Underseat subwoofer Kenwood KSC-SW11 fits - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Electronics
Reload this Page >

Underseat subwoofer Kenwood KSC-SW11 fits

Notices
S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Underseat subwoofer Kenwood KSC-SW11 fits

Old 03-19-2018, 05:10 PM

Default Underseat subwoofer Kenwood KSC-SW11 fits

just wanted to share this because I didn't find too many subs that fit under the seat when I was in the process of looking for under or behind the seat subwoofer for s2000. There are couple units that are known to fit, but I just installed mine over the weekend and I can say that the KSC-SW11 fits under the driver seat.

Initially I was thinking about placing the subwoofer behind the seat, but I accidentally "dropped/slipped" the subwoofer under the seat and it fit perfectly. I am 5ft 6 so I usually pull the seat up pretty close, but even so the sub fit without issues.

The subwoofer is rated at 75W which isn't a lot but I wasn't looking to have a rattling system anyways. The good thing is that it has a remote with volume and frequency filter, which allows for adjustment on the fly without having to go into your headunit for HPF adjustment. After adjusting, the sub definitely makes a difference, but it lacks in really low freq. Attached below is a list of powered subwoofers that I considered and their dimensions in inches. . I don't know what other subwoofers would fit, but there is definitely some room under the seat with the KSC-SW11, so some of them might fit. I think the Pioneer TS-WX130DA is an identical unit with more power, so if you're looking for more bass, maybe you can take a look at it.

The Following User Says Thank You to tsukasa36 For This Useful Post:
Rekka (03-19-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 12:04 AM

Thanks! Very nice specs. I have a Focal IBus 2.0, I placed behind the seat.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by tsukasa36 View Post
just wanted to share this because I didn't find too many subs that fit under the seat when I was in the process of looking for under or behind the seat subwoofer for s2000. There are couple units that are known to fit, but I just installed mine over the weekend and I can say that the KSC-SW11 fits under the driver seat.

Initially I was thinking about placing the subwoofer behind the seat, but I accidentally "dropped/slipped" the subwoofer under the seat and it fit perfectly. I am 5ft 6 so I usually pull the seat up pretty close, but even so the sub fit without issues.

The subwoofer is rated at 75W which isn't a lot but I wasn't looking to have a rattling system anyways. The good thing is that it has a remote with volume and frequency filter, which allows for adjustment on the fly without having to go into your headunit for HPF adjustment. After adjusting, the sub definitely makes a difference, but it lacks in really low freq. Attached below is a list of powered subwoofers that I considered and their dimensions in inches. . I don't know what other subwoofers would fit, but there is definitely some room under the seat with the KSC-SW11, so some of them might fit. I think the Pioneer TS-WX130DA is an identical unit with more power, so if you're looking for more bass, maybe you can take a look at it.

Just a heads up, the Pioneer is actually only 50 watts RMS vs 75w of the Kenwood.
I'm thinking of getting the Kenwood for under the seat. Fo you have any more input after having it for a while?Where did you run the battery wires through?
From your picture, it looks like there is a lot of room. Do you think the larger JBL would fit under the seat?
Old 08-23-2018, 02:32 PM

Su2uka! you are correct regarding the pioneer power output sorry.

so my setup is alpine UTE-62BT, polk something speakers and the kenwood sub. I originally thought the kendwood sub would be small, but honestly in S2000 cabin the size is perfect. It's not gonna wake up neighbors but for casual listening and oomph it's plenty.

I ran the cable directly from battery to the cabin. There is harness grommet on the passenger side that I pierced to run the wire. I was told you can also piggy back from an open spot on the fusebox as the current draw on the amp isnt' too much but the fuse cable I bought wouldn't fit so I just connected it directly to the battery. I found an existing ground near the fusebox so that's where I bolted the ground for the sub. Because people say not to run RCA cable along the power line, I ran the power line to the driver side along the sill and ran the RCA cable along the transmission tunnel.

I initially wanted the JBL unit and didn't think it would fit, but seeing that the kenwood unit fits and there is decent room around it, I would think it would fit, but I can't guarantee it.