S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Status Report

Old 03-26-2015, 05:35 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm going to go with your suggestion and get new springs and retainers. I'm actually glad you brought it to my attention. Which ones do you suggest and why? Looking around here, people first were saying supertech and now Ferrea.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The engine builders that I converse with prefer Ferrea over Supertech.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:46 PM

The Ferrea came in today. For the BC Stage 2s they suggested the beehive springs with the titanium retainers.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:24 PM

It's been a while but I finally got to installing a few things. I was trying to group things a little bit so I could do less trips to the garage and body shop.

You can't really tell, but I got a few things done to the engine(thanks Josh at Evasive for helping me out):
Mugen Intake...check
Mugen Header...check
Mugen thermostat...check
Mugen oil and radiator caps...check
Mugen coil cover...check
Mugen dress up bolts...check
ASM cooling plate...check
ASM coolant overflow tank...check
Samco radiator hose kit...check
BC Stage 2 cams...check
Ferrea springs, retainers, etc...check
Cusco carbon fiber strut bar...check

For the interior I did a few things as well.

I installed the hardtop locks from heeltoe:

My Mugen pedals:

And my daily Mugen shift knob:

A few things were done to the exterior

I had some ASM side diffusers put in. I really like them because they are super subtle. Just waiting on my WASP front splitter and JDP rear diffuser.

And the GPs have finally been mounted on some Michelins:

Tomorrow is my tune with Church. I was hoping to get it the coilovers and suspension put in because of the Eibach meet, but I'm just going to wait until I get everything so it can just be done in one shot.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:34 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by slo_guy
It's been a while but I finally got to installing a few things. I was trying to group things a little bit so I could do less trips to the garage and body shop. You can't really tell, but I got a few things done to the engine(thanks Josh at Evasive for helping me out): Mugen Intake...check Mugen Header...check Mugen thermostat...check Mugen oil and radiator caps...check Mugen coil cover...check Mugen dress up bolts...check ASM cooling plate...check ASM coolant overflow tank...check Samco radiator hose kit...check BC Stage 2 cams...check Ferrea springs, retainers, etc...check Cusco carbon fiber strut bar...check For the interior I did a few things as well. I installed the hardtop locks from heeltoe: My Mugen pedals: And my daily Mugen shift knob: A few things were done to the exterior I had some ASM side diffusers put in. I really like them because they are super subtle. Just waiting on my WASP front splitter and JDP rear diffuser. And the GPs have finally been mounted on some Michelins: Tomorrow is my tune with Church. I was hoping to get it the coilovers and suspension put in because of the Eibach meet, but I'm just going to wait until I get everything so it can just be done in one shot.
Thoughts on the HT locks?
Old 05-12-2015, 05:57 PM

To be honest... I like the peace of mind and the fact that they are so easy to put on, but I don't like how they don't sit flush, and how you have to jiggle it around to lock it.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:32 PM

Went here:

Got this:

Shaun said that if I replaced the Berk HFC with a TP, I could get another 10-15 HP and more mid range power because he can drop VTEC to around 4000.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That whole mid-range will pickup with a test pipe. My engine is losing power.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by takchi
My engine is losing power.
Wait what?

Quick Reply: Status Report