S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

new iPod & iPhone compatible adaptor now available

Old 03-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default new iPod & iPhone compatible adaptor now available

hi guys --

USA Spec released an update to their integration device that allows both iPod and the iPhone to be used with the factory stereo. We now have applications for 2000-2009 Honda S2000.

USA Spec now supports the iPhone (both original and 3G) as well as the newest iPod devices. The new adaptor plays music, allows you to use the factory stereo buttons, and charges the devices while connected. We have these available here:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/int.../S2000/USASpec/

USA Spec is shipping these with the new interface adaptor and proper cable for the iPhone. The price has increased with the new cable - others sold online for less do not include the new cable require for iPhone / new iPod connectivity.

We include S2000 specific installation instructions with photos. You can be up and running in 15-20 minutes!

On a personal note, I am using one of these in our 2004, 2006, and my Toyota truck with my iPhone. These are incredible! They offer seamless integration with the stock stereos and charge while being installed. The audio quality to me seems to be a little better than the factory CD player, however, that could be my imagination. I particularly like how the adaptor pauses the iPod / iPhone when the car is turned off, and automatically restarts at the same point when the car is turned on. It makes listening to podcasts (radio programs I've downloaded) very easy. Having thousands of songs available while being able to control the device with the factory buttons has really turned me around the desire to replace the factory stereo with an aftermarket one. Installation was a snap and was completed in about 15 minutes. This is one of the favorite modifications I've made, because I use it every time I'm in the car!

Cheers,
-- Chris
Old 03-18-2009, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMAZING, this is just what ive been looking for.

Now if only I could find a DIY for it.

cheers!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tony241,Mar 18 2009, 10:24 PM
AMAZING, this is just what ive been looking for.

Now if only I could find a DIY for it.

cheers!
We include a step by step installation guide with photos for the S2000.

Cheers,
-- Chris
Old 03-19-2009, 09:51 AM

Can you control the iPhone (navigate playlists, etc.) when it is plugged in, or does it become slave to the head unit?
Old 03-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kamal,Mar 19 2009, 10:51 AM
Can you control the iPhone (navigate playlists, etc.) when it is plugged in, or does it become slave to the head unit?
You can control it both ways. Either with the factory stereo controls, or by hitting next disc, by controlling the iPod / iPhone itself.

Cheers,
-- Chris
Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Chris@SoS,Mar 19 2009, 09:59 AM
We include a step by step installation guide with photos for the S2000.

Cheers,
-- Chris
I have found it cheaper than what you guys advertise, i wouldn't be able to get the step by step instruction by email would I?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2009, 06:12 PM

If I were to order this device from another source for a cheaper price. Which one would be compatible with pre 2004 S2000's because on all of the websites it states specifically 2004 and up. And there is a PA11 and PA15 but I find mixed results with compatibility so I don't know which sources to trust. My assumption is the PA11 is the compatible one. Anyone know from personal experience?
Old 08-05-2009, 06:16 PM

Also I wanted to go out on a whim and ask if there was capability of USB Flash drives or possibility of integration with a different cable.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course you can find it cheaper somewhere online, but why would they email you the instructions for nothing? The price SOS is selling for is very reasonable. Plus if you guys didnt read carefully, there are many units floating around out there without the updated iphone 3g cable which causes engine noise once its starts charging. I work for a retail shop and we sell the unit for more than advertised at SOS.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:35 PM

ORDERED! Cant wait! How long does it usually take to ship? Im in FL,33165

Quick Reply: new iPod & iPhone compatible adaptor now available