S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Thought I'd introduce my 2nd CR, #598 RYP s2000

Old 08-15-2018, 08:52 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Wink Thought I'd introduce my 2nd CR, #598 RYP s2000

Let me tell you a quick background on my s2000 ownership as my love for the s2000 can only be shared with my love for the NSX!~

The last RYP I had was a 2005 and it was probably one of my most favorite cars simply because the Comptech supercharger was so rock solid reliable. Back them I was single and living life as a bachelor so the car was my daily driver to go pretty much anywhere as trunk space or needing a 4-seater was not even a topic back then. I never had any issues with the car or the CTSC and when I sold her years ago, it was to move into the holy grail, a 2009 GPW s2000. I thought it would be my last s2000

Nothing was wrong with the GPW and loved her as the stable mate to my GPW NSX but as the years passed I realized the only s2000 I never owned was a CR! A local buddy was a bad influence on me since ever since I saw his GPW CR, I knew I no longer cared about having a soft top and really wanted to own a CR as well. I also came to a realization that the s2000 body looks BEST in RYP. I know color is subjective so this is just my opinion.....

For the next couple years I kept my eyes open for a RYP CR but never found one. I finally settled for a BB CR only because I had to get one. The BB CR car was perfection in every way and drove very nicely. The ride was a bit firm so it took a little getting used to. Car was 100% stock and I had a full paint correction done. But secretly in the back of my mind I was still searching for my RYP CR and about 6 months ago, I found a really clean example that was well taken cared of by another s2ki member and fellow car guy! He was super cool and we talked via chat many nights discussing the car, it's condition, and how we were going to do the deal since he was about as far away as you could possible by in PR! I have to say a special thanks to Omar because he went out of his way to make me feel comfortable since I was essentially buying the car sight un-seen. It's a true asset to have another s2000 owner like him in this community. If it wasn't for his effort to help me, I probably would not have gotten the car.

Fast forward 6 months and I'm finally getting settled into ownership and getting the car dialed in the way I want. I have yet to drive her more than a few miles mainly to a car show because of other family priorities but planning to keep this car a very long time! Will update this thread as I have time since right now our home remodel is taking most of my free time.

Hope you guys enjoyed my long winded story, I'm truly a blessed guy and very thankful for all the friends I have made in this community

I'm the very proud owner of #598 and she will be a total keeper!

thanks
rick

This was the iconic RYP s2000 that started my love for Rio Yellow! (had a 2001 Spa previously but prefer Rio for sure)

My 09 GPW fully converted to CR "look" with soft top:

Rare photo of both my GPW babies together:

This was roughly in 2010 when I realized I was ready to sell my 09 GPW for a CR which belonged to my buddy:

This was first BB CR - I had her fully detailed and 100% stock:

#598 RYP s2000 on D-day awaiting transport via ocean ship stateside:

Guess the phrase "once you go black, you never go back" didn't apply to me since I finally found my keeper who will share garage space with my toys:

Decided to spruce her up a bit with some custom Alcantara trim pieces and a pair of custom Recaro bucket seats plus a custom CF steering wheel:

At her first car show with my kids:

Decided to go topless which is my favorite view and way to drive her!

Very lucky to still be able to own 2-seater very impractical cars with these guys in tow:

Last edited by s4play; 08-15-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:59 AM

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats on getting a beautiful CR! Great story and great pics!
Old 08-19-2018, 09:44 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What lip protector is that? Clean car
Old 08-21-2018, 02:57 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Very nice Rick!
Old 08-24-2018, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You really have a beautiful car S4play. Not me but a close friend of mine too have purchased the same car a few days back. It's his dream car too and really excited for his new brand to arrive soon as it is now on its way being transported with the help of Florida Transporter, about which he got to know through the site here. After getting know to the features of the car, I am very much attracted towards it and thinking to buy for myself too.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by WayneRussel
You really have a beautiful car S4play. Not me but a close friend of mine too have purchased the same car a few days back. It's his dream car too and really excited for his new brand to arrive soon as it is now on its way being transported with the help of Florida Transporter, about which he got to know through the site here. After getting know to the features of the car, I am very much attracted towards it and thinking to buy for myself too.
Congrats ~ did he buy the 2009 that was sold on BAT?

Old 08-30-2018, 10:15 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats, Rick! I think RYP is growing on me. I’m going to be on the hunt for a yellow CR starting.... now.
The following users liked this post:
s4play (09-14-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 08:31 AM

thanks guys, loving the car so far!

However I should have drove it more while I could - suffered an Achilles injury over Labor Day and it's my clutch foot so going to be MIA for a while. It's weird how we take simple things like walking and driving for granted until you can't do it anymore

I am a hardcore manual tranny guy but right now pretty glad at least a few of my cars are "Auto" so I can just hit those paddles LOL
Old 09-05-2018, 08:36 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats Rick.
The following users liked this post:
s4play (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 11:50 AM

Special thanks to member "skafia" for his assistance, now I have a new piece of garage art to hang up in my collection!

Stay tuned for some pics, TGIF!

Happy Friday!

Quick Reply: Thought I'd introduce my 2nd CR, #598 RYP s2000