S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Welcome 2009 CR #677 in Rio Yellow w/AC

Old 09-05-2018, 02:24 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Welcome 2009 CR #677 in Rio Yellow w/AC

Hey everybody, I just picked up CR #677 from Michael J (as listed on the roll call) from Paso Robles CA and now it resides alongside my 2008 CR #405 Delete in Long Beach.

I first saw this car a year ago (referred to by the infamous Vanishing Point!) and I wasn't in the position to buy at the time so I kept in contact with Michael on its status ever since. He said he had a couple of other buyers interested in the car but mentioned he wanted to sell it to me and would wait until I was ready. It almost sounded like Michael really didn't want to sell until the right buyer came along (Thanks Mike!). 13 months later, I finally was able to save up enough money so I texted him during Monterey Car Week saying "Hey Mike, I'm coming up this weekend to pick her up" and now here I am.

The car has zero registered owners and has 104 original miles. Michael's good friend Steve S was the original "owner". Steve S. was quite the car collector, he had over 30 yellow cars in his collection including a Diablo and an 02 NSX. When he heard about the S2000 CR he knew he had to get a yellow one to match and went on a nationwide search with Michael's help for a 2009 (he liked having last model year cars). They found this example in Tampa with 59 miles and had it quickly shipped over to San Luis Obispo in May of 2010 for $5k below sticker (I guess CRs weren't so hot at this time?). Steve owned the car for a couple of years without really driving it and after his passing, Michael took ownership and cared for the car ever since (oil was changed every 6 months, fluids were changed according to the recommended time intervals, and driven around the block monthly).

This car is an absolute time machine. The exterior is perfect and the interior still smells brand new. It has the original battery (surprisingly healthy), original tires (yes I know they're probably unsafe), window sticker, all books, MSO (Manufacture's Statement of Origin), dealer chalk and barcodes on the windows, the original SRS tag for the passenger airbag, and Michael also mentioned that it has never even been washed! I imagine this is how the car presented (inside and out) when parked new at Brandon Honda back in 2010.

What will I do with this car you may ask? Well, nothing really. It would be a shame to register her as I'm not sure how many other "NEW" AP2s (let alone a CR) are out there. Sadly, she will stay a garage queen and will rarely see the light of day. Bash me if you will but I made a promise to Michael that I will preserve her as a "museum piece". I did tell Michael that I would only sell her if I came across a 2009 Unregistered "Delete"! I'll have a photoshoot with the ABP soon, but for now, enjoy these pictures.

Thanks for reading!

^ When I first saw her over a year ago

^ Original markings from the dealership that it was transferred to in SLO.

^ Dealer inventory barcode?

^ My first yellow car, I love Rio so much. It looks great in any light and now my second favorite behind New Imola Orange Pearl on the NSX. These were in direct sunlight.

^ These GXPs are pretty cool, especially the one with the hard top

^ Prepping the trailer for her voyage home to SoCal.

^ Back home in SoCal with her stable mate

^ Rio yellow under flourescent lights and a camera flash

^ And I thought my ABP had a clean engine bay!

^ Quick photo of the under carriage

^ 104 miles

^ Original Monroney

^ Delivered with 59 miles, this means Steve/Michael only drove the car 45 miles in over 8 years.

^ $33,500, one hell of a deal.

^ Original listing from Brandon Honda

- Steve/Michael had some interesting conversations with the infamous Ben (from NSXPrime) in regards to VIN decoding and production counts.

^ 4/8 produced for 2009.

^ Purchased on 5/25/2010

^ Original MSO

^ SRS Warning tag

^ Rio Yellow in indirect sunlight
Old 09-05-2018, 03:51 PM

Received 280 Likes on 140 Posts

Wow, just superb. Congratulations!
Old 09-05-2018, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Omg!!!!!
Old 09-05-2018, 05:03 PM

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Don’t touch it! Don’t even look at it! Lol. That deserves to be in a museum. Unbelievable and I’m glad it went to someone like you. I thought my cars had low miles haha. Congratulations!!!!!
Old 09-05-2018, 05:12 PM

Received 207 Likes on 187 Posts

Unicorns do exist! Nice.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:47 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

What a responsibility to be a steward of this relic. Congrats.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:39 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Great story, color, and car overall, this is a special CR!
Old 09-07-2018, 10:09 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Great story!

Can you help me scan a copy of the window sticker in high res? I want to photoshop it to match my car's VIN and info to frame.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:14 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by twohoos
Wow, just superb. Congratulations!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by mattk20
Don’t touch it! Don’t even look at it! Lol. That deserves to be in a museum. Unbelievable and I’m glad it went to someone like you. I thought my cars had low miles haha. Congratulations!!!!!
Thanks! I definitely need to build a garage with a glass display case for her.

Originally Posted by Birdybog
Unicorns do exist! Nice.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by CenturionS2K
What a responsibility to be a steward of this relic. Congrats.
I know, the pressure is on!

Originally Posted by Sterling Sackey
Great story, color, and car overall, this is a special CR!
Thanks Sterling!

Originally Posted by s4play
Great story!

Can you help me scan a copy of the window sticker in high res? I want to photoshop it to match my car's VIN and info to frame.
Here ya go, it's over 80MB: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1871/...9109ae95_o.png
Old 09-08-2018, 05:46 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

A bittersweet post.

I doubt I'll live to see when this car finally sells again and for what price but that seems the only reason to own it -- to sell it later.

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: Welcome 2009 CR #677 in Rio Yellow w/AC