S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

TerminatioN's In-Cabin 10" Sub Build

Old 04-05-2010, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can this be done with the soft top ?
Old 04-16-2010, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by jdmegtim,Apr 5 2010, 06:28 PM
can this be done with the soft top ?
if it can you wont be able to lower your top all the way down
Old 06-05-2010, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by u8myrice,Aug 14 2009, 01:20 AM
Props to the creativity and craftmanship of the sub, but did you really have to post it in S2000 to fish for compliments? lol, cmon man.
I don't he's fishing for compliments. Just to show the community something different and some creativity. This project inspired me to go with something similar but never thought about it. Sharing opens and horizons peoples minds through ideas. Very stupid of you to say hes fishing for compliments. You can go ahead and say that about everyone in the gallery or everyone who ever posted a picture of themselves or anything anywhere on the internet.

Good job overall. Love it. Killed it.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:46 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

A few comments, take it with a grain of salt but kudos to doing something different:

a) Your setup would only work for maybe 5-10% of s2ki population as few who have hardtops would ever give up their softtop. And CR owners would never add that type of weight...haha

b) Bass firing directly upwards into the rear glass would be good to reflect into the cabin but do you have any hardtop rattles?

c) Have you tried playing this with no hardtop? I bet you lose all your bass with this design....

d) There are a few guys who I've seen fiberglass x3 10w6's and another guy who did like x6 8" subs so this design is nothing new but I'm sure your budget is WAY below what they spent so good DIY
Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For anyone interested in this, I have a slightly new setup. I removed the old headunit and put in an Alpine IDA-305S. It's a digitial media headunit that plugs directly into my iPod.

There are two major plusses with this headunit:
1. It is compatible with the Alpine Imprint (which I bought and am using) which automatically tunes the system via a microphone for optimal sound.
2. Since the MP3s aren't being burnt onto a CD they are much higher quality (320kbps) although still lossey.

Anyways, the point is that the sound quality has increased dramatically and it's not really rattley at all with rock music (haven't tested Rap or heavy bass music yet)! I'm very impressed. I'll be adding some new videos soon.

Originally Posted by s4play
A few comments, take it with a grain of salt but kudos to doing something different:

a) Your setup would only work for maybe 5-10% of s2ki population as few who have hardtops would ever give up their softtop. And CR owners would never add that type of weight...haha

b) Bass firing directly upwards into the rear glass would be good to reflect into the cabin but do you have any hardtop rattles?

c) Have you tried playing this with no hardtop? I bet you lose all your bass with this design....

d) There are a few guys who I've seen fiberglass x3 10w6's and another guy who did like x6 8" subs so this design is nothing new but I'm sure your budget is WAY below what they spent so good DIY
a) I'm not looking to market this. I made it for me and me alone. I just posted up all the info in case anyone really wanted to replicate it. I try and do that with everything custom I do, just in case someone wants to do something similar along the road.

b) No rattles from the hardtop itself, no.

c) Yep, all the bass is lost, but again, I don't really care. I don't ever take the hard top off, so it's perfect for me.

d)Never seen the three 10w6s. Link? I saw the 6 subs that Mugenrios2k or whoever it was did, but I think they were 6" subs. It was cool, but not as functional as this is IMO. But yeah, my budget was waaaaay lower I'm sure.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:32 PM

Nicely done. I dig most of the rear mounted sub systems, and of course keeping the trunk useful. This can easily be expanded to two 10"s no?
Old 07-13-2011, 03:37 PM

I wonder how that actually sounds when sitting in the cabin. Nice work
Old 11-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Received 1,292 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Originally Posted by cvjoint
Nicely done. I dig most of the rear mounted sub systems, and of course keeping the trunk useful. This can easily be expanded to two 10"s no?
or 6 8's

/thread zombie
Old 08-29-2017, 09:09 PM

Hey man! really great work. I saw it on youtube and it directed me to here but unfortunately i cannot see any pic idk why.

I am new to the forum is there anything special i need to do to see pics here cuz literally all pics are kinda hidden.
Do you have the pics anywhere else that i can check the way you follow?
I just installed sub to my trunk but i can hear the bass cuz of my exhaust so i was thinking of doing something inside and i saw the tray under the soft top. Now i gotta figure out how to remove the soft top and do the woofer installation.

Thank you in advance and again great work!
Old 08-29-2017, 10:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shargose
Hey man! really great work. I saw it on youtube and it directed me to here but unfortunately i cannot see any pic idk why.

I am new to the forum is there anything special i need to do to see pics here cuz literally all pics are kinda hidden.
Do you have the pics anywhere else that i can check the way you follow?
I just installed sub to my trunk but i can hear the bass cuz of my exhaust so i was thinking of doing something inside and i saw the tray under the soft top. Now i gotta figure out how to remove the soft top and do the woofer installation.

Thank you in advance and again great work!
Hey man. Nope, no special permissions needed. Unfortunately Photobucket (the site where the images were hosted) randomly and without warning decided to break half the internet and try and make people pay to use their hosting or else it shows what you see now.

I will try and get the pictures rehosted and the links corrected tomorrow.

Edit: Pictures should be back up now.

Last edited by TerminatioN; 08-30-2017 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Did it.