S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Titan 7 Satin Titanium T-S5 Wheel 17x9.5 5x114.3 57mm Stock CR Fitment?

Old 09-24-2018, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shift9303
I have the same setup. I autocross my car. I did end up rubbing badly enough in the rear to buckle a rear fender slightly. I'm running -3* camber in the rear at stock height. Fixable with PDR but it's damage I'd rather avoid. Results may vary but 17x9.5 +57 may be right at the edge of variances. Vs how 17x9+63 is pretty much universally safe.

hmm I’m confused, I’m lowered on ohlins with same amount of camber with no issues after bumper tab relocation. Do you have the TS5s?
Old 09-24-2018, 05:28 PM

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 05ap2ftw

hmm I’m confused, I’m lowered on ohlins with same amount of camber with no issues after bumper tab relocation. Do you have the TS5s?
Yes, I get the feeling that the 17x9.5+57 sizing is right at the edge of what you can and can't get away without rolling. This is probably also an issue between minute manufacturing and assembly variances of the chassis. Ended up having to roll the fender and because of the damage it wrinkled slightly while rolling. Most people don't notice but it bugs me because it's my car. C'est la vie. Pretty much resolved to eventually go wide body and super charge a la Evasive's time attack builds. Except with an interior so still somewhat streetable.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:07 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

These specs are doable in the rear even if you are lowered a little but the front is another story. Like 05ap2FTW said ride height plays a big role in makeing these fit. Camber can help make things fit the rear and in a straight line it helps the front as well. The issue comes in when the wheels are turned and especially an issue if they are close to full lock and the lower the car is the easier it is to have an issue. If you are rubbing the fender liner in the front (look for missing clips on the arch or places where it is fraying) there is risk of damage to the fender. You could get lucky and not have an issue. If you drive carefully especially anytime the wheels are turned hard and the suspension is compressed. The fronts are far more prone to damage since they are very thin and the little fender lip is very easy for the tire to grab. The rears are far stronger and while they make more noise when something rubs it takes a pretty major circumstances for damage to happen and again since the rear wheels only ever point one direction there is less chance of damage occurring.