car for you, as it's a very unforgiving car.
I agree, nothing wrong with boosting a CR necessarily... totally up to the owner. I think what Go2 was getting at and what I agree with is... there were only 699 CR's ever made which makes it pretty special/unique and boosting it is a pretty major change to the car. Again, nothing wrong with that, to each their own. I think purists though will generally frown on that though. Just my $0.02.

OP - Best of luck in your research and do whatever you'll enjoy the most. And what psychoazn said is true about it being unforgiving... I used to own a turbo S2000 and can tell you that it's a lot more twitchy in the bends when you have that extra power.
Yep thats kinda what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear. I was on my lunch break and didnt have time to elaborate.

Hope you find the info you are after, and just maybe we'll see you on here as a new CR owner too
Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Go2
Originally Posted by FurY' timestamp='1355943356' post='22219959
[quote name='psychoazn' timestamp='1355938688' post='22219786']

Yep thats kinda what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear. I was on my lunch break and didnt have time to elaborate.

Hope you find the info you are after, and just maybe we'll see you on here as a new CR owner too
[/quote]

Thanks again guys, for the info, advice & general input.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:54 PM

I really enjoy the whole purist vs non purist debate. Especially how the so called purist likes to tell others what to do with their car, when the guy simply asks whether not he needs to do anything about compression when going SC'd.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just see it as "this car was made to be driven, and I sure drive mine, and encourage others to do the same" lol.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love driving the CR with the added power. Stock compression worked out well for me at 10PSI on 91 tune with meth/100 octane on track days. Try and stay away from the high pressure plate if you dont drive it a lot though. I lost my motor after 3 yrs and 10K miles...stripped the motor and everything is perfect except for the thrust bearing (I personally think it is a combination of the car sitting weeks at a time without being driven and having to hold the clutch to start the car).
Hope you are enjoying the car!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:08 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CrackerMacker
I really enjoy the whole purist vs non purist debate. Especially how the so called purist likes to tell others what to do with their car, when the guy simply asks whether not he needs to do anything about compression when going SC'd.
I really enjoy people who try to make a big deal out of something that isn't... especially how the so called know it all makes a pointless post that has no bearing on anything when previous posts had helpful information directing the OP to the forced induction forum for help.

I just see it as "this car was made to be driven, and I sure drive mine, and encourage others to do the same" lol.
Agreed
Old 12-21-2012, 10:06 AM

I agree with this as well, but I would rephrase like this : "this car was made to be enjoyed, and I sure enjoy mine, and encourage others to do the same", so enjoy it any way you want.

Quick Reply: S2000 CR Supercharging