S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

2018 - LED bulbs to replace high beams - any good option?

Old 02-16-2018, 11:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks promising. Any DRL comparison pics?
Old 02-16-2018, 12:42 PM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
looks promising. Any DRL comparison pics?
Edit: I'm wrong, I just tested this today. The DRL circuit uses a pulsed lower voltage to illuminate the halogen bulb. This will not work for 06+ as DRLs.
Emails going out to people who bought them.

Edit:

I figure I'd post a new thread since this thread is already quite long.

You can check out my full review of the LED headlights for the S2000 high beam.

A link to all our LEDs for S2000s: LED Conversions : JS2K.com!
Or for the LED headlights directly: Supernova LED High Beam / DRL Bulbs (Pair) - $59.99 : JS2K.com!

For your non-S2000 vehicles, find out what LEDs fit your car by using our LED finder here: Supernova LEDs - Home page - Quality LEDs for your Car. Just plug in your car, and we'll show you what LEDs fit your car.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.

Last edited by JS2k.com; 02-24-2018 at 10:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tom9933 (08-19-2019)
Old 02-23-2018, 09:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JS2k.com
I probably won't be able to get any anytime soon. However, I can assure that the LEDs will be brighter than the DRL. Even my old version was brighter than the halogen DRLs.
Part of the reason is because the the DRLs function by sending a reduced voltage going to the bulb. This lower voltage results in a brighter output over halogens because halogens require more voltage to reach the same brightness.

Edit:

I figure I'd post a new thread since this thread is already quite long.

You can check out my full review of the LED headlights for the S2000 high beam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkrKKnpZ-P8

A link to all our LEDs for S2000s: LED Conversions : JS2K.com!
Or for the LED headlights directly: Supernova LED High Beam / DRL Bulbs (Pair) - $59.99 : JS2K.com!

For your non-S2000 vehicles, find out what LEDs fit your car by using our LED finder here: Supernova LEDs - Home page - Quality LEDs for your Car. Just plug in your car, and we'll show you what LEDs fit your car.

is this both highbeam and drl bulb replacement or do you need a full kit plug and play ?
Old 02-24-2018, 10:35 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kid Ap2000

is this both highbeam and drl bulb replacement or do you need a full kit plug and play ?

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviving this thread to provide a solution. We now have a custom harness + LED solution that will allow any S2000 00-05 or 06+ or DRL equipped S2000s to upgrade to LED High Beams and DRLs.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-mo.../#post24519948

DRL + High Beam + Custom Harness: http://www.js2k.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_8&product s_id=167
High Beam LED only: http://www.js2k.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=158

Ignore this below.
On the 06+ with DRLs, the LEDs won't work as DRLs. The LEDs will do work as high beams, but the voltage is too low on the DRL circuit, and the LEDs barely illuminate.
Why? Instead of using a true dual intensity bulb, one dedicated circuit for low beam or DRL and one dedicated circuit for high beams, the S2000 uses a single filament bulb, and runs it at a lower voltage / pulsed voltage to be a bit dimmer than normal. While this works for a halogen bulb, it doesn't work well with LEDs.

For DRLs, we have 2 solutions:
1. an external DRL module solution, pictured below.
2. rewiring the DRL using an external LED DRL controller, but you'd lose the high beam functionality.

_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.

Last edited by JS2k.com; 10-08-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:52 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Update:

Weather has been great and finally decide to install brand new OEM headlights, CBB HID bulbs and Profile Peak LED high beams.

First, one of the CBB bulbs were broken, 2nd, the LED bulbs didn't fit. Pretty frustrating, but at least I've mastered removing the bumper and headlights LOL!

Js2k, when will you have the high beam LED bulbs in stock?

Cheers,
Alex
Old 04-29-2018, 05:50 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

When replacing hi beam bulbs with LED or HID, you may need to use some type of bulb holder adapter. The OEM H1 bulbs have a big plastic piece that holds the actual bulb in place. I recently installed DDM Saber Pro 50W LED bulbs and also used these to hold them in place:
Amazon Amazon
. The adapters made it so the bulbs are held in place nicely. DDM Saber Pro LED bulbs are insanely bright too. In fact, I just put them in both my S2000 and Tacoma because I liked them so much.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by treimche
When replacing hi beam bulbs with LED or HID, you may need to use some type of bulb holder adapter. The OEM H1 bulbs have a big plastic piece that holds the actual bulb in place. I recently installed DDM Saber Pro 50W LED bulbs and also used these to hold them in place:
Amazon Amazon
. The adapters made it so the bulbs are held in place nicely. DDM Saber Pro LED bulbs are insanely bright too. In fact, I just put them in both my S2000 and Tacoma because I liked them so much.
Perfect! I really wanted the LEDs to fit before selling/returning them.

Did you use those exact Accord H1 adapters?
Old 04-29-2018, 08:01 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by manystyles
Perfect! I really wanted the LEDs to fit before selling/returning them.

Did you use those exact Accord H1 adapters?
That link is exactly what I used. There are a couple different types, but this one worked.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by treimche
That link is exactly what I used. There are a couple different types, but this one worked.
Thanks!
Old 04-30-2018, 06:27 AM
Sponsor

Our LED Headlight Conversions include the custom S2000 adapter for the S2000

Supernova LED High Beam (Pair) - $59.99 : JS2K.com!

_________

Quick Reply: 2018 - LED bulbs to replace high beams - any good option?