S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Where in the world can I buy a key fob/remote?

Old 02-06-2007, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where in the world can I buy a key fob/remote?

After days of searching I've found out that the normal keyless entry fobs will only lock/unlock and open trunk. If you have an OEM alarm the normal fob will NOT work to arm/disarm the alarm. You have to buy the one w/ the "option" button instead of "trunk".

My problem is, I just bought an 01 GPW w/ Factory installed alarm, but I have NO key fobs at all! All I was given was 1 actual key to put in the ignition. I have no power door locks b/c I don't have the fobs, and I can't disarm the alarm. The Honda dealership has NO idea what I'm talking about. They told me they're is only one type of remote for the car. Where can I find the remote that can disarm/arm the alarm and NOT just the doorlocks?

Are the S2K remotes/fobs different from other models like "civic, accord, oddesey, etc?" I'm assuming the fcc# has to match the box. They only ones I can find are just the regular keyless enty remotes.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 02-07-2007, 06:29 AM

Jeff(Hardtopguy) sells them. If you bought th car at a Honda dealer tell them you want 2 of them. If your dealership doesn't know what a key fob is don't buy a car from them. Its the same fob as most other Honda's.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by darkknight1999,Feb 7 2007, 10:29 AM
Jeff(Hardtopguy) sells them. If you bought th car at a Honda dealer tell them you want 2 of them. If your dealership doesn't know what a key fob is don't buy a car from them. Its the same fob as most other Honda's.
Good people to deal with.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:52 PM
EJO

I have a MY00 with the OEM alarm and my key fob works to arm the alarm just by pressing the LOCK button on the fob.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:44 PM

Yeah, I bought the car at a used car dealership in GA. They didn't have any of the fobs. The local honda dealer says there's only one type of fob and that's for the keyless entry, not the alarm.

The alarm fob locks/unlocks, arms/disarms.
The keyless fob only locks/unlocks.

I didn't see any of the fobs on HTG site.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:06 PM

Call Hardtopguy and ask for Jeff.

The OEM factory alarm is controlled in conjuntion with the door locks. Its the same key fob as the regular one. When you add the Honda OEM alarm, its a plug in unit. You don't get new fobs you keep using the same ones.
Just go back to the dealer and order the regular OEM fobs.

It is the OEM alarm system right?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:32 PM

Oh, okay. Yes, its the factory alarm. I guess I was just confused. I was under the impression that there are 2 different kinds of key fobs. One with the "trunk" logo. The other with the "option" logo. The one w/ the "option" is the one you need for oem alarm. The one w/ the "trunk" is just the regular keyless entry.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:17 PM

I stand corrected... here's the PDF for the alarm install: http://www.handa-accessories.com/S2000/s2ksecurity.pdf
Old 02-08-2007, 08:09 AM

I just bought a MY03 and had the exact same problem. There are definitely two different key fobs. The OEM alarm key fob has the "option" button that works w/the trunk, and looks different from the regular keyless entry fob. I bought 2 new OEM alarm key fobs off of eBay, and they work perfectly. Sometimes they're listed on eBay for different cars, since many Hondas use the same alarm system. The auction I won listed the remotes for an Accord. Just make sure to match the FCC ID# and the P/N. This is what you need:

P/N: 08E61-S01-1M0-01

FCC ID#: A269ZUA101

There's instructions floating around somewhere on how to reprogram the remotes once you get them. It just involves pressing the Lock or Unlock button and turning the key 3 or 4 times. I have the actual alarm manual, PM me if you need it and I can scan the pages.

Congrats on the S!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:39 PM

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I was almost positive there are two different fobs. I have the programming instructions. I just needed to know where to order the fobs from. Thanks.

Chris

Quick Reply: Where in the world can I buy a key fob/remote?