S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Aem back to stock and wont start

Old 04-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

If it starts with starting fluid, then that tells me it’s not getting fuel and you are getting spark. Not getting fuel could be caused by several things. Seems like you would want to Start at the fuel pump, make sure its turning on/working and work towards the injectors. If you have fuel pressure at the rail, then it seems like the injectors are not being told to inject and that’s where to concentrate your efforts. From here, any well skilled mechanic should be able to deduct further and determine the cause of that. Something tells me its still involved with the immobilizer, or something in the harness got missed or damaged during the engine swap.

Good luck
Old 04-24-2014, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
If it starts with starting fluid, then that tells me it’s not getting fuel and you are getting spark. Not getting fuel could be caused by several things. Seems like you would want to Start at the fuel pump, make sure its turning on/working and work towards the injectors. If you have fuel pressure at the rail, then it seems like the injectors are not being told to inject and that’s where to concentrate your efforts. From here, any well skilled mechanic should be able to deduct further and determine the cause of that. Something tells me its still involved with the immobilizer, or something in the harness got missed or damaged during the engine swap. Good luck
I agree 100% with you. Immobilizer is excluded. So do you know of any sensor beside crankshaft sensor or camshafts that would cut me out?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:49 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by odin360
Originally Posted by s2000Junky
If it starts with starting fluid, then that tells me it’s not getting fuel and you are getting spark. Not getting fuel could be caused by several things. Seems like you would want to Start at the fuel pump, make sure its turning on/working and work towards the injectors. If you have fuel pressure at the rail, then it seems like the injectors are not being told to inject and that’s where to concentrate your efforts. From here, any well skilled mechanic should be able to deduct further and determine the cause of that. Something tells me its still involved with the immobilizer, or something in the harness got missed or damaged during the engine swap. Good luck
I agree 100% with you. Immobilizer is excluded. So do you know of any sensor beside crankshaft sensor or camshafts that would cut me out?
Both of these should throw a code if they are the issue. So it turns over, just will not fire? Check all the ground connections to the motor. The ground connection on the rear of the head is enough to cause this issue. It is behind the head, almost down to the head/block seam between the head and firewall.