S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

What if I put up my yellow 2600 mile cr?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kreeper
One thing I've noticed though, why is it no one with a CR seems to have had the balls to get it without AC & radio... I would KILL for the option to omit this stuff off a car list today!
Curious, have you removed the AC / radio from your car?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kreeper
This would be a great buy for someone looking to buy the closest thing to new for an s2000. I'd say do it and rake in the cash! One thing I've noticed though, why is it no one with a CR seems to have had the balls to get it without AC & radio... I would KILL for the option to omit this stuff off a car list today!Either way you'll be cruising in style, do what you think is right
Well first off they only made a handful (59 total) of Delete CR's and secondly the summertime temps tend to dictate where and when these cars are driven. I drive mine until it gets to near 100 degrees or my passengers tell me different, then it's time to park them till the fall of the year.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting.. Being in il, I almost never used the ac. But stereo yes..
Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was seriously pursuing purchasing an E9X M last year when I sold my 06 S2000. Test drove a couple, and really loved the car. Considering I was thinking of buying used, and most of the cars in my price range had about 40k miles, I was a little nervous about getting into a high tech BMW. I did like that the M3 felt a lot like the S2000 IMO. BUT, the shifter was probably a deal breaker for me. From time to time, I still dream about having a low mileage Alpine White E92 M, carbon roof, 6 speed manual, fox red interior. Yum. And if you're serious about getting into a '13, I think now is the right time. Considering it'll be the last year of the N/A M3s. Have you looked into European Delivery? Not sure if any dealers have allocations for them anymore, but that's an easy way to save a TON of money on a new M3.

As for your CR... if I wanted a Rio CR, I would easily pay at or around $30k for it.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

E92's are pretty sweet cars and every time I see one I do think to myself that I would love to have one. Drove one once and really enjoyed it.

Then...I come to S2KI and see that there are literally handfuls of people that went S2000 to E92 M3, and then a few months later miss the S2000 and sell the M3 and come straight back to the S2000. Everyone including myself thinks the extra power, luxury, and tech stuff would be nice, but what everyone seems to find is that none of that can replace the "feel" of the S so they come back. OF course not everyone comes back, but enough do. If I had a higher mileage AP1/AP2 and it was not in the best of shape I think it would totally be worth selling and getting the M3 and giving it a shot. In your case though you have an immaculate and low mileage CR which you will never find again or have the opportunity to buy if the M3 experiment turns into something you dont like. So I guess what I am saying is be very very sure that you are ready to move on, because you will be giving up a car that is irreplaceable (mileage/condition).

Good luck
Old 02-21-2013, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think 28k-30k is realistic if you don't want to sit on the car forever and deal with 80 people who come and waste your time.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Obviously, the best bet would be to keep the CR and find an M3. But I know for me, that wouldn't be financially impossible. Considering I was only without an S2000 for 3 months last year... I will never again sell an S2000 to get into something different. Like posted above, there have been WAY too many of us that have come back. The S2000 is just such a special car, and I honestly think it would be nearly impossible to go onto an M3 and not have the S2000 in the back of your head. Plus, you have an extremely rare find considering the miles. You will most likely not find another with that low miles down the road.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:37 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by FISH22
Obviously, the best bet would be to keep the CR and find an M3. But I know for me, that wouldn't be financially impossible. Considering I was only without an S2000 for 3 months last year... I will never again sell an S2000 to get into something different. Like posted above, there have been WAY too many of us that have come back. The S2000 is just such a special car, and I honestly think it would be nearly impossible to go onto an M3 and not have the S2000 in the back of your head. Plus, you have an extremely rare find considering the miles. You will most likely not find another with that low miles down the road.
Agreed... as the saying goes: "They always come back."
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 AM

That is why you need both as others have stated, CR for weekend and track, and E92 for a daily.

I personally have my CR and daily a 2011 335i Msport with competition wing, akarpovic exhaust, and cobb stage 1+ aggressive and couldn't be happier. Also fun when I beat a stock E92M3 if they want to run from a light.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by iLuveketchup
Originally Posted by s2kreeper' timestamp='1361421878' post='22352189
One thing I've noticed though, why is it no one with a CR seems to have had the balls to get it without AC & radio... I would KILL for the option to omit this stuff off a car list today!
Curious, have you removed the AC / radio from your car?
I dd my car and it is stripped (albeit with no roll cage, so I left stock SRS & roll bars in place for the time being). So yeah, ac system, radio, interior door panel, etc all gone.

I would not have it any other way. My door handles consist of red belts ala gt3 rs, except coming directly off of the mechanism, so at the far end of the door, making them more awkward to get at, but it's the lightest and I think it looks good

Quick Reply: What if I put up my yellow 2600 mile cr?