S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Digital gauge/dash setup? Monitor water temp, oil temp & oil pressure on one screen/gauge?

Old 12-28-2018, 09:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian300D
I purchased the Defi ZD off ali express when I couldn't stand my Defi Display link that I paid full retail and out the nose for. The Defi ZD clone works how I always dreamed, it has oil pressure, temp, water temp all in one screen. It only shows in metric, but oh well I am used to it now. Also for the $110 I paid for it shipped, it included every sensor for the unit! I had to buy a coolant pipe adapter ($7) to get that to work. I did notice the new yellow/amber color better matches interior versus the green, but doesn't show up very well with top down sunlight. On track those it was a tool that gave me confidence.

I never would have bought this knock off, but when my oil pressure stop working on old unit and Defi wanted $70 for a replacement wire.......well f that.
do you need to use the defi advance control unit for that?

i need another gauge, but dont want another gauge in the car, and would love to go this direction if the price is right.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJimmyV

do you need to use the defi advance control unit for that?

i need another gauge, but dont want another gauge in the car, and would love to go this direction if the price is right.
I also run the Defi ZD off AliExpress and for the price its fantastic! I have had it on my S2K for 2 years and before on my STi for a year. The unit comes with all the sensors, display, and control unit. As a bonus, I'm able to output my AEM Uego to the unit as well so I didn't have to mount the A/F gauge. My only gripe is that the connectors are poor so its hard to get them out and sometimes they short which is annoying in the middle of a session, but I usually pull into the pits and restart the car and they work again. Once again, for the money its worth it.

There are a couple of different ones on AliExpress so be cognizant before you purchase.
The following users liked this post:
DrJimmyV (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 07:12 PM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

I tried going the multi-measurement display but it just did not work for me. When I'm on track I want to be able to just easily flick my eyes to a certain location and get an instant read. So, I ripped all of the multi-display out and am now installing individual A-pillar and steering wheel cover gauges.

The following users liked this post:
DrJimmyV (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 01:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hecash
I tried going the multi-measurement display but it just did not work for me. When I'm on track I want to be able to just easily flick my eyes to a certain location and get an instant read. So, I ripped all of the multi-display out and am now installing individual A-pillar and steering wheel cover gauges.

I like that steering wheel cover idea. I will consider that, because I am in the same boat. What mounting brackets did you use? how did you mount the brackets? Thanks!
Old 12-31-2018, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by DrJimmyV
I like that steering wheel cover idea. I will consider that, because I am in the same boat. What mounting brackets did you use? how did you mount the brackets? Thanks!
I bought the pods from AliExpress. The metal mounting bracket has just enough height for you mount it beneath the cowl (cover) through slots. If you invert the mounts to locate the bottom of the mount against the inside of the cowl, you can locate where they will just manage to fit in the rear part. Put a witness mark in each location for the rear of the bracket upright. Then drill a tiny hole where the will start and end from underneath. Then cut a slot between the two points with a Dremel tool.

I'll try to remember to take an inside photo to post here so that you can see what the cumbersome explanation above was intended to convey.

Here is the pod

52mm Gauge Pods

Old 01-01-2019, 05:34 PM

Okay, I got the photo. Seeing it reminded me that I had to cut off three sides from each of the bases in order to align the uprights into the holes and fit into the inside of the cowl. The photos will show that......................Before final install, I will plastic weld the bases into the cowl.

Old 12-05-2020, 05:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does the final install look like?