S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Would you....

Old 06-11-2011, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you....

Trade in your S2000 CR for a new Mustang 5.0? Let me start by saying ever since I could remember I HATED mustangs for a number of reasons. As I grew older I learned to appreciate them, but still not crazy about them. Then the 5.0 came out. The car is insane. 12.7 out of the box and basic bolt ons and tires get it into the 11 sec range. The car seems like it can handle too! Ford offers some nice options like 3.73 gears and brembos. Don't get me wrong, I love my s2k, and I didn't buy it to be a roll racer or a drag guy, but I would like some more power...haha. I never had a car with crazy power. This is my most powerful car yet. I care about more than just straight line speed but 400hp seems like a ton of fun. I'm just afraid I would miss the s2k despite my new found horsepower and tq. I'm in love with the way the s2k looks, drives, handles, and just feels. Its a really fun car for me. I just wanted to post this to see how you guys feel about the car and would you trade provided you got good money for your CR.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:58 PM

HELL NO!!!!!!!! Mustangs have come a long way, yes, but not far enough. And I would never buy any car that's sold to rental fleets anyways.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:32 AM

i see where u r coming from
those new mustangs are very impressive. but was never fan of mustangs because i see them every 10 seconds on the road
somehow rare cars like integra type-R, NSX and s2000 are attractive to me.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:43 AM

I wouldn't for a Mustang. If I could find a great deal on a Lotus Exige or a Porsche 911 GT3...
Old 06-12-2011, 04:53 AM

look at youtube for Getrag tranny problems!!. The only question that you have to answer yourself is if you would trade your purpuse biult handling CR s2000 for a fun 5.0 Mustang. Is the answer is yes. Go ahead, if it's no keep the S.

I've driven the new mustang and the nose is too heavy for me. I could never change my s2k for a front heavy car.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:22 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

No, not even a consideration in my mind. I've driven the new Mustang in stock form, the Shelby and the Roush versions and I still find the CR to be the better car. Not as fast per se, but a better balanced, fun, handling car that captures the essence of what a true sports car is meant to be. Will the CR always hold this fascination for me? I say yes, because even as it's engineering becomes dated, it still exudes a level of handling and performance few can match for the price.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:09 AM

This idea brings one thing to mind...
Old 06-12-2011, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tough call but I think it will take a test drive. The new gt reviews very well and even compares well to the m3.

They are very different cars that can't be compared but you have to decide what you like best. Don't let other people influence your decision!!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 AM

OP, I have a better idea. You can get the 5.0 engine brand new from Ford for just $7k. It shouldn't weigh much more than your F22C, so you could still retain your 50/50 weight distribution. Put it in the CR and have a blast!

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11829
Old 06-12-2011, 11:37 AM

A lot of you guys make great points. I have never drove the mustang. I am just guessing since they say its on par with the m3 it would handle well and be fun to drive. The one thing I really like about the s2k is just how it feels, nothing else really in the car, it feels so light and everything is in the right place. I agree with another member...one thing that kills the mustang for me is how common it is on the street. My CR isn't really like anything else on the street lol. Most of my friends told me to keep the car and if I REALLY want more power go with an SOS s/c or an LS1 lol. Still though, the mustangs got me thinking. I'll def. go test drive one hopefully this week just to see what hype is all about

Quick Reply: Would you....