S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Will there be another CR Meet?

Old 07-26-2013, 08:25 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

My 2 cents...

Format Option 1 - More of the Same Fun We Experienced This Year!

If keeping the same type of event format for next year, I would go with the following locations as my choices given most owners live closer to them than the Midwest or East Coast. If we do keep the same format, we should consider diversifying our event calendar to include simultaneous drives/runs so owners can choose based on comfort/ability, opportunity to autocross/track the CR at the same venue, and maybe an activity or two for those who bring their co-captains (e.g. wives, girlfriends, blow-up dolls, etc.). No offense to the women who attended this year's event (Nicole and Sara kicked ass as evident on the track and canyon drives). I have to say that my better half was very patient throughout the whole event.
  • 1st choice - Bay Area/Oregon
  • 2nd choice - Arizona/Texas
  • 3rd choice - Las Vegas/So Cal
Format Option 2 - Think Bigger to Increase Participation and Sponsorship!

Establish a small calendar of CR Events (3-4 per year) targeted at regional attendance across the country. Every other year substitute one of the regional events for a national event (the "Big Daddy of the CR Events"). There are some big advantages to this type of format (very similar to the growth that car shows experience).
  • Provides much better traction towards greater owner participation in CR events across the country.
  • Ability to entice regional participants to attend the bi-annual national event given the anticipation and excitement of an upcoming national event.
  • Leverage regional sponsors to offset costs for the national event.
  • Opportunity for local owners to organize regional events with their own "geographic flavor."
Either option is fun for me given that I'm in my CR driving no matter what we do. It's nice to know that everyone enjoyed this year's event so much. Honestly, we need to keep connected as a group. There's not that many of us and like many other limited production car enthusiast groups we need to find events to connect yearly, keep building friendships, and have a lot of fun! That's what I enjoyed about this year's event.

Okay, that was more like 50 cents or a dollar worth of thoughts. Back to the wife...you know what they say, happy wife makes for more CR mods.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote for Vegas. I have attended a few car events with 100+ cars and they were a lot of fun.
Here is what most of the events consisted of.

Friday:
We could caravan from LA or OC area to Vegas.
Meet up in Barstow for photos/gas.
Check in to hotel, wash cars, receive registration information goodies, etc.
Have lunch/supper
Visit night club as group

Saturday:
Visit Las Vegas Car's and Coffee show
Depart to Spring Mountain Raceway
Parade lap
Sponsors display products/cars

Sunday:
Pool party
Raffle
Group Lunch

A problem I see is that we might not have enough attendees to have any pull with the hotels, since the number of people and cars is relatively small.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:05 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I suggest Ohio.......why ?

* Marysville Auto Plant is there with an opportunity to visit that plant and watch Accord and Acura TL production

* Honda R & D is there in Raymond just 10 minutes from the plant

* 2015 NSX production is there

* Mid-Ohio Sports Car course is 45 minutes away

* Honda is building a museum across the street from the plant on Honda Parkway
Old 07-27-2013, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Popeye

* Marysville Auto Plant is there with an opportunity to visit that plant and watch Accord and Acura TL production

I would entertain OH if traveling to the East Coast. Lots of Honda stuff to do plus I've heard OH raceway is a cool track to race.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 07-27-2013, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az

I would entertain OH location for an East Coast location as well. Lots of Honda stuff to do plus I've heard OH raceway is a cool track to race.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:24 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I suggest Ohio.......why ?* Marysville Auto Plant is there with an opportunity to visit that plant and watch Accord and Acura TL production * Honda R & D is there in Raymond just 10 minutes from the plant* 2015 NSX production is there * Mid-Ohio Sports Car course is 45 minutes away* Honda is building a museum across the street from the plant on Honda Parkway
Hmmm! This would be interesting and worthy of consideration.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up for Ohio..
Old 07-27-2013, 02:19 PM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
I don't think we "have to" tie this event to Honda, or anything Honda related. It sure is nice to do, but that greatly limits our options.
Agreed, I think it would be fantastic to tie Honda into the event wherever possible... but it may not make sense.

Originally Posted by goldenfri
East Coast.
x2

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Texas + Circuit of the Americas (F1 track) viable? What is there to do in Texas?

Alternatively, east coast and we can go with the annual S2ki trip to the Dragon....
I think these are good ideas

Originally Posted by des_si
How about the Chicago area?

It's mid way between the coasts to accommodate east coast folks also. There are several tracks nearby and SO much to do here for the non-track people!

Also like this idea

God bless you popeye, just saved me some typing

Obviously I have some bias with this idea since I live in OH but I think popeye hit on a lot of great points as to why Ohio could be a legitimate option. You can still incorporate Honda into the trip with Honda R&D and the Marysville factory (new NSX!), Mid Ohio is a GREAT track that I think everyone would truly enjoy, etc. The only problem I see with this option is that while it's somewhat centrally located in the US, which I think would give those of us located in the more eastern or middle part of the US a chance to attend who couldn't make the CA meet... it's still a bit of a haul for the west coast guys.

Originally Posted by rebel yel
Thumbs up for Ohio..
I'd have absolutely no excuse for not attending if it was held in OH
Old 07-27-2013, 05:45 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I was hoping CR owners east of the Mississippi would chime in on this thread. Other than FurY it would seem there isn't much interest in a meet closer to the east coast.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:54 PM

I we would do Ohio I would want a longer event including 2 track days. It's. long drive for the West coast group.

Quick Reply: Will there be another CR Meet?