S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Dash cutting club

Old 04-02-2016, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So beside the JDM bezel to complete this set up but do we need this rear mount too ( see link below )? Can anyone confirm please ? I will be installing the Nexus 7 in case if you are wondering ......

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/331679933927
Old 04-07-2016, 06:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone ?
Old 04-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

A lot depends on who is the installer doing the work. We custom build everything needed to hold the dash trim and tablet in place.

A few questions people ask commonly to us (we have done over 20 of these types of installs) is how long will it take, how do you do it, why do you use this, that?

The typical answer is everything is custom made for each unique customer. Some want their tablets to be removable, others want it to sleeve in, others worry about glare, etc.

Way too many factors in such an install to cover each base. Most installs typically take a week to do so it's not an easy job.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@euroboutique/videos
Follow-Us Instagram/Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

Old 01-31-2017, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got mine done.

Here is the Radio. https://www.carjoying.com/new-androi...pip-m-655.html

Here is the video, skip to 2:34 for the radio segment.

Last edited by SIIKay; 01-31-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just posted yesterday but may have put it in the wrong section of "S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS and alarms "so here is the link to my dash cutting efforts. Installation of the electrical was maybe a few days but making the custom Bezel (fascia) took about 3 weeks as i kept modifying it so that it looked OEM and eye matched the colour to the colour of the dash. ("colour" is how we spell "color" in Australia in case USA readers think I have miss spelled it).
Air vent cut and modified so that the passenger still has air flow albeit restricted due to reduction of the lumen.
I made the fascia out of a dental self cured acrylic which you can hand mold to the stereo unit (after placing a layer of aluminum foil as a separator). The acrylic is extremely strong and sets hard in a few minutes. It is then trimmed using an angle grinder and imperfections filled with car bog ("bondo") and hand sanded , primed and spray painted using automotive paint.
I have the entire installation photographed and have some videos as well so i will eventually compile the whole lot and post on YouTube. I even took photos from behind the dash so people can see what is behind it and it shows that where i mounted my unit is the correct place as I could see from the back that there was the factory mounting plastics for the OEM Honda GPS (which would have been too small for what I wanted ).
People always ask on this topic, " How does the head unit stay in place?". The cut out is so close fitted that it only just fits into the hole that is cut . The bottom of the unit rests on the plastic shelf behind the S2000 dash (this is the area that sits above the middle vents that sit above the original stereo door). There is a mass of wires that has to be jammed in as the unit is pushed back. The unit does not move but when the fascia is mounted and the fascia can be sealed to the actual dash and the unit cannot come out. You could use Sikaflex as the sealant of first choice . Black silicone is also a second choice to seal the fascia to the dash. Small thin screws could also be sued to screw the fascia to the dash but you would see small screw holes and the heads of the screws.

Old 03-07-2018, 03:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i'll have to post pics when I get home BUT someone previously changed the dash and it's rough to fit just a Chinese back up cam. not sure the extent but I know the trim piece will get redone and the display is getting removed once I figure out how it's in there. lol I'm not sure if I'm keeping the car or not just yet but there are a LOT of wires running to nowhere so.. sigh. if I'm in the mess I may as well clean it up. first question, assuming the vents weren't cut what was it I read about a "thin display" that wouldn't need mods and just basically read off the head unit? how would you pros go about remedying the situation? some fabric is curling and like I said VERY loose fit and poor quality work in general. I'm getting the seats redone and the dash will really be the only eye sore left after that. plus the stereo and the sound quality is garbage. lol honestly worse than my 78 Datsun 280z haha. cheers and thanks in advance

Tony
Old 01-05-2021, 04:57 AM

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

Ok...joined the club.

A mess...

All cleaned up. Alpine ILX-W650 installed. Its 3" or so depth so no air duct cutting.

JDM bezel fits good...no gap.

The original radio location now holds an empty single din pocket for storage. Perfect for phone.
The following users liked this post:
pistolas s2000 (01-22-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 11:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there a part number for that single din?
Originally Posted by randomwalk101
Ok...joined the club.

A mess...

All cleaned up. Alpine ILX-W650 installed. Its 3" or so depth so no air duct cutting.

The original radio location now holds an empty single din pocket for storage. Perfect for phone.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:16 AM

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Clish
Is there a part number for that single din?
HONK830 from Amazon
Old 07-16-2021, 05:17 AM

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by randomwalk101
Ok...joined the club.

A mess...

Hey I'm wanting to do exactly this same shallow head unit with the JDM bezel etc...

Aside from the HU and bezel piece what did you need to securely mount the head unit?

Quick Reply: Dash cutting club