S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

DocTronics Plug & Play Honda S2000 ECU for 2000-05 Models

Old 04-18-2019, 06:54 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Useful info in this thread, thanks to all the contributors thus far.

I gotta ask: how is the key FOB affected by swapping the stock ECU out for the Doctronics ProK? Will the key work in the ignition just like usual after swapping the ECU out?
Everything still works fine. You can enable or disable the immobilizer.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:05 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Davidc1 I sent you a pm a few days ago, maybe you did not see it yet?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:23 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by davidc1
Everything still works fine. You can enable or disable the immobilizer.
Thanks for the response man. So it really is p 'n p
Old 04-29-2019, 03:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is but but not without its issues. They aren't a big company, and they dont have a huge business outside Europe from what I've noticed. So learning about the features and setup is a BITCH. Also I found a software issue. Contacted doctronics and they fixed it in 36 hours. Made 408whp on a 10.5psi gated spring though and e85. But couldnt do a flex fuel tune

Issue was my since boosted, the maps are supposed to be 20x20 cells. They are for normal maps, but the ethanol comp maps were only reflecting 20x10 as if it were still NA. Sent the info to then and they fixed it in the newest beta version of the software.

My next endeavour is setting up boost by gear. They do it differently so my tuner and I couldnt figure it out. After the same email wlthey explained how that works in their software. But what they didnt explain is if we can to auto switching of boost tables between high and low ethanol content. Or if I need to setup different boost tables on a switch. Just emailed them and waiting to here that. Overall, this is pnp cheaper hondata with alot less support. Also their knock control isnt as elaborate as hondata.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
It is but but not without its issues. They aren't a big company, and they dont have a huge business outside Europe from what I've noticed. So learning about the features and setup is a BITCH. Also I found a software issue. Contacted doctronics and they fixed it in 36 hours. Made 408whp on a 10.5psi gated spring though and e85. But couldnt do a flex fuel tune

Issue was my since boosted, the maps are supposed to be 20x20 cells. They are for normal maps, but the ethanol comp maps were only reflecting 20x10 as if it were still NA. Sent the info to then and they fixed it in the newest beta version of the software.

My next endeavour is setting up boost by gear. They do it differently so my tuner and I couldnt figure it out. After the same email wlthey explained how that works in their software. But what they didnt explain is if we can to auto switching of boost tables between high and low ethanol content. Or if I need to setup different boost tables on a switch. Just emailed them and waiting to here that. Overall, this is pnp cheaper hondata with alot less support. Also their knock control isnt as elaborate as hondata.
Thanks for the feedback. I think in my case it'll be much less "buggy" or problematic since when I go boost it will be supercharged and that means I can't run boost by gear anyway. Secondly I'm not gonna run E85 so flex fuel isn't even necessary for me. I have a EuroDM '00 AP1. I think if I can get a good supercharged base map on pump fuel I can run it like that until getting a good etune from AP1 Chief. I might even get the Doctronics unit while I'm modded NA, get it tuned up and running well then install my supercharger assuming I'm happy with the way the ECU performs.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:46 PM

Their base map is for a NA f20c that they have available. So I'd go right to the etune before driving on a supercharger. You could ask ballade if they have one but itll most likely be a dyno tune where the setup isnt exact of what yours is and you could still run the possibility of hurting the engine. That's my advise. Boost and another person's map isnt ideal. Na unless its very aggressive you could get away with
Old 05-02-2019, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
Their base map is for a NA f20c that they have available. So I'd go right to the etune before driving on a supercharger. You could ask ballade if they have one but itll most likely be a dyno tune where the setup isnt exact of what yours is and you could still run the possibility of hurting the engine. That's my advise. Boost and another person's map isnt ideal. Na unless its very aggressive you could get away with
That's a fair point, thanks. I think the best way is for me to get that ECU and run it with the NA base map they provide then ask AP1 Chief to get onboard and tune it for me before I run the supercharger. If I'm happy with the performance and behaviour of the ECU then I'll be confident to supercharge and get another tailor made tune for that build.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:50 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Some good info in here.

@ Rolan talk to Josh Ap1cheif first to see if he wants to have a go with that ecu, no point in getting that ECU it if he aint going to play with it. He tuned my AEM which he knows well, this just an thought before you line yourself up and get the hardware
Old 05-02-2019, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mike's
Some good info in here.

@ Rolan talk to Josh Ap1cheif first to see if he wants to have a go with that ecu, no point in getting that ECU it if he aint going to play with it. He tuned my AEM which he knows well, this just an thought before you line yourself up and get the hardware
Thanks man, I'll do that
I heard that Josh said to someone else in this thread, I think one of our friend's from France that he can tune the Doctronics unit but I have him on speed dial so I'll enter into a discussion with him when the time comes. I'm actually entertaining the thought of a second hand Doctronics or AEM V2 unit...just to save as much cost as possible.
The following users liked this post:
Mike's (05-07-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 12:50 PM

I talked to him briefly. He said he would be willing to check k it out. Unless something changed from then and now I'm not sure he has messed with it.

Quick Reply: DocTronics Plug & Play Honda S2000 ECU for 2000-05 Models