S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

2018 - LED bulbs to replace high beams - any good option?

Old 02-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
Are the pics on your site of the s2000 model specific H1 LEDs? I recently bought (and returned) a set of H1 LEDs from an established vendor. Their units were high quality and look very similar to your new LEDs, but they did not fit the OEM s2000 headlight housing.

The collar that mounts to the back of the back of the high beam housing was way too thin. The OEM bulb retaining clip wouldn't secure the LED unit at all. It would just fall out of the housing. Your unit looks almost identical, so I don't want to experience the same issue.
Would you mind sharing which LED bulb that didn't fit?

I'm looking into upgrading my high beams too.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JS2k.com
The pictured LEDs on my site are the old versions. The new ones will be brighter. I should get my shipment in a week or so.

The LED bulbs I make are custom fit for the S2000 headlights, because yes, most LED bulbs will not fit and just fall out.
Thanks for the prompt reply and clarification. Look forward to seeing your new LEDs. Great that you're still making new products and supporting the s2k platform!
Old 02-01-2018, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by manystyles
Would you mind sharing which LED bulb that didn't fit?

I'm looking into upgrading my high beams too.
They were the DDM Tuning "Raptor" H1 LED units. Had positive experiences with DDM's products for previous cars. It took several weeks to for them to be delivered from the manufacturer in China. To DDM's credit, they waved the restocking fee for my return because the LEDs didn't fit. They weren't very bright though.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:58 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

DDM was good last I used them, but if you're looking to buy, JS2k is an established vendor with a good reputation.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:40 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I'd also look into The Retrofit Source for bulbs too. I'm looking into doing a PNP HID for my GSR and buying new OSRAM CBI HID bulbs for my AP2.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Saki GT
DDM was good last I used them, but if you're looking to buy, JS2k is an established vendor with a good reputation.
thanks, I've purchased items from JS2k before. They do carry nice products and have excellent customer service, which makes me even more excited to see their new H1 LEDs. Regular halogen H1s are ugly, esp as DRLs!

Originally Posted by manystyles
I'd also look into The Retrofit Source for bulbs too. I'm looking into doing a PNP HID for my GSR and buying new OSRAM CBI HID bulbs for my AP2.
TRS is also a reputable vendor. FWIW, I used DDM Tuning HIDs in my JDM Subaru WRX STi projector lights. Still had the RHD beam pattern, but the HIDs worked great.

I did the Osram CBIs in my ap2, and those are pretty awesome, esp for the price l, too.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:25 PM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

IMO, DDM is not very good. Their quality is some of the cheapest quality stuff. They ship direct from China, likely their parent company, and their US operations are not run well.

Their HIDs I bought several years ago, the several sets of bulbs were all the wrong color, 6000K marked as 5000K, random greenish spots on bulbs, and I had to go through several sets before I was satisfied. Unfortunately one ballast ignites intermittently after a month. This is consistent with a lot of feedback I've heard online and in person.

TRS has quality stuff, I'd recommend them. They source and manufacture their own stuff, like I do. They also actually care about quality and customer service, like I do. I can get fellow S2000 owners better deals on LEDs though.

Last edited by JS2k.com; 02-02-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:11 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

JS2k - when do you expect to have the new LED highbeams available?
Old 02-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by rpg51
JS2k - when do you expect to have the new LED highbeams available?
Hoping to have them in stock later this week or early next week.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:17 PM
Sponsor

Videos are still being processed, but I'll share the images.

The LEDs are indeed much brighter in the foreground and in the distance. It's easier to see in the picture aimed at the house.
The beam is also much wider and more even. Oddly enough, the stock headlight is the one with an odd hotspot.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.

Quick Reply: 2018 - LED bulbs to replace high beams - any good option?