S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

DocTronics Plug & Play Honda S2000 ECU for 2000-05 Models

Old 03-14-2019, 03:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Davidc1

How is your flex fuel sensor working for you? Pretty positive I have mine wired completely right, added the ethanol display on the dash like you said, and enabled flex fuel. But mine reads a constant 22% and doesn't fluctuate at all. Plus being shell 93 octane 22 seems way to high to be accurate so I don't think that is correct. Have switched 12v, good ground, and my signal to pin C7 if I remember correctly. Not sure what I could be missing....
Old 03-15-2019, 04:21 PM

Updated to the newest software (wasnt using it since it was listed as BETA, previous version listed as stable so I used that) per doctronics suggestion, and now its reading at 9% which seems totally believable. The real test will be when I fill up again or go e85 and wait to see a change.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:29 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi everybody.
I have a big doubt, maybe near an idiot question

Can we tune the Doctronic ProEcu-S2K with the Volumetric Efficiency method ?
Old 03-25-2019, 06:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The maps are based off the MAP reading so yes.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry but I don't understand your answer.
I launched the Doctronoc software (offline) on my computer and I couldn't find a VE based fuel table actually.

I agree that the tables are based on rpm (of course) and MAP (and not TPS), but the values in the fuel table are not in % of VE.
Actually, I even don't understand in what "unit" are these values, for example in this S2K basemap:

This doesn't seem to be "ms of injector opening", so what is it ?

I also looked at the flexfuel possibility: there are only correction tables (fuel and ignition) that apply to the gasoline tables, in correspondance with the % of ethanol in the tank. Isn't that a little bit too simple ?
I mean, is it accurate enough ? I thought there would be several tables, depending on the % of ethanol, not a simple correction...

I think I am understanding that the ProEcu doesn't have as many possibilities as a standalone ECU, just because it is based on an oem K20 ECU. In theory this should work as well as oem. But is it enough for higher application such as supercharged/turbo and flexfuel... I am not sure...
Old 03-31-2019, 05:28 PM

I still haven't gotten into the flex fuel. But I do know it should handle it. There is the correction side and you can also assign different boost setting based on the ethanol content. This is very very similar to kpro so anyone familiar with that should be able to lock this down quickly.

I'm turbo, just finished up a conservative tune on the street and it rips hard. No it's not quite as diverse as a full blown standalone. But unless your trying to tune a straight race car, this is an awesome option for a street car that works well. Boost cut, boost control, flex fuel. Custom programming of certain display items like flashing the check engine light for a shift light, or on knock detection. Custom assign the value of each bar for the ECT guage. So far I'm happy. But until I get even deeper into getting this thing tuned i cant speak much on its limits. Should pass emissions as well (based on the scanning for readiness codes, wont do much if you gotta get hooked up to a sniffer)
The following users liked this post:
pizzai69 (04-01-2019)
Old 03-31-2019, 05:33 PM

Also it is in milliseconds. When I upgraded injectors it needed the dead times plugged in and then the entire fuel map was edited. If it were in ve it would have wanted injector size and stuff and should have done the work for me. Ve is nicer, but MS works just as well, just requires a bit more smarts.

Running 1500cc injectors, aem 340 pump, gt3076r turbo, custom manifold similar to the mini-me. 3 inch turbo back exhaust, only about 12psi since it's on pump for the time being, omni 4bar map sensor, and other stuff that's less of a concern for this discussion, but it's all being powered off this ECU with no issues.

And my flex fuel sensor seems to be displaying my ethanol content on the ecu software properly now as well. 8-9 percent. Will test that feature out once the time comes. But it does alot. Basically everything a hondata kpro setup would do for our cars but without changing a bunch of crap and costing a lot less.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:48 AM

Also to update. Passed Illinois emissions today. It's purely a plug in and check for DTC's and the readiness codes from the emissions systems. This ecu put those out if you set them as ready. So that was a relief.
The following users liked this post:
pizzai69 (04-03-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 08:53 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow. That's cool. Not even a visual inspection? Here in CA, we don't have to do sniff tests anymore, but they will always do a visual inspection, which would of course fail.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:28 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Useful info in this thread, thanks to all the contributors thus far.

I gotta ask: how is the key FOB affected by swapping the stock ECU out for the Doctronics ProK? Will the key work in the ignition just like usual after swapping the ECU out?

Quick Reply: DocTronics Plug & Play Honda S2000 ECU for 2000-05 Models