S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Wilwood BBK Installed (Stock CR wheels)

Old 08-15-2012, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wilwoods have known issues if used for track use fyi, if just being used for spirited driving and daily use they are fine, but alot of failures occurring on the track due to extra sustained heat loads. Pistons seizing up.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by odb812
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point' timestamp='1345054386' post='21939434
^^^

At stock ride height you should be fine with the 5MM spacer/tires.
With the 225 he's also getting 5mm of extra tire on each side of the wheel and a little more rolling diameter, too. How much camber do you have in the front, Eric? You may want to pick up the spacers and drive around with them on for a while before you pull the trigger on the BBK.
Good idea on the spacers though i'm still running 215 right now..just plan to go bigger later. I have -3 camber on the front.

Originally Posted by Biohazard
wilwoods have known issues if used for track use fyi, if just being used for spirited driving and daily use they are fine, but alot of failures occurring on the track due to extra sustained heat loads. Pistons seizing up.
Yea I was afraid of that. I know they don't have the best reputation on the track but i'm tired of swapping rotors! haha I miss my bbk but I want to keep the stock wheels and not roll the fenders while running the largest tire I can. I'm asking too much haha. Gotta compromise somewhere.

EDIT: Forgot if I wanted to do 5mm spacer i'd need extended studs..sigh
Old 08-15-2012, 04:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ericshun
Yea I was afraid of that. I know they don't have the best reputation on the track but i'm tired of swapping rotors! haha I miss my bbk but I want to keep the stock wheels and not roll the fenders while running the largest tire I can. I'm asking too much haha. Gotta compromise somewhere.

I'm in the same boat. I really like that Essex/AP BBK, but there's no way that will fit without rolling the fenders. For now I just always have a spare set of front rotors on hand. Unless I commit to a single group that I would like to compete in with the car--or at least decide if I want to focus on track or autox--I'll probably move to 2-piece rotors with stock calipers.

I'm at -1.9 camber in the front with a 225 on the stock wheel and I'm not rubbing at all on the track or at autox. Adding another degree of negative camber and 5mm spacers should cancel eachother out to an extent, but that's too many variables to make a safe assumption.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by odb812
Originally Posted by ericshun' timestamp='1345065379' post='21939925

I'm in the same boat. I really like that Essex/AP BBK, but there's no way that will fit without rolling the fenders. For now I just always have a spare set of front rotors on hand. Unless I commit to a single group that I would like to compete in with the car--or at least decide if I want to focus on track or autox--I'll probably move to 2-piece rotors with stock calipers.

I'm at -1.9 camber in the front with a 225 on the stock wheel and I'm not rubbing at all on the track or at autox. Adding another degree of negative camber and 5mm spacers should cancel eachother out to an extent, but that's too many variables to make a safe assumption.
Cool, thanks for that info.

Snail, did you have to modify the heat shield? I have brake ducting through mine so I need to keep that in mind!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:14 PM

Yeah, I had to trim it at three places with the ziz-wheel for the rotors to fit.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice work, was curious to know how to pull this off.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by TheSnail
Yeah, I had to trim it at three places with the ziz-wheel for the rotors to fit.
do you have pics of where you trimmed it?
Old 08-21-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Biohazard
Can you share what known issues you speak of?

Ive been looking at this exact kit specifically to curb my brake consumption costs at the track. I know the dynalite caliper makes a poor front brake (many other S2K wilwood kits use the dynalite), but this kit uses the superlite which is fantastic and is used extensively by corvette and mustang guys in road racing and innumerable other race cars. I know their calipers don't use dust boots (few racing calipers do), and they require safety wire retainers on the rotor to hat mating (this is a good thing in my mind), but these are just the trade-off for getting rotors that last and thicker, cheaper pads.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 AM

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

i would love a BBK
Wonder if these will fit 17x7.5 48et Rpf1
Old 10-22-2018, 08:31 AM

I wonder if the same kits would have the same ease in ap2v1 rims