S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

acura rsx bose spare tire sub installed in s2000

Old 04-08-2005, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm gonna give this a try. thanks for the diagram. hope it's as easy to install as it looks.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easy as pie
Old 04-08-2005, 10:28 PM

You get better results using the bose as just an enclosure and powering it with a standalone 150W amp.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:44 PM
JL

I replaced the speaker with a better one and driving it with an external amp. Read this thread for more info. I've been enjoying the sub for a couple of years. I like it alot.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:43 PM

ok, just got my hands on one of these. boy are they tiny. but what do you expect for next to nothing.

hopefully someone could help me out here.

i'm stock and yeah, i know, aftermarket head unit is the way to go. but i'm just stock.

i've been reading the other threads about this and i was trying to figure out exactly what i needed.

rduff, i looked at your diagram and after reading every thread i could find on this, i got confused.

i was thinking that all i needed was just the inline fuse and the hi-lo level converter since i'm stock. is this all?

here's what i was gonna do:
-hook up the power line --> inline fuse --> ignition input (wht/red)
-connect the hi-lo level converter to the sub
-and now i don't know. do the wires just go into the back of the head unit?

considering i don't have any "skills" in audio installation, please help me out.

thanks in advance
Old 05-26-2010, 05:33 PM

nice write up! i will be doing this next wkend
Old 03-22-2011, 05:24 PM

nice write up! but i'm kinda confused on some things if you could help me out that would be great.

i'm putting my sub into a rsx w/o the bose deck, so basically i have to wire it up the same way you would in a s2k.

so the power wire, that can go to a ignition power source with an inline fuse, and that wire on the bose connection is red?

Name:  bose_removed.jpg
Views: 7155
Size:  45.2 KB

then i ground the black wire.

then the two green wires come from the line converter but what i don't get is that the rear speaker wires that i tap into go into the line converter, and then the rca outputs are supposed to go into the sub harness, so do i just strip the end (female) of the RCA and crimp on a female connecter and plug it into the two green wires on the same harness i circled?

oh and the silver thing in the pic is the amp right? the part that is mounted under the passenger side seat on the rsx is just basically the line converter which is not needed? (heard mixed things on this)

if this is right then i'll do a full DIY with pics and everything
Old 01-05-2013, 01:07 AM

Seems like a nice set up and keeping the stock appearance and space
Old 08-17-2015, 08:20 PM

I know this post is old, but I'm having some issues and maybe you guys that still have these can help?

I know this is older, but I also have the Modifry shift beeper, have any of you had issues with it overtime?

I got mine a long time ago. It has worked great and I love it. Recently it will stop working outta nowhere, and at the same time it does, I have a RSX sub woofer that's connected to the battery with a fuse and that stops working at the exact same time. Eventually or a couple weeks down the road both will start working again. I don't know how this is tied together. Any ideas?
Old 06-07-2018, 02:12 PM

Anyone?

Quick Reply: acura rsx bose spare tire sub installed in s2000