S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

AEM Tuner won't connect to ECU Windows 10

Old 10-19-2015, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Tuner won't connect to ECU Windows 10

Hi,

I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and now AEMTuner 3.2 doesn't seem to find my AEM EMS when I connect it via USB.

Has anyone had the same issue with windows 10? Did you manage to resolve it?

It looks like it needs a new USB driver but I can't see anything on AEM website

It worked fine under windows 7

This is what the screen says ....

Screen Shot

Thanks
Robert
Old 10-19-2015, 07:15 AM

Solved as per this post ....

http://aemelectronics.com/?q=forum/w...connect-solved
Old 10-31-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can finally update my laptop after almost 2 years. Thank you! I had the original windows 8 installed without any updates. Once you update the very first time it killed my aem connection. THANK YOU!
Old 06-19-2017, 10:55 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Has anyone else had any issues with this?

Followed the instructions and switched off power management on the usb port through reg edit. Unfortunately this does not seem to have done anything to solve my connection issue.
I've tried in all states with car off, ign on and car running. Noe of these seem wake up the system and allow connection.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mr-T
Has anyone else had any issues with this?

Followed the instructions and switched off power management on the usb port through reg edit. Unfortunately this does not seem to have done anything to solve my connection issue.
I've tried in all states with car off, ign on and car running. Noe of these seem wake up the system and allow connection.
I've certainly had to do it a few times before to get it to work (perhaps I got the wrong entry in the registry, I pressume you've tried a few times?
Old 06-20-2017, 12:39 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes,
Double checked entry name, also managed to turn off the power management without reg edit when just right click and properties of the driver. It had a tab "Power Management".
Tried that way and the reg edit way. Neither worked. Tried different USB ports...still no luck.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr-T
Yes,
Double checked entry name, also managed to turn off the power management without reg edit when just right click and properties of the driver. It had a tab "Power Management".
Tried that way and the reg edit way. Neither worked. Tried different USB ports...still no luck.
i had the same issues ..what worked for me is right when you Click on connect ecu and system searches for ecu,remove USB cable and reconnect instantly you will see the connection to ecu complete and tables will open. I have to do this everytime For my ecu to be reconized. Hope this helps
Old 07-23-2017, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Nsanes2k
i had the same issues ..what worked for me is right when you Click on connect ecu and system searches for ecu,remove USB cable and reconnect instantly you will see the connection to ecu complete and tables will open. I have to do this everytime For my ecu to be reconized. Hope this helps
the "unplug and immediately plug back in" method worked for me on Windows 10 as well.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:26 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by PdotSmirf
the "unplug and immediately plug back in" method worked for me on Windows 10 as well.
this also is how i do it on a win10 tablet

plug in, hit connect, wait for the pop up that says trying to connect, then unplug and plug back in

there is some USB performance setting in win10 you can disable to fix it i believe but unplugging it works
Old 07-23-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

For those of you having connections issues. It is extremely important that you do not have a low battery in your car and all your grounds are good. You will have all kinds of issues if your battery is not up to snuff. Additionally, reloading the firmware on your AEM has fixed the issue for many users including myself. I had to redo it I think 3 times before it fixed my connections issues. I haven't had any issues since.